WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Moto X4 pricing leaks suggest they are really getting aggressive about cleaning up the $400 market. Leave Samsung and Apple to duke it out at the top and looks like they want to clean the clock out on OP. I think LG should figure out a way to stay somewhere in between with their hardware.
Make their Q line useful is what LG could do here.

Moto is smart as after the buzzsaw that was 2016, the heavy hitters in the US moved on...no Alcatel, honor, Oneplus, or ZTE are in that $400 space. This has a chance to sell if it does work with Project Fi and the cameras aren't garbage.

I just don't trust them with regards to software support.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah the X4 sounds great! I'm looking forward to finding out about the camera to come. I was shocked to learn that it is smaller than both of the G5 phones. It's a bit tall for me, story of my phone life but it sounds like a solid phone.

Someone on AC left a comment saying that it's good that there's finally a phone with a second wide angle lens outside of LG. I didn't even realize that until their comment. That can be fun to play with.
I know who said that comment. He's good like that.

I don't mind others using wide angle lens, as it gives more choice. That's needed. But we will see what happens.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Moto is smart as after the buzzsaw that was 2016, the heavy hitters in the US moved on...no Alcatel, honor, Oneplus, or ZTE are in that $400 space. This has a chance to sell if it does work with Project Fi and the cameras aren't garbage.

Moto and software support is like Apple making affordable smartphones.

Not going to happen.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Moto and software support is like Apple making affordable smartphones.

Not going to happen.
I know. They've already stated clearly they do security updates quarterly. It's why I won't buy another one, even though the X4 doesn't look like a bad offering.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm surprised that ZTE hasn't released or announced anything. I never realized how good I had it with honor. Having to clean the cache partition after a month and some is just sad. :/ That is really bumming out my experience with the A3.

I might have to modify my words about not buying anything right now as this issue is making me think of the Pixel...again. I just miss that camera but I know I shouldn't. I just need to wait.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I know who said that comment. He's good like that.

I don't mind others using wide angle lens, as it gives more choice. That's needed. But we will see what happens.

I already forgot who said the comment so I looked back to find out and I generally like his comments.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm surprised that ZTE hasn't released or announced anything. I never realized how good I had it with honor. Having to clean the cache partition after a month and some is just sad. :/ That is really bumming out my experience with the A3.

I might have to modify my words about not buying anything right now as this issue is making me think of the Pixel...again. I just miss that camera but I know I shouldn't. I just need to wait.
Pixel is probably the closest thing to an iPhone IMO in the Android world.
And yes, the camera doesn't disappoint.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

They finally opened up a bit more about the fingerprint scanner. It was a contract with a USA carrier. Not well thought out on Sony's side. I think that's soon coming to an end (maybe next year,?) so it's possible they will release a patch to make it operational in the US once it's over. Easily done as it's just software.

I know there's opinions on Sony in general and I do agree with some. I still think they make good hardware though. It's really the software (camera wise) that let's them down a touch.

Also I think their recent design is quite nice and I think it could lend itself to a more bezeless design. Which I personally think would be very nice looking. But we'll see.

Overall I think Sony is going the right way but they're still a bit off with some things. This time I don't think it's price personally.
The lack of a functional fingerprint scanner on USA Sony phones has to be a drawback. I didn't have a phone with a fingerprint scanner until I got my V20, but now I wouldn't want a phone without one, especially since many apps allow me to log in using the fingerprint scanner.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Pixel is probably the closest thing to an iPhone IMO in the Android world.
And yes, the camera doesn't disappoint.

I agree on both points. When it comes to the Pixel, I generally knew that the issue is with the app and not with the phone itself, if I had app weirdness.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

ZTE isn't going to do anything right now because of how cutthroat that price point was. I'm not sure if it's necessary for them to come back in for a while, either.

You're looking for something that size wise to fit your needs. Those options are few and far between, so good luck.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

ZTE isn't going to do anything right now because of how cutthroat that price point was. I'm not sure if it's necessary for them to come back in for a while, either.

You're looking for something that size wise to fit your needs. Those options are few and far between, so good luck.
They just released a couple of new Blade and Zmax updated handsets but they're on Metro POS. I have TMO branded Zmax Pro I keep buried in a drawer that's eternally stuck on Marshmallow. I knew going in that it would be like buying a Blu - no updates. But I wasn't prepared for the insanely slow performance. Might as well have been named the. ZTE Zlag Pro.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Funny-ish story.

So my friend who I gave her a HTC 8X as her first smartphone (which she lost in a cab) moved to NYC recently. She was asking me for phone recommendations as she is like Libra (prefers compact phones) but doesn't want to spend money on a phone. She even called me her "phone guy".

So I suggested to her twice the Moto E4. Told her to even look at it in person first. I also suggested an iPhone SE would be a solid investment too.

She calls me last week after being without a phone here for two weeks and stated she bought a new phone. She ended up getting a t mobile revvl (5.5").

She told me she picked that phone, even though she admitted not knowing about phones. Her logic: "I trusted the sales rep because he is Jamaican like me."

MIA's response: 🤔🤐

This is why I don't give buyer's recommendations.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

That's a great point.

Thanks, you're exactly right about that. At the moment, the XZ1 Compact seems to fit that. I think I'll just deal with the SE until that phone goes on sale. There should be reviews by then too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a great point.

Thanks, you're exactly right about that. At the moment, the XZ1 Compact seems to fit that. I think I'll just deal with the SE until that phone goes on sale. There should be reviews by then too.
Ok. I'm sure you'll keep us posted. You might become a shrinking violet while waiting for that sake though...lol...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

43efd4e2e3af2487c99dc7720fe0eb57.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb