WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Still trolling for new post ideas for the blog. I have an old series refresh scheduled but I'm not sure if I'll still post it. Need to sleep on it some more.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's amazing how brutal hardware in the Android space can be. Thumbing through some listings from some of last year's solid but quickly forgotten flagships and some serious deals can be had if one is willing to look past certain flaws.

It's one of the pros and cons of using Android...if you buy a hit, you're in a good space...usually. if you buy a flop, you're SOL.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's amazing how brutal hardware in the Android space can be. Thumbing through some listings from some of last year's solid but quickly forgotten flagships and some serious deals can be had if one is willing to look past certain flaws.

It's one of the pros and cons of using Android...if you buy a hit, you're in a good space...usually. if you buy a flop, you're SOL.
This is so true. It comes down to what one is willing to deal with, like you said. I remember being excited about getting a Robin around this time last year for $300. Not a flagship but an okay phone. I would have never guessed a year later that it was last sold for 116?

On the flip of that, it's weird to me how some brands seem to hold a price. Trying the HTC One A9 last year was an adventure to find a price that I was willing to pay for it. Even though it was approaching "old" territory, it was still on the pricey side.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Speaking of, what are your thoughts on the LG Q8? Considering that you are currently trying the V20 and it's a mini version of it, do you think it would be interesting since it has a smaller footprint but similar specs?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of, what are your thoughts on the LG Q8? Considering that you are currently trying the V20 and it's a mini version of it, do you think it would be interesting since it has a smaller footprint but similar specs?
LG Q8 is the Japanese LG V34. It's too late in the game.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

This is so true. It comes down to what one is willing to deal with, like you said. I remember being excited about getting a Robin around this time last year for $300. Not a flagship but an okay phone. I would have never guessed a year later that it was last sold for 116?

On the flip of that, it's weird to me how some brands seem to hold a price. Trying the HTC One A9 last year was an adventure to find a price that I was willing to pay for it. Even though it was approaching "old" territory, it was still on the pricey side.
Agreed. Some brands are hit and miss. It can be such a grind in the weeds finding what you want sometimes.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And here I thought you preferred the teacher-student pairing over the I-Ron May-Bot as your main reason for moving...

No Brexit is the reason for moving. It looks like Maybot is going to be removed by another horrible person of some sort. This is not surprising. No idea which horrible person yet...

However, that doesn't change the reality. Brexit is why we are moving and why thousands of others are doing the same.

To put into perspective, my wife has lost about 80% of her business due to this mess. That's not simply because EU citizens are not coming over anymore but also due to the uncertainty so people are not spending money as they don't know what's going to happen.

That's more than enough reason to leave. However, add in how unwelcome we feel now and you realise that moving is the only option. Why stay in a hostile environment?

The weather side is a plus but it does rain there and apparently the winters can be a bit harsh. Summers are definitely better though. We're looking forward to the change. Timeline is a bit up in the air but at least we're heading in the right direction.

It's just unfortunate the currency is taking a major hit... :/

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So for anyone curious. I'm going to post Before/After pictures of our current house. The pictures I'm posting of Before are the ones that were in the ad. Believe it or not, the place actually looked and was worse than these pictures indicate. We had to replace flooring in some areas. We plastered pretty much every wall and ceiling. All new electrics. All new plumbing. All new heating. New laminate flooring. New kitchen. Two new bathrooms. New windows. New front door.

One of the reasons I was complaining about the weather is because our house is going up for sale and we wanted to get a nice picture of the yard. So in this grouping I won't be showing the yard or the garage.

Here is the old/new floor plan so you get an idea of what we did.

OLD FLOOR PLAN

View attachment 43 Percy Road Oldl.jpg

NEW FLOOR PLAN

View attachment 43 Percy Road Floor Plan .jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So original photos of the house. This is from the ad to sell the house.

RECEPTION

Reception.jpg

RECEPTION AND STAIRS

Reception and Stairs.jpg

KITCHEN

Kitchen.jpg

SECOND RECEPTION (EXTENSION)

Extension.jpg

KITCHEN AND SECOND RECEPTION

Kitchen Looking to Yard.jpg

UPSTAIRS BATHROOM

Upstairs Bathroom.jpg

BEDROOM 1

Main Bedroom.jpg

BEDROOM 2

Second Bedroom.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I can't believe it's taking this long to get my photos out of moderation... what's the deal? There wasn't that many and the photos were small.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

No Brexit is the reason for moving. It looks like Maybot is going to be removed by another horrible person of some sort. This is not surprising. No idea which horrible person yet...

However, that doesn't change the reality. Brexit is why we are moving and why thousands of others are doing the same.

To put into perspective, my wife has lost about 80% of her business due to this mess. That's not simply because EU citizens are not coming over anymore but also due to the uncertainty so people are not spending money as they don't know what's going to happen.

That's more than enough reason to leave. However, add in how unwelcome we feel now and you realise that moving is the only option. Why stay in a hostile environment?

The weather side is a plus but it does rain there and apparently the winters can be a bit harsh. Summers are definitely better though. We're looking forward to the change. Timeline is a bit up in the air but at least we're heading in the right direction.

It's just unfortunate the currency is taking a major hit... :/
Bad political references aside, I don't blame you guys for wanting to go. No one wants to stay in a space where they feel unwelcomed; sometimes if you can leave, that may be the best choice.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Windows Central mobile app

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't mean to whine but I've had a post in moderation for almost three hours now. I've come to the conclusion there are no mods on prior to the 'US' waking up... how sad. So much for an international forum.

Any mods passing, just delete it and I'll re-post so it doesn't get moderated. This is just silly.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Surprisingly, the grip on the V20 without a case can be slippery and inconsistent.

Due to the narrower profile, the Mi Note 2 is easier to wield. Still like the in hand feel of the XL the best of the three.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss