WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So I'm sorry of narrowing in on the Sony ZX3 as a possible replacement for my phone.

I have to admit I don't like everything about it. But I like more about it than other phones.

It's sort of a comfort thing. Sort of the devil you know.

I'm a bit annoyed about the lack of 3.5mn but that's reality. I don't like the fingerprint placement.

I do like most everything else though. I used to Sony.

The Huawei P20 Pro did interest me but not sure I could get used to the launcher. I know I could change it but I dislike the idea of having to do that when buying a phone. I like changing launchers because I feel like it not because I have to.
Well, believe it or not, your struggle is a common one. Which is why it is hard to change brands for some people. But is also why in a lot of ways Android sucks. Great hardware options, but the software variance (Google included) can leave something to be desired.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't know how you have time to watch all those reviewers...
It's not hard for me lol, even though I'm a part-time student. I have must watch people (so I watch all of their stuff) and like MIA said, I don't watch everything for a lot of people. Fortunately, not all of my must watch people are always consistent (or upload a lot).

To be fair, I do a lot of watching at work by having it in my ear.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Some people are ****ting on the G8 because they are comparing it to both the XR and the S10e. It should be compared to the X/XS and the S10 instead.

Again, the brand hatred is annoying.
True about the brand hatred. It's not worth it for what is actually a good phone.
It kinda reminds me what happened with one of the HTC phones a year or so.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's not hard for me lol, even though I'm a part-time student. I have must watch people (so I watch all of their stuff) and like MIA said, I don't watch everything for a lot of people. Fortunately, not all of my must watch people are always consistent (or upload a lot).

This is why you hear people talk about consuming content on the go. Lots of people watch YouTube, movies, videos in . So things like battery life, speaker performance, display for that purpose is very important.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I tried to listen at work but I can't turn the screen off my phone otherwise the video stops. I don't have YouTube red or whatever it's called.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Well, believe it or not, your struggle is a common one. Which is why it is hard to change brands for some people. But is also why in a lot of ways Android sucks. Great hardware options, but the software variance (Google included) can leave something to be desired.
It's also the reason why people stick to Apple.

They don't have to think, it just works... Insert Apple fan words...

See my previous statements on change...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

It's also the reason why people stick to Apple.

They don't have to think, it just works... Insert Apple fan words...

See my previous statements on change...

This is true, but also Apple is super easy with the switching process from one iPhone to another. Now, as long as the other phone is on, you can use it to set up the other one in the exact same way with everything. No need to go back and change small things. When I say everything, I do mean every single detail.

Smart switch is pretty good on Samsung but Apple's way is the best with the ease and the amount of time it takes.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

This is true, but also Apple is super easy with the switching process from one iPhone to another. Now, as long as the other phone is on, you can use it to set up the other one in the exact same way with everything. No need to go back and change small things. When I say everything, I do mean every single detail.

Smart switch is pretty good on Samsung but Apple's way is the best with the ease and the amount of time it takes.

True dat. For chronic switchers like me (us), it makes life simpler.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Did anyone try to see the meteor shower last night? We stayed up for a bit (way past the kid's bedtime) and saw a couple of really nice ones streaking across the sky. Also saw the International Space Station go streaking by again.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Did anyone try to see the meteor shower last night? We stayed up for a bit (way past the kid's bedtime) and saw a couple of really nice ones streaking across the sky. Also saw the International Space Station go streaking by again.
I wasn't aware that there was a meteor shower, which is unfortunate, since I love seeing those phenomenas.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Can't recall who it was, but in the other thread ("your latest purchase") someone had nice stargazing telescope. I'm sure that would have come im handy.

Talking about fate, it's not so good for my kitten I rescued couple of months back... Triple infections including virus, blood parasite & protozoa... its 50/50 at the moment.. He's a strong and spirited cat. Hope he pulls through

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Can't recall who it was, but in the other thread ("your latest purchase") someone had nice stargazing telescope. I'm sure that would have come im handy.

Talking about fate, it's not so good for my kitten I rescued couple of months back... Triple infections including virus, blood parasite & protozoa... its 50/50 at the moment.. He's a strong and spirited cat. Hope he pulls through
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Mickey. I hope he will recover from his illnesses.

That was Guytronic who got the cool telescope. I would sure love to have it.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Mickey. I hope he will recover from his illnesses.

That was Guytronic who got the cool telescope. I would sure love to have it.

Thanks Laura

... And I'm off tonight, going back to Penang for a couple of weeks.. Visiting my mum, food, beaches, shopping, food, old school mates.. did I mention food??

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Laura

... And I'm off tonight, going back to Penang for a couple of weeks.. Visiting my mum, food, beaches, shopping, food, old school mates.. did I mention food??
Ooh! Enjoy your holiday. Please post pictures of the great food you enjoy.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So Google is releasing two new Pixels (sorry haven't been paying attention).

They don't appear to be a big step up from the current 3 and the names sort of suggest that.

It's a bit odd or am I missing something?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So Google is releasing two new Pixels (sorry haven't been paying attention).

They don't appear to be a big step up from the current 3 and the names sort of suggest that.

It's a bit odd or am I missing something?

I think you kinda are. They are releasing them to enter the midrange market, from my understanding. It's just meant to have the same great camera but make sacrifices in certain areas. Considering how quick they pull their older phones, I guess this was their best option.

I'm personally interested if the smaller model would be smaller than the S10e.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks Laura

You are going to make us hungry.
By the way, I got some fresh sambal from a Vietnamese place on Saturday and it was amazing (spicier than most chili pastes I have ever had but oh so tasty).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss