WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Ahh my hairstylist told me that I have a few strands of grey hair before. He wasn't messing with me. I found one tonight

Bummer, I'm only 27. Not 28 yet.
I'm almost all white in my side burns. My dad was pretty much all white by my age so I guess I am doing much better. My brother dyes his hair and he's pretty much gray all around. I think my first gray hair showed up late but things accelerated very quickly soon thereafter.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wait, what? That's so crazy.

It's even crazier than you think.

My company has it's own contract agency. That's who contacted me about the job because my LinkedIn profiles states I'm looking for new opportunities. :p

So technically, I'd be working for the same company, in a different country, as a contractor. LOL!

Not sure I'll take it though. The pay is ok but I don't think it's helpful for our plans overall.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's even crazier than you think.

My company has it's own contract agency. That's who contacted me about the job because my LinkedIn profiles states I'm looking for new opportunities. :p

So technically, I'd be working for the same company, in a different country, as a contractor. LOL!

Not sure I'll take it though. The pay is ok but I don't think it's helpful for our plans overall.

Wow. I don't even know what to say. I wouldn't have guessed that o_o

They really want to keep you but that's a funny way of doing things. True, since you are in the process of buying a home in France.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Wow. I don't even know what to say. I wouldn't have guessed that o_o

They really want to keep you but that's a funny way of doing things. True, since you are in the process of buying a home in France.

LOL! No.

My company doesn't know I'm leaving yet and few people here know I'm leaving. Not sure on the shock value yet but who knows? Engineers as I mentioned already are a dime a dozen so...?

The agency contacted me on it's own accord, nothing to do with my company. I did bring up the conflict issues during our conversation.

What probably happened is that my profile came up in their search results while they were searching on LinkedIn. They noticed I worked for the company and then contacted me because it said I was looking for new opportunities.

My profile is well ranked and comes up frequently in searches.

So pure coincidence/luck.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

LOL! No.

My company doesn't know I'm leaving yet and few people here know I'm leaving. Not sure on the shock value yet but who knows? Engineers as I mentioned already are a dime a dozen so...?

The agency contacted me on it's own accord, nothing to do with my company. I did bring up the conflict issues during our conversation.

What probably happened is that my profile came up in their search results while they were searching on LinkedIn. They noticed I worked for the company and then contacted me because it said I was looking for new opportunities.

My profile is well ranked and comes up frequently in searches.

So pure coincidence/luck.

Ooh okay, that makes sense. I remember what you said about being how it is for engineers.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ooh okay, that makes sense. I remember what you said about being how it is for engineers.

Yeah it's pretty dim still for engineering but it does appear to be picking up a bit here and there in the EU. Can't say the same for the UK though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah it's pretty dim still for engineering but it does appear to be picking up a bit here and there in the EU. Can't say the same for the UK though.

I really hope that you have better luck in France. I'm sure that you will though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I really hope that you have better luck in France. I'm sure that you will though.
When it comes down to it. The hope is to get out of engineering all together. The job is really just a buffer and more money. It's a nice to have but not the end of the world of it doesn't happen.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

When it comes down to it. The hope is to get out of engineering all together. The job is really just a buffer and more money. It's a nice to have but not the end of the world of it doesn't happen.

Ohh okay. In that case, I wish you the best with your next plans, with or without the job.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Just stepped outside and it's some kind of weird haze. I can imagine what it's like on the Left Coast.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

All right folks here are a couple of eclipse pictures. I bought 50 solar viewer pack for an eclipse viewing party at work. A good friend of mine took these with his professional grade Nikon. Enjoy!

Please note we had a partial eclipse only for viewing from Southern California.

Eclipse DSC_6134.jpg
Eclipse DSC_6102.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

All right folks here are a couple of eclipse pictures. I bought 50 solar viewer pack for an eclipse viewing party at work. A good friend of mine took these with his professional grade Nikon. Enjoy!

Please note we had a partial eclipse only for viewing from Southern California.

View attachment 137072
View attachment 137073
That's pretty! 🌑

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I watched the eclipse on TV. Apparently it was going to be a partial one here but it was cloudy.

There's some really awesome pictures on Instagram.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I watched the eclipse on TV. Apparently it was going to be a partial one here but it was cloudy.

There's some really awesome pictures on Instagram.
I remember watching one years ago, the temperature dropped, the cockerels ****-a-doodle-do in the late afternoon.

... !

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I remember watching one years ago, the temperature dropped, the cockerels ****-a-doodle-do in the late afternoon.

... !

Yeah it's quite impressive. You can see why primitive man would have thought it was some sort of doom thing or bad sign.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So update on the job thing.

I turned down the job in the Netherlands. It simply didn't suit my situation.

However, a new opportunity has presented itself. This time in Paris France.

It was a positive email that I received with an indication of a possible interview. However, nothing has materialised as of yet. So I wait. Yeah more waiting, like I'm not doing enough of that.

I've come to the conclusion that ASAP might mean something different in France. :p

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So update on the job thing.

I turned down the job in the Netherlands. It simply didn't suit my situation.

However, a new opportunity has presented itself. This time in Paris France.

It was a positive email that I received with an indication of a possible interview. However, nothing has materialised as of yet. So I wait. Yeah more waiting, like I'm not doing enough of that.

I've come to the conclusion that ASAP might mean something different in France. :p

Whoa, good luck!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

There's nothing I hate more than waiting for something, especially when you're told it will be done quickly.

Oh well. Patience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077