WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

For certain things I just pick up my MediaPad M3.
I refuse to try and accomplish those tasks on a smartphone.
I don't even install certain apps on the phone and those are only on the tablet for the same reason as well.
I also install certain apps on the phone but not on the tablet (and vice versa).

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm up early. I have a 5AM meeting at work. It's a kickoff for a supply chain leadership program. Let's see how that goes.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For the most part yes. I just don't think anyone is going to get their money's worth out of this phone.
I don't either. But, someone will buy it. It was interesting sitting in a training two days ago and during breaks this came up. Someone talked about just paying off their phone and being unwilling to get any of the newer ones. Cannot blame them, especially when the OS updates are solid.

Diminishing returns are alive and well.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I don't either. But, someone will buy it. It was interesting sitting in a training two days ago and during breaks this came up. Someone talked about just paying off their phone and being unwilling to get any of the newer ones. Cannot blame them, especially when the OS updates are solid.

I think most people are finding that even Android phones aren't slowing down that much after a year. My Pixel runs just as good as the day it arrived almost a year later.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The true[SUP]TM[/SUP] Apple fans here are drooling over the X.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think most people are finding that even Android phones aren't slowing down that much after a year. My Pixel runs just as good as the day it arrived almost a year later.
Agreed 200%. Both the Mi Note 2 and V20 run fine...even though the former is stuck on 6.0.1 currently and the later is running a US Cellular ROM from April. It's been getting closer to that point now where OEMs are having a hard time justifying upgrades.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of the Mi Note 2, there's the first updates to the global ROM on 7.0. I'll wait to see if I get the updates.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't know if I like the decisions that Apple has made. As much as I would love an updated iPhone SE, I have no idea how that would look like. By that, I mean based on silly little things they are doing now.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

So the training session was just an intro.
Starting Monday there will be assignments every day. This is a 12 week course taught by some big wigs in Cornell, Penn State and industry leaders.
Should be interesting but things just got busier than they already were.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Starting Monday there will be assignments every day. This is a 12 week course taught by some big wigs in Cornell, Penn State and industry leaders.

Wow that sounds like a lot going on for you.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Training sucks. I hope it goes well for you.

I'm stuck in boot camp at work for the next two weeks and still have to see patients in between. The ideal process is to do boot camp first and then start to see patients.

So guess who got hired and then thrown to the wolves first?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks to 99's wisdom, I decided to jump on a Google refurbished Pixel. I compromised in color but that's okay since the savings is enough to buy accessories. I'm looking forward to it, along with the concert. Hopefully it will be the first and last concert where I will be carrying 2 phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss