WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Noob questions here, but I'm sure one of you can help me. We all know of the notification issues that Huawei and Honor phones can have. One of those issues that I've been having has to do with notifications from the Outlook email app. Notifications for mail through that app do not show up unless I have the screen on. It's not a really not deal, but it's enough to annoy the heck out of me at times. I've never used the stock email app on my Honor Note 8 due to my paranoid suspicion of the app and my ignorance as to how email apps work. I want to add my work email to the stock app, but we send sensitive information in some of our emails. Finally...to my questions: When using the stock Huawei email app, does my mail get routed to overseas severs before arriving to my phone? Should I be concerned using the stock app?
Thanks for the help.
Wish I could help. I bought the app Nine for my emails as soon as MSFT has screwed up their Outlook app when I used to use it heavy with Android Wear. I ended up on some phone - probably the Maxx - where I couldn't use the built in email app as it kept sending me back to Gmail.

Nine has done the trick for me ever since.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

When using the stock Huawei email app, does my mail get routed to overseas severs before arriving to my phone? Should I be concerned using the stock app?
Thanks for the help.

From a server perspective the app should have nothing to do with how your emails get routed.

Depending on what system you use, the company that provides your work email will have their own servers and you use these when setting up your email in any app.

In other words, if you use an exchange server it goes through that. You could also have Imap or POP.

If it's Outlook or Gmail then those have their own servers as well, typically an Imap server.

Now the main question, does your email get routed to internstional servers? Can't really answer that question. It should be no but you'd be surprised the trip data takes on the net.

However, as I mentioned, the app has nothing to do with that. It's all down to the provider of your work emails.

Hope that helps.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

From a server perspective the app should have nothing to do with how your emails get routed.

Depending on what system you use, the company that provides your work email will have their own servers and you use these when setting up your email in any app.

In other words, if you use an exchange server it goes through that. You could also have Imap or POP.

If it's Outlook or Gmail then those have their own servers as well, typically an Imap server.

Now the main question, does your email get routed to internstional servers? Can't really answer that question. It should be no but you'd be surprised the trip data takes on the net.

However, as I mentioned, the app has nothing to do with that. It's all down to the provider of your work emails.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, N_LaRUE. That's what I was needing to know.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Saw one of my new colleagues eyeballing that iPhone 10 hard at her desk...lol. I'll wait until 99 reviews it before I comment.

I am gonna pass.
What a load of croc the new iPhone X is.
They are basically just wanting to fleece folks for a slightly more glorified S8 with Face ID and no headphone jack. No thanks.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

If I channel my inner Libra, give me a Pixel sized phone with the V30's camera, water resistance, Qi, audio, dual speakers and the Pixel's version of Android, and I'll be good.

I'd be fine if it was a 2800mah powering the show with the S835. It can look as ugly as the Pixel too.

I'd be happy with the LG G6 Plus with SD835 and slap the Pixel launcher on it. Sans the dual speakers it would pretty much check every box on your list.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

For the camera buffs on the thread. I do not know if you noticed that DXoMark has updated their test methodology. I am happy that they did that. Not happy that they announced it on fruit stand day and the story just got buried under the $999 hype train.

Basically looks like the HTC U11 and Pixel are tied.
I can definitely vouch for the quality of pictures from the Pixel. Haven't yet picked up the U11.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I am gonna pass.
They are basically just wanting to fleece folks for a slightly more glorified S8 with Face ID and no headphone jack. No thanks.
Face ID is something that I dislike. I'm skeptical about how well it works if one doesn't wear glasses, wears glasses, and wears sunglasses (including polarised sunglasses). I do all of the above, so would it even work? FPS is reliable.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Major babysitting duties coming up starting Friday of next week.
But I think the kid and I are gonna have fun for 11 days!
Have quite a few things planned out already.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Face ID is something that I dislike. I'm skeptical about how well it works if one doesn't wear glasses, wears glasses, and wears sunglasses (including polarised sunglasses). I do all of the above, so would it even work? FPS is reliable.

I agree. Even if it works as well as Apple says I think people will look like dorks staring at the FFC.
Integrating the FPS in the Apple logo is something they could have done easily.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I am gonna pass.
You know you'll test it out at some point, so I'm not buying that...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd be happy with the LG G6 Plus with SD835 and slap the Pixel launcher on it. Sans the dual speakers it would pretty much check every box on your list.
Since LG slapped the G6+ with the S821, better satisfy with that...but at least you use the OnePlus "never settle" mantra, so good luck there...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I agree. Even if it works as well as Apple says I think people will look like dorks staring at the FFC.
Integrating the FPS in the Apple logo is something they could have done easily.
If I view this from a criminal mind, since iPhones still sell well in those realms...I'd only target iPhone X people and when you rob them, force them to use the face unlock before you flee.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

If I view this from a criminal mind, since iPhones still sell well in those realms...I'd only target iPhone X people and when you rob them, force them to use the face unlock before you flee.

I think most people will be looking to get the iPhone X over the 8 and 8+ simply because they look like the 7. In reality, all Apple had to do was release the X and that would have been enough.

Oh well. Still, not a fan of the facial recognition.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I've come to this conclusion.

You really don't know what it's like to rely on others until you want to buy/sell a house.

We finally got our contract for our French property. So that's all well and good. Things are fine there just a lot of paperwork of course... it is France after all.

However, the UK house is a bit stalled at the moment. I think partially due to inexperience on the buyer's part, their first house. In reality things should be moving smoothly.

What it is, I don't think they've been told the right information. They had some paperwork given to them on Aug 15, they didn't do anything with it, thinking they had until completion date (Dec 1) to complete it. Not realising that they needed to complete this paperwork to move things along. So even though we had plenty of time we're now getting to a critical point where we may run the risk of not selling prior to our house in France completing.

They were told about a week (or more) ago they had to get that sorted but we've not heard anything since. Even in this day and age it still takes way too much time to do 'searches' on property and that's the issue now. The longer they take to get the paperwork sorted the less chance we have in meeting the Dec 1 completion date we had planned and the date they were happy to move in.

They're renting so I'm assuming they'd like to be in prior to Christmas and all that nonsense.

I think I may have found the flaw in using online services. We used an online estate agent. They used an online lawyer (or conveyancing service) and I think this is part of the issue. Add in their inexperience and probably our online agent not following up we're now here. I've heard that people have had a few issues with online lawyers before as well.

So we'll see. So didn't need this stress.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I've come to this conclusion.

You really don't know what it's like to rely on others until you want to buy/sell a house.

We finally got our contract for our French property. So that's all well and good. Things are fine there just a lot of paperwork of course... it is France after all.

However, the UK house is a bit stalled at the moment. I think partially due to inexperience on the buyer's part, their first house. In reality things should be moving smoothly.

What it is, I don't think they've been told the right information. They had some paperwork given to them on Aug 15, they didn't do anything with it, thinking they had until completion date (Dec 1) to complete it. Not realising that they needed to complete this paperwork to move things along. So even though we had plenty of time we're now getting to a critical point where we may run the risk of not selling prior to our house in France completing.

They were told about a week (or more) ago they had to get that sorted but we've not heard anything since. Even in this day and age it still takes way too much time to do 'searches' on property and that's the issue now. The longer they take to get the paperwork sorted the less chance we have in meeting the Dec 1 completion date we had planned and the date they were happy to move in.

They're renting so I'm assuming they'd like to be in prior to Christmas and all that nonsense.

I think I may have found the flaw in using online services. We used an online estate agent. They used an online lawyer (or conveyancing service) and I think this is part of the issue. Add in their inexperience and probably our online agent not following up we're now here. I've heard that people have had a few issues with online lawyers before as well.

So we'll see. So didn't need this stress.

Ahh that's so annoying. I'm sorry that they did this. I really hope that they get it sorted soon so things can go the way that they should.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb