WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Lovely pictures!

How did you become a fan of Liverpool FC?
I didnt just become one.. kinda born into one. My father, his siblings and many relatives were fans/supporters in the 70s... Didnt have a choice. Haha!! ...Most of the kids in school then, either follows Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, Leeds etc.. what it is. Hahaha

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I didnt just become one.. kinda born into one. My father, his siblings and many relatives were fans/supporters in the 70s... Didnt have a choice. Haha!! ...Most of the kids in school then, either follows Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal, Leeds etc.. what it is. Hahaha
Ahh, OK.

That's like my friend in NYC who is a Mets fan, not a Yankees fan, because his father liked the Mets.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Ahh, OK.

That's like my friend in NYC who is a Mets fan, not a Yankees fan, because his father liked the Mets.
Your friend's situation is more akin to the Merseyside rivalry between Liverpool - Everton. Two huge clubs in a big city

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

So my mom heard the story about Best Buy cancelling all orders for the Galaxy Fold and after hearing the price, her response:
"$2000 is too much for a phone. That's the mortgage payment for 2 months of someone with a smaller house. Why would a phone be that much?"
I mentioned something about it having 2 screens with a bigger one on the inside and it being new tech. Her response was: "I wouldn't even pay $500 for a phone, that would be too much for me. What am going to do with a phone aside from WhatsApp and making calls? Even a phone $200 starts to get close to being expensive."

In my mind, I was amused because she clearly has NO idea how much the base is before we got to the Pixel 3a release. People do see values differently and I can't say that I disagree about the Fold price though...

Two grand barely covers the rent for a 1 bed apartment in Miami outside the Hood. But I agree it’s way too much for a phone.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Looking for some new ideas to write on. If anyone has suggestions, PM me. Thanks for those who have read and sent me suggestions so far.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Kinda looking forward to testing out the Mate 20 Pro. I brought my wireless charger with me, so normal charging habits will apply. It's an older hotel so I will be shooting some landscape shots. Cannot post any wedding stuff here though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So far, I've mixed feelings with the phone after a day of use. It feels better to use in the case. I miss the feel of tempered glass has it doesn't play nice with the fingerprint scanner. Battery life seems as expected.

I miss the workman vibe from the V35. Feel I have to baby the Mate 20 Pro even more so than the other devices I've used in the past. EMUI is still the same and as usual, I prefer MIUI instead.

I'll know more by Tuesday, but as usual, don't expect too much change from this first impression.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Two grand barely covers the rent for a 1 bed apartment in Miami outside the Hood. But I agree it’s way too much for a phone.
It's almost three grand in San Jose, CA. We're visiting a family member who is currently renting a 1 bedroom apartment for $3K per month. That's pretty steep.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Housing prices are crazy here in the US. It's very sad and hard.
True, the range is a lot.

It makes me understand another reason why people move in with their partners (without being married). Of course there's many reasons but the cost is another thing.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Housing prices are crazy here in the US. It's very sad and hard.
Are those apartment buildings you shot earlier expensive places to live? Where in NYC are they located?

A friend of mine said gentrification is why so many places are so pricey now. What nobody would've wanted to live in during the 70s/80s was bought and redeveloped, now is ridiculously priced.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

True, the range is a lot.

It makes me understand another reason why people move in with their partners (without being married). Of course there's many reasons but the cost is another thing.

Or get roommates. My cousin's daughter got a roommate whom she didn't even know previously, since she needed someone to share the rent.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Are those apartment buildings you shot earlier expensive places to live? Where in NYC are they located?

A friend of mine said gentrification is why so many places are so pricey now. What nobody would've wanted to live in during the 70s/80s was bought and redeveloped, now is ridiculously priced.
That's in Brooklyn, not too far from where the GF is. Those are older buildings, pre war Jewish buildings...now occupied by mostly minority folks. The rent is a little cheaper (not by a whole lot), but the upkeep by management is done on the cheaper side too, if you get my drift.

Gentrification is happening there too. There were a few houses on the gf's block that were renovated with new fixtures and thus, gentrifying tenants.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

That's in Brooklyn, not too far from where the GF is. Those are older buildings, pre war Jewish buildings...now occupied by mostly minority folks. The rent is a little cheaper (not by a whole lot), but the upkeep by management is done on the cheaper side too, if you get my drift.
That sucks that the management isn't very good. I'm sure the rent is astronomical compared to what I pay here in Cleveland in the city, not in the suburbs.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

It's almost three grand in San Jose, CA. We're visiting a family member who is currently renting a 1 bedroom apartment for $3K per month. That's pretty steep.
Thats crazy money!! The difference in the cost of living between US and here (Malaysia) is mind boggling.

My mum is living in a highrise condo (fairly new, 4 bedrooms 2,000 sq footer) for equiv of USD600, and its near the beach too. Its sunny all year round, food is plentiful & cheap, so are phones & IT equipment.. Come on over!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb