WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

This is why I advocate that people, especially brown people and women, know some kind of self defense. I don't claim to be an expert, but I can blow out a knee, break an ankle, or take out an eye if needed.

You should be free to go about your business uninterrupted, but with knuckleheads like this on the loose, one must be careful.
I can blow out a knee all by myself. After 5 surgeries including ACL & MCL, hold my beer. As for the ankles, in my youth I left some of those on the court. Tim Hardaway stole from me!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I can blow out a knee all by myself. After 5 surgeries including ACL & MCL, hold my beer. As for the ankles, in my youth I left some of those on the court. Tim Hardaway stole from me!
I see they haven't stolen your humor. We'll all go the hell in a hand basket if that ever happens.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I'm being lazy and I'm staying with the Mate 20 Pro for the rest of the week. Partly because I got a friend to do a lunch date with on Saturday.

I still want to pair a Q Explorist HR with it eventually. Audio for music sucks but that's OK. Looking forward to really pushing the camera over the summer.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

These days work is an incredible exercise in fitting a square peg into a round hole.

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

My working days are behind me.. It's not easy helping out in the fruit orchard either. It's full-on sweat & elbow grease. None of that technology malacky!!
Pick up that secateur, or that machete and get swinging under the blistering hot sun..

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's unfortunate. The attacker sounds like one of those disgruntled blue collar workers getting washed away in the changing global economy.

He may have a story similar to this guy (parts of it, anyways):

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/27/...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

I ranted about this recently too:

https://rumbaradvice.wordpress.com/2019/05/28/the-political-insanity-of-patriarchy/

To me, it's this complicated sentiment that breed ground rife for the skin-head stuff to re-emerge under that guise of neo-nationalism that is worrisome.

Manufacturing jobs have been in decline since before the computer came out. To give a time reference. As automation continues soon there will be only maintenance jobs left. Until they figure out how to get rid of those too.

To give some perspective.

I was working on a 40 billion dollar oil and gas plant. It's completely automated. Unmaned except for twice or three times a day check ups by maintenance staff.

A plant like this in the past would've had hundreds of people working at it.

This is reality. Do I like this reality? Not really. I've yet to see how they will sort out an economy reliant on consumerism when no one can buy anything. I know were not quite there yet but it's heading that way. Rich people can only buy so much...

Of course the idea that we need to buy 'stuff' to keep the economy moving is part of the overall problem here. We no longer have a real tangible economy and I think that's part of the problem. A service only economy doesn't really work.

I'm not a fan of regressive thinking but the future has to be seen differently than it is now. Work needs to change and our materialism needs to be slowed to a trickle.

Unfortunately the rich people don't like those thoughts as it's money out of their pockets but what other choices or power do we as individuals have? The world cannot keep going 'as is' and manufacturing jobs are not sustainable anywhere.

Our world is a mess, the population is too big and the US populace has to stop living large because that's unsustainable. Of course it's all very complicated and doesn't help the traditional 'blue collar' worker or any worker that is under threat of automation or cheap labour. That's why I said things need to change. Change isn't easy and we as humans have gotten really really lazy.

We need a new economic model and new training to provide a decent life for the many and not just the few. That is our only hope but I don' think this will happen any time soon. Sorry to be pessimistic.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

My working days are behind me.. It's not easy helping out in the fruit orchard either. It's full-on sweat & elbow grease. None of that technology malacky!!
Pick up that secateur, or that machete and get swinging under the blistering hot sun..

I hear ya brutha. I was a grease monkey in my teens and was foolish enough to think being a plumber would be better. Laying pipe in the South Florida heat is definitely for the young. I’m glad I’m not in either of those rackets now. I get to wear dress slacks and a white shirt now but the sins of my youth still dog me every day. Thank God for drugs (prescription).

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I hear ya brutha. I was a grease monkey in my teens and was foolish enough to think being a plumber would be better. Laying pipe in the South Florida heat is definitely for the young. I’m glad I’m not in either of those rackets now. I get to wear dress slacks and a white shirt now but the sins of my youth still dog me every day. Thank God for drugs (prescription).
I too bare the wounds of my working youth.

Hearing problems, scars, weak knees (no ops yet), two compressed discs in my neck, etc.

I worked in places with no air conditioning for years. Heavy, noisy work.

I'm glad I left that many years ago now and though I work in an office I can happily wear what I want. Got to love France

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yes, those are cool.
Randomly walked into them. They were out as the town we were in for the wedding had a memorial day parade about to start. There were three more behind them on top of the hill I wasn't able to take pictures of.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Ramdnomlt walked into them. They were out as the town we were in for the wedding had a memorial day parade about to start. There were three more behind them on top of the hill I wasn't able to take pictures of.
That was a nice surprise. The pictures look great too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm working through a cluster**** at work that is grinding my gears. Very disheartening, but I shall soldier on.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I was gonna ask if FL allows for la tarjeta de marihuana medicinal, but I remember Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis are elected officials there...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I was gonna ask if FL allows for la tarjeta de marihuana medicinal, but I remember Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis are elected officials there...

Well, the measure passed by more than 60% this past November. Of course the Florida Chapter of the American Tal!ban is up to its usual shenanigans in ignoring the will of the people. They’re trying to make the requirements so ridiculous that it would be almost impossible to get.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well, the measure passed by more than 60% this past November. Of course the Florida Chapter of the American Tal!ban is up to its usual shenanigans in ignoring the will of the people. They’re trying to make the requirements so ridiculous that it would be almost impossible to get.
In other words... No.

Flori-duh. Gotta love it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'd say some days I wonder who Rick Scott works for but I forget with his cluster**** nature he's as American as a Baby Boomer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos