WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This the view from our private balcony.
51bfafa9453d403aed570748fdd99ac4.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Quick update on the V20.

It arrived and I set it up.

I don't have a case yet, but one will arrive next week. I also ordered a spare battery. Both of these items are coming from Amazon.

The V20 is a big phone, but that's a good thing to me, since I like big phones. It is surprisingly thin, considering that it has a removable battery. It doesn't feel slippery and had a decent grip to it. It doesn't feel heavy and is well balanced in my hand.

I already switched to Nova Launcher Prime, Gboard, Lines icons, Google Messages, and Aqua Mail rather than the default LG apps.

Switching was easy. Everything was backed up from my Moto X Pure Edition except for the Moto apps which I didn't really use anyway.

The display looks great and is easy to read outdoors in the sun and indoors in the dark using the default brightness settings.

The second screen is cool. I like that LG feature.

Call quality is great.

Connectivity to WiFi and Bluetooth is great. I had no issues connecting the phone to the head unit in my 2017 Honda Civic coupe.

I streamed Google Play music in the car.

Music and camera reviews will be forthcoming, once I've used those features.

I'll also update on battery life once I'm at what will be normal use.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Quick update on the V20.

I don't have a case yet, but one will arrive next week. I also ordered a spare battery. Both of these items are coming from Amazon.

The V20 is a big phone, but that's a good thing to me, since I like big phones. It is surprisingly thin, considering that it has a removable battery. It doesn't feel slippery and had a decent grip to it. It doesn't feel heavy and is well balanced in my hand.

I already switched to Nova Launcher Prime, Gboard, Lines icons, Google Messages, and Aqua Mail rather than the default LG apps.

Switching was easy. Everything was backed up from my Moto X Pure Edition except for the Moto apps which I didn't really use anyway.

The display looks great and is easy to read outdoors in the sun and indoors in the dark using the default brightness settings.

Call quality is great.

Connectivity to WiFi and Bluetooth is great. I had no issues connecting the phone to the head unit in my 2017 Honda Civic coupe.

Nice. Looking forward to it. I grabbed a $8 tempered, $8 solo external battery charger and a $10 battery. Very satisfied.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Quick update on the V20.

Call quality is great.

Yay! Sounds like it's so far so good. Thank you for sharing your impressions. I will be looking forward to your thoughts on the other features you haven't tried out yet. Do you think you will use the second screen much or does it seem like a just "nice to have" feature right now?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What I wish LG did was open up the API for the second screen. I'd love a mod where when in full screen apps the on screen buttons show up on the second screen.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Yay! Sounds like it's so far so good. Thank you for sharing your impressions. I will be looking forward to your thoughts on the other features you haven't tried out yet. Do you think you will use the second screen much or does it seem like a just "nice to have" feature right now?
I think I will indeed use the second screen.
What I wish LG did was open up the API for the second screen. I'd love a mod where when in full screen apps the on screen buttons show up on the second screen.
That would be very cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb