WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Excellent job Rue. I love the Euro plumbing fixtures, too bad they can't be sold here in the Colonies (code issues).

Sent from my Galaxy S8+

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

My sister got back to me and she thinks that the s8 is "a little long", just as I thought. I need to find out how much better the battery life on the S7 Edge is over the regular one.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Excellent job Rue. I love the Euro plumbing fixtures, too bad they can't be sold here in the Colonies (code issues).

Sent from my Galaxy S8+
That's odd though not surprising. I personally think codes are enforced just to make money half the time.

My time dealing with CSA, UL, IEC and other agencies makes me certain of this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

My sister got back to me and she thinks that the s8 is "a little long", just as I thought. I need to find out how much better the battery life on the S7 Edge is over the regular one.
99 can better answer that. From what I remember he told me, the S7 gets the better battery life. If she is like you and prefers it compact, she can still make out decently with the S7.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

99 can better answer that. From what I remember he told me, the S7 gets the better battery life. If she is like you and prefers it compact, she can still make out decently with the S7.
Hmm, that's interesting. I mainly got the S7 edge for her because the battery life was said to be better. If it's not worth it (she doesn't want it big but she said that she would take it for better battery life), an exchange is in my future. She likes it small but not as small as I go lol, so the S7 would be preferred.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, that's interesting. I mainly got the S7 edge for her because the battery life was said to be better. If it's not worth it (she doesn't want it big but she said that she would take it for better battery life), an exchange is in my future. She likes it small but not as small as I go lol, so the S7 would be preferred.
What we've seen with Samsung is that since the S6 the larger variant always gets better battery life. If she's chasing the better battery life, the bigger is the way to go.

You may want to poke around with others to do some research. Or try to catch 99 if you can, as he's used them both.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I can't speak for the S7 but I can definitely vouch for the S8+. It's got killer battery life.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

What we've seen with Samsung is that since the S6 the larger variant always gets better battery life. If she's chasing the better battery life, the bigger is the way to go.

You may want to poke around with others to do some research. Or try to catch 99 if you can, as he's used them both.
I can believe that. I'm going to let her try it out and see how she deals with the edge. If she hates it, I have seen a few deals for the regular S7.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Do you speak French?
I learnt it in school when I was younger but that was a long time ago and the French in Canada is different than the French in France so though it might have helped it may only have confused things.

We're going to take classes when we get there.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Made it really early to the conference that is about 50 miles away from home.
It is my first and it will be interesting, hopefully.

Unfortunately I forgot to carry business cards. Can you tell this is my first time? Lol

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately I forgot to carry business cards. Can you tell this is my first time? Lol
How else are you supposed to learn if not through mistakes? You won't forget the next time. If it makes you feel better, I leave my cards in my truck ALL the time.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Business cards? What are those things? I haven't had them for about 14 years... :wink:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Enjoy! Conferences are usually good ways to get away from the work site.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

S7 edge battery life is better than S7.
S8 battery life is quite good though and supposedly S8+ is even better.
I have had no issues with my S8 and am beginning to like it better than my S7edge.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

So I get a notification on my phone and it's weird because I see no live tiles active. Pull down the shade and see this advisory. Are you effin kidding me? Heat advisory when it's "only" 86 and thunderstorms 10 miles to the West over the Everglades? Oh yeah, the heat index is in the 110s - welcome to South Florida, now go home.

wp_ss_20170725_0001.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I like the look of the Moto Z² Force. I don't like the smaller battery and am indifferent about the missing headphone jack. I dislike the price. I'm wary about the camera and Moto software update policy. Still, I'll go look at it in the stores.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss