WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Thanks to 99's wisdom, I decided to jump on a Google refurbished Pixel. I compromised in color but that's okay since the savings is enough to buy accessories. I'm looking forward to it, along with the concert. Hopefully it will be the first and last concert where I will be carrying 2 phones.
I hope this works out...although I've got sneaking suspicion...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm having a ball listening to iPhone using colleagues in the training crapping on Apple because of how fragile the X looks and the removal of the headphone jack. Who knew, right? Lol.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I hope this works out...although I've got sneaking suspicion...

Thanks. I hope so too. Out of options. You know that you're out of options when you find yourself reconsidering exploring ones that you have tried before. My first Pixel was a star, but I was color struck to change it out...and have a sea of issues as a result.

I think the Pixel has been the only phone to make me even consider selling my SE. The XZ1 Compact is the ideal size but I fear waiting for a camera that isn't good at all in low light. The refreshed SE is still an idea that may or may not come to pass.

Phone research is exhausting. I just want one that will allow me to get my brain to chill out.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I'm having a ball listening to iPhone using colleagues in the training crapping on Apple because of how fragile the X looks and the removal of the headphone jack. Who knew, right? Lol.

Haha. So I guess they are all going to hold on to their 6s phones? Lucky for them, they can always get new ones. Where were they when the 7 came out to be talking about the sadness of no headphone jack? lol

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Haha. So I guess they are all going to hold on to their 6s phones? Lucky for them, they can always get new ones. Where were they when the 7 came out to be talking about the sadness of no headphone jack? lol
If I go by how the conversation sounded, they may have crapped on the 7 removing the headphone jack. The conversation started from one who is as admitted destroyer of phones talking about how she has to be careful. The work issues iPhone 6s come with the caveat that employees are on the hook for all repairs. It then moved from being able to wreck an iPhone accidentally while using an otterbox case to the comments about the new phones.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. I hope so too. Out of options. You know that you're out of options when you find yourself reconsidering exploring ones that you have tried before. My first Pixel was a star, but I was color struck to change it out...and have a sea of issues as a result.

I think the Pixel has been the only phone to make me even consider selling my SE. The XZ1 Compact is the ideal size but I fear waiting for a camera that isn't good at all in low light. The refreshed SE is still an idea that may or may not come to pass.

Phone research is exhausting. I just want one that will allow me to get my brain to chill out.
If you're the type to mess around with settings and such, you can be like some of us (especially Rue), then you can get away with a XZ1C. If you're the point and shoot with no effort type, stay with a Pixel.

Otherwise, you'll buy a XZ1C to try and get excited and then get sad when the cameras sucks in a situation you want and then you'll return it...(just my guess anyways).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For me, there are only a handful of cameras that are an improvement over the Mi Note 2/V20/950XL in my stable:

Pixel, G6, V30.

On this list, lesser still have great audio.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

If I go by how the conversation sounded, they may have crapped on the 7 removing the headphone jack. The conversation started from one who is as admitted destroyer of phones talking about how she has to be careful. The work issues iPhone 6s come with the caveat that employees are on the hook for all repairs. It then moved from being able to wreck an iPhone accidentally while using an otterbox case to the comments about the new phones.
That makes sense. I thought the folks mentioned their personal phones and thought it might've been they are on 2 year upgrade cycles, so they weren't ready to upgrade last year.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Christmas in July! I'm on the train with a dude using a black Lumia 950!

Guess these are still in the wild...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Laura, many of the girls in the training we're not only dual phone wielders, but we're using two iPhones. So the comments were from a personal and work sentiment.

I got gripes using one, much less carrying around two pieces of ifruit...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

If you're the type to mess around with settings and such, you can be like some of us (especially Rue), then you can get away with a XZ1C. If you're the point and shoot with no effort type, stay with a Pixel.

Otherwise, you'll buy a XZ1C to try and get excited and then get sad when the cameras sucks in a situation you want and then you'll return it...(just my guess anyways).

You got it. I'm a point and shoot type.

Funnily enough, exactly what you said is what I picture happening to me, even down to the return

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

For me, there are only a handful of cameras that are an improvement over the Mi Note 2/V20/950XL in my stable:

Pixel, G6, V30.

On this list, lesser still have great audio.

Ooh yeah that is true. The G6 seems to be good in its own right, but the V30 seems to be awesome.

You're in a hard place when it comes to that.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Laura, many of the girls in the training we're not only dual phone wielders, but we're using two iPhones. So the comments were from a personal and work sentiment.

I got gripes using one, much less carrying around two pieces of ifruit...

Wow I wonder how they don't mix up their phones especially ones with white fronts.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow I wonder how they don't mix up their phones especially ones with white fronts.
I dunno. Some have bigger iPhones, some have the exact same thing, some have with the black front. They make it work. I just hate having two phones from the same OEM...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Pixel would be my recommendation. It's a zero hassle camera.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Come October 4, it'll be interesting to see how good or bad the Pixel compares to the V30. Otherwise I am just gonna keep using my current Pixel.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Come October 4, it'll be interesting to see how good or bad the Pixel compares to the V30. Otherwise I am just gonna keep using my current Pixel.

Yeah it will be. It's still amazing to me that the (original) Pixel is still one of the best phone cameras at the moment. The V30 looks like an awesome phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo