WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The senior management aka wife(!) managed get an ever earlier flight on Wednesday.... so we will reach our transit at Kuala Lumpur with lotsa time to spare.
Looking forward to be home to see my mum, who will be celebrating her 90th. Going to be a blast....

... !
Awesome! Happy birthday to your mum!🎂

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

V20 update: AT&T visual voicemail showed as incompatible from Play Store. I installed the apk from apk mirror, and it works fine. This might be useful for someone who wants to use visual voicemail on an unlocked phone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I knew with some time and a bit of luck is get a good sunset photo eventually. It was very hazy so it wasn't easy. Luckily last night was the best yet.

d55424c6fd0ca4b8bac51b7369f5ac91.jpg

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

My great grandmother (mother's side) lived to 96. If she didn't have the medical issues she did she could've easily hit 100 or more. She was simply stubborn. She's also my direct link to the UK.

My grandparents (mother's side) didn't fare as well unfortunately. Both in their early 70s. 18 months apart.

I only know my mother's side of the family.

My dad reached his 91st before passing on. My grandparents all reached their 70s/80s. I guess the people born of their generations lived through cleaner environment.

My mum's tough old soul. About 12 years ago she had a bad fall, broke her hip bones. Had a couple of minor heart attack during her post-surgery recovery. She was in pretty bad shape but did manage to recover through it all. Now she really, physically strong and spritely for her age, with her mental faculties intact. It's a blessing.

... !

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

My dad reached his 91st before passing on. My grandparents all reached their 70s/80s. I guess the people born of their generations lived through cleaner environment.

My mum's tough old soul. About 12 years ago she had a bad fall, broke her hip bones. Had a couple of minor heart attack during her post-surgery recovery. She was in pretty bad shape but did manage to recover through it all. Now she really, physically strong and spritely for her age, with her mental faculties intact. It's a blessing.

... !
Wow! Except for my dad, God rest his beautiful soul, I'm the only male in my immediate family (cousins included) that made it past 50. My only brother and 4 cousins all kicked it in their 40s and only 1 (a cousin) wasn't because of heart disease. I almost joined them at 46 with a heart attack of my own.

My life motto ever since has become "I'm here for a good time not a long time". I took a huge pay cut earlier this year to work fewer days and fewer hours to spend more time with my wife and daughter. I still put in about 55 hours per week but compared to 72 I feel lazy.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Wow! Except for my dad, God rest his beautiful soul, I'm the only male in my immediate family (cousins included) that made it past 50. My only brother and 4 cousins all kicked it in their 40s and only 1 (a cousin) wasn't because of heart disease. I almost joined them at 46 with a heart attack of my own.

My life motto ever since has become "I'm here for a good time not a long time". I took a huge pay cut earlier this year to work fewer days and fewer hours to spend more time with my wife and daughter. I still put in about 55 hours per week but compared to 72 I feel lazy.

Good for you! Family is much more valuable than work. 😊 You've got the right priorities. 👍

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

As you obviously already know, you made the right choice. Seriously good on you.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

... !
That's great to hear!

My great grandmother was a WWI bride. My great grandfather was Canadian and they got married in the UK while he was here on duty there then moved to Canada.

If she didn't have the several strokes she had she would have been a lot more healthy.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think working more than 40 is unhealthy but I understand everyone is different.

That's crazy that so many in your family died so young. I only had one relative that I know of that died young (in their 40s) due to cancer.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I think working more than 40 is unhealthy but I understand everyone is different.

That's crazy that so many in your family died so young. I only had one relative that I know of that died young (in their 40s) due to cancer.
It's always good to have thorough regular medical check ups.... and know the medical history of your family... At least the knowledge from that offer preparation and guidance.

... !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)