WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hmm that's really interesting that the Pixel screen feels smaller. I remember someone around these parts saying that they couldn't stand the ratio of the S8s. It's interesting how the experience can really vary from person to person, when it comes to this. I can get how you feel about the Pixel camera, I still really like that camera a lot.

That would be me. It's the reason I never even bothered with the G6 nor will I entertain the Pixel 2.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

That would be me. It's the reason I never even bothered with the G6 nor will I entertain the Pixel 2.
G6 is slightly chunkier than the S8 and pretty much every case I encountered for that phone was garbage and made the phone even more unwieldy to use. Otherwise it checks all the boxes - SD card support, flat screen (easier to find and apply a tempered glass screen protector), relatively compact size, decently large screen, great cameras, audio wasn't too shabby and battery life was decent. I figured out how to live with it using the Google Now launcher.

Hmm, if Pixel 2 disappoints me, I might pick up the G6 again. Although I am liking everything about the V30. Need more information about battery life though.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

LG G6: 78.3% screen to body ratio
Galaxy S8: Infinity Edge Screen and 83% screen to body ratio
iPhone 8 : Close to Samsung or even higher with wraparound camera/sensor panel
Pixel 2: Hold dat giant bezel 70% screen to body ratio

Yup, definitely not a fan of that ginormous chin!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I 100% agree here.
I will say though that LG can fine tune the UI a bit more.
Although Nova or a Pixel launcher (the one I'm using on my Huawei MediaPad M3) would solve most of those issues.
Good luck Laura.
It'll be Nova Prime for me. That's already what I've used on my previous Moto devices.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll probably get this clear case for my V20, since I want to show off the silver colour. Speck Products Presidio Clear Cell Phone Case for LG V20 - Clear/Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRHYBL...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3696377

In other news, the V20 is due to arrive tomorrow.
Because I switch batteries so much, I am currently not using a case. I do hope you like the phone and am curious to hear about your experience.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow, I feel bad for the people who bought a 3T a few months ago. :/
It's typical. It would have seen Marshmallow, Nougat and whatever the hell they call 8.0. That's the same amount of support the Pixel will get.

If you're pissed, blame Google for setting the 24 month rule for the Open Alliance for updates. And it's not a hard 24 months, it's "up to 24 months" (and assuming the phone doesn't have weak sales).

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's typical. It would have seen Marshmallow, Nougat and whatever the hell they call 8.0. That's the same amount of support the Pixel will get.

If you're pissed, blame Google for setting the 24 month rule for the Open Alliance for updates. And it's not a hard 24 months, it's "up to 24 months" (and assuming the phone doesn't have weak sales).

True point. I don't disagree with you but with the OnePlus 3, I can understand this to a point. The 3T basically came out a couple of months before the OnePlus 5 so it feels more like a slap in the face. My timing is probably wrong but it does feel that way to me. Even the Honor 8 and the Honor 9 had a decent amount of space between them.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Because I switch batteries so much, I am currently not using a case. I do hope you like the phone and am curious to hear about your experience.
I'll see if I get another battery or not. I'll also mention how it feels in my hand with and without a case. Some phones are just so slippery without cases.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So far I've not been able to do much with night photography on the XZ which is disappointing.

I'll just have to keep trying.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So with some clever editing from an app I managed to get this sunset shot. Still nothing great but better.

3bd05b6c0bdd3697afb926197d4b8095.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

True point. I don't disagree with you but with the OnePlus 3, I can understand this to a point. The 3T basically came out a couple of months before the OnePlus 5 so it feels more like a slap in the face. My timing is probably wrong but it does feel that way to me. Even the Honor 8 and the Honor 9 had a decent amount of space between them.
Unfortunately, it isn't about how new the phone is...it's about how much an OEM will stick with the Open Alliance mandates. At least it's not surprising by OnePlus - "small company, tigher resources, blah blah blah". And they aren't officially selling the 3/3T anymore either.

I'm just wary of them because of how ****ty their customer service is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss