WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

The V30 makes me think of how it would be to just try the G6, but I'm trying to be good. The Q6 is a waste of time, based on what I have read.

Not going to take action on doing it though because I know how I am. I would like it but then I'll be annoyed about needing my purse to carry it around.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hasn't started yet. I believe it starts sometimes around 3rd of October. We'll se how it goes, first few days are a deal breaker for me. Got to make sure I fit in nicely.
Well, you get to skull right without impunity, so enjoy it.

I'm sure you'll do just fine when the classes start.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

You're lucky to have been very young when it hit. If memory serves, Gilbert was the same year as Hugo and we were terrified in Miami because one was to our south and the other drifted north. I had many friends in Jamaica whose homes were wiped out by Gilbert. I think it might still be the most powerful storm in the Atlantic as far as barometric pressure.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk
Gilbert was a top 10 beast of the 20th century for sure. Hurricane Sandy for NYC proper (outside of certain parts of NJ and College Point which experienced devastation akin to a true hurricane strike) was a cakewalk.

This was a hit song, funny but not so funny. I still can recall two of my neighbors had worse housing damage so for the night during the eye of the storm we had 12 total people sleeping in two bedrooms and a living room. I also recall the night after the hurricane left standing in the living room and looking straight up at the stars.

Hurricane fallout is just hard to describe to those who never truly experienced it, like most traumas are.

https://youtu.be/8flDlixo4KA

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The V30 makes me think of how it would be to just try the G6, but I'm trying to be good. The Q6 is a waste of time, based on what I have read.

Not going to take action on doing it though because I know how I am. I would like it but then I'll be annoyed about needing my purse to carry it around.
G6 is a big, semi chunky phone for you. Lol. Don't bother.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

G6 is a big, semi chunky phone for you. Lol. Don't bother.

Haha yeah, you're right. I just like that it has flat edges. I'll save my money on that.

Honestly though, the idea of the Pixel again is tempting just for the camera and having less crashes but more so that camera. I plan to go to a couple of concerts next month and having that excellent shooter will be nice. I'll never forget the great picture I got out of it in low light of one of my favorite artists of all time. Probably one of the best pictures I have ever taken that still gets the occasional favorite here and there.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I did forget to mention one minor tidbit from my London trip.
Was very happy to see a variety of devices with people - not just iPhone which is usually the case here in the USA.
Saw a multitude of Android devices - Moto, Huawei, Sony, Samsung, Google Pixel. Actually the girl next to me on the short flight from Dublin to London had the exact same Google Pixel as mine.

And surprise, surprise I saw a few Lumia devices as well. Guy in front of me at Buckingham Palace watching the changing of the guard ceremony had a Lumia 950. Another guy at Big Ben asked me to take his picture and he had a Lumia 650. Saw one more guy with a red Lumia 920 at the Museum of Natural History which was quite a bit of a shock.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Was very happy to see a variety of devices with people - not just iPhone which is usually the case here in the USA.
Saw a multitude of Android devices - Moto, Huawei, Sony, Samsung, Google Pixel. Actually the girl next to me on the short flight from Dublin to London had the exact same Google Pixel as mine.

And surprise, surprise I saw a few Lumia devices as well. Guy in front of me at Buckingham Palace watching the changing of the guard ceremony had a Lumia 950. Another guy at Big Ben asked me to take his picture and he had a Lumia 650. Saw one more guy with a red Lumia 920 at the Museum of Natural History which was quite a bit of a shock.

That's so cool!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Ooh if that comes to life, I can picture you taking a chance on it.
Only if it's webOS and I seriously doubt it unless LG is contemplating a sale. I would entertain PalmOS since I use my T/X everyday and they're talking about a PalmPilot. We'll see.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

That's awesome 99.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Only if it's webOS and I seriously doubt it unless LG is contemplating a sale. I would entertain PalmOS since I use my T/X everyday and they're talking about a PalmPilot. We'll see.

I was so impressed with this back in the day I almost bought one...ended up getting the Axim X50v instead. But boy, it was close.

My first true tablet was the firesale Touchpad. It got me very interested in the Palm Pre 2 before it got killed off. One of my dear friends bought the Touchpad from me and still uses it in dual boot...and marvels at how sweet WebOS is.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I was so impressed with this back in the day I almost bought one...ended up getting the Axim X50v instead. But boy, it was close.

My first true tablet was the firesale Touchpad. It got me very interested in the Palm Pre 2 before it got killed off. One of my dear friends bought the Touchpad from me and still uses it in dual boot...and marvels at how sweet WebOS is.
The x50v was a sweet device and I was tempted to get one not too long ago. The x51v was a little better and the HP hx4700 was the best of the bunch. I stayed with the Palm because of Graffiti. People talk about Swipe being so badass but I don't think Graffiti is far behind when it comes to quick scribbles.

I don't use it much anymore but I still have my Touchpad. It's amazing that for being "ancient" it prints to my newer HP OfficeJet without a hitch. I guess HP uses the same protocols from 2012 because the printing feature is baked in. If only it had a rear-facing camera for scanning.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The x50v was a sweet device and I was tempted to get one not too long ago. The x51v was a little better and the HP hx4700 was the best of the bunch. I stayed with the Palm because of Graffiti. People talk about Swipe being so badass but I don't think Graffiti is far behind when it comes to quick scribbles.

I don't use it much anymore but I still have my Touchpad. It's amazing that for being "ancient" it prints to my newer HP OfficeJet without a hitch. I guess HP uses the same protocols from 2012 because the printing feature is baked in. If only it had a rear-facing camera for scanning.

Good stuff indeed. I don't mind TCL bringing back these old brands. In fact, they would be smart for making them niche to keep them semi viable and not going directly after Samsung and Apple.

We'll see. As for me, I'm just waiting things out. Call me pessimistic, but I get a feeling LG is going to come with some curveball on the V30 I won't like.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I caved and switched back to the SE for now. More app crashes along with general performance issues are enough for me to take a break until it gets 7.0. I plan to use it for the better front camera when necessary though.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea