WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think most people will be looking to get the iPhone X over the 8 and 8+ simply because they look like the 7. In reality, all Apple had to do was release the X and that would have been enough.

Oh well. Still, not a fan of the facial recognition.
Which makes it that much more appealing to criminals. You'd be surprised at how similar the networks are in moving illegal guns and stolen cellphones...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Ahh that's so annoying. I'm sorry that they did this. I really hope that they get it sorted soon so things can go the way that they should.

Well it's amazing how things change quickly in an hour...

The buyers sent the paper work to the wrong address! But they have now fixed that and things are ok.

Sigh... crazy times.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Well it's amazing how things change quickly in an hour...

The buyers sent the paper work to the wrong address! But they have now fixed that and things are ok.

Sigh... crazy times.

Wow, I wouldn't have expected that, but yay that all is good!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Which makes it that much more appealing to criminals. You'd be surprised at how similar the networks are in moving illegal guns and stolen cellphones...

I'm not surprised really. I have had some 'dubious' contacts in the past so I'm quite aware of how things happen. I won't go into detail.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I know that you all are tired of my phone rambles but I think I'm going to listen to 99 and just seek a Pixel again...for the third time.
Debating if I should seek one that can come fast like by tomorrow so I can have great concert shots (I know but this is one of my favorites so I want an awesome shot so badly) OR keep searching and have basic concert shots.

Decisions, decisions

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Thinking about it, I think I will just keep my eyes open for a solid refurbished Pixel deal and dual wield to the concert. I hate carrying 2 phones around but at least this way, one is bound to have a decent shot.
As for what phone is next, I don't know. Maybe a Pixel (even though I hate the lack of a mute mode/switch). I don't know if I want to do the battery case thing, which does get old after a while. I wish I had more options.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm not surprised really. I have had some 'dubious' contacts in the past so I'm quite aware of how things happen. I won't go into detail.
Smartphone move. Heaven knows if 99 finds out, he might crack under pressure and spill the beans...lol.

Jokes aside, a lot of people don't know how big the stolen cellphones thing is. This also includes phones that have bad IMEI numbers on carriers in the US that are GSM capable. Fascinating stuff on one level, really...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I've identified a few potential replacements for the V20. I'm a long ways away from purchasing anything though, so options may change.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So I've identified a few potential replacements for the V20. I'm a long ways away from purchasing anything though, so options may change.

Options are usually good to have though. I hope that they will work out better for you when it comes to battery life.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

iMore pointed out that Apple has stopped selling the Product Red iPhone. That sucks because that was the best color (imo).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do like the principle behind the Essential Phone. And if I was in my 99 hobby days, I would love to test out one. But, I don't love it that much to add to my list.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

iMore pointed out that Apple has stopped selling the Product Red iPhone. That sucks because that was the best color (imo).
They should have done red with a black screen the same way Google should have done the blue with a black screen.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thinking about it, I think I will just keep my eyes open for a solid refurbished Pixel deal and dual wield to the concert. I hate carrying 2 phones around but at least this way, one is bound to have a decent shot.
As for what phone is next, I don't know. Maybe a Pixel (even though I hate the lack of a mute mode/switch). I don't know if I want to do the battery case thing, which does get old after a while. I wish I had more options.

I charge my phone during the day. Even if it doesn't get to 100%, I don't care. There is always juice left throughout the rest of the day and night. Don't fret about the battery pack. I also happen to have absolutely garbage signal at work.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I do like the principle behind the Essential Phone. And if I was in my 99 hobby days, I would love to test out one. But, I don't love it that much to add to my list.

Camera is so so.
There is a big software snafu that they haven't fixed yet.
For all we know, they might end up where Nextbit Robin did.
I am steering clear from this device.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I charge my phone during the day. Even if it doesn't get to 100%, I don't care. There is always juice left throughout the rest of the day and night. Don't fret about the battery pack. I also happen to have absolutely garbage signal at work.

I'll try not to. The battery pack comment was more so for if I decided to give the 6S a try. From what you said about the Pixel on 8.0, I'm not as concerned about it.

I can picture you doing that though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's pretty twisted!
That's pretty normal, if you've seen the things I've seen in a few documentaries on moving stolen goods like that.

It depends on how deep the facial unlock is...remember, if they don't have the password reset active it is way to do the scenario I mentioned. If they did, it's now more of a pain in the rear.

Point is still the same - if I've thought of that, criminals have thought of it too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077