WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Nope, I'm Windows all the way lol.

You totally have more music than me, I'm sure of it. When I started college to probably 2014ish, I bought albums and singles from iTunes. The iPod touch would be just fine for me with base storage.

I tried and I can't unfortunately. It's basically App store/in purchase credit. Funnily enough, having the touch is amusing but that would probably be the cheapest thing to do. Now I'm actually thinking about this but I don't know. I need to find out when itunes will stop working.

Edit: https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/what-apples-itunes-shutdown-means-for-music-fans/

Just found that and I guess this is slightly reassuring but not at the same time.
Better hold onto those versions of iTunes on Windows. I used to do that, and uninstalled headache versions at the drop of a hat. Lol.

Well, they didn't fully kill it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do like the battery on the Mate 20 Pro. Being battery anxiety free is a nice thing. While I'm adjusting to using it daily, as soon as my headphones and tempered glass show up, it's back to the V35.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thank you, I hope you're right. I'm sure that you are, but I'll like for that to come to pass. Having it kinda revealed to me does make me feel better that I am in the right place at least with being able to do it. Hopefully this will result in better relationships for me. (I mean mainly in the platonic sense, but I guess this could also affect things romantically as well)

Have you ever had something that you learned/realized and no matter what, you can't shake it? That's totally how this feels.
Yes. We can call it "baggage". Got a few posts on "baggage" you know where.

I put it in quotes because baggage can be seen as a negative or things that can be effectively managed to minimize its impact. Had a conversation recently with a friend of mine about that. She was quick to talk about how much I didn't have to carry around some of the "baggage" I had. I laughed as it's not "baggage" as I've made peace with it and know how it's impacting my walk through the life course.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Better hold onto those versions of iTunes on Windows. I used to do that, and uninstalled headache versions at the drop of a hat. Lol.

Well, they didn't fully kill it.

I will. Funny enough, I just installed it the other day actually.

It's true but since I know that this is how they are, I would rather just blow through my credit and be done with it altogether. I just need at least 10 more movies to rent and/or music to buy so that I can be. This sounds silly I know but I have like $80 something in credit that I can't share or use to gift so eh.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I will. Funny enough, I just installed it the other day actually.

It's true but since I know that this is how they are, I would rather just blow through my credit and be done with it altogether. I just need at least 10 more movies to rent and/or music to buy so that I can be. This sounds silly I know but I have like $80 something in credit that I can't share or use to gift so eh.
Only $80? I though you were talking some 99 type credit...

Still, don't let that get wasted. Apple doesn't need any freebies from you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

As long as you are comfortable with managing everything manually, being platform agnostic can work.

All these companies to me are about the same. It feels like picking between various shades of the same color.

True, you are right about that. For me, I'm lazy and I do the cloud way. I choose not to use Apple Music or YouTube Music for that reason. Spotify is available everywhere on every platform. I prefer to use services and things that aren't locked in.

I know that you manage your music manually, so I understand your viewpoint on this.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Only $80? I though you were talking some 99 type credit...

Still, don't let that get wasted. Apple doesn't need any freebies from you.

Haha, it was near $100 a few days ago. I'm just a good saver so I hold tightly if I'm not sure what to spend it on. For credit locked into an app, it seems like a lot to me.

I don't even want to know what 99's situation could look like lol. Mhmm, I plan to make use of it for sure.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I do like the battery on the Mate 20 Pro. Being battery anxiety free is a nice thing. While I'm adjusting to using it daily, as soon as my headphones and tempered glass show up, it's back to the V35.

That sounds great to not have to deal with that but I figured that you probably miss the music experience with the V35. It's silly that we have to choose.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That sounds great to not have to deal with that but I figured that you probably miss the music experience with the V35. It's silly that we have to choose.
Miss the music and the "smaller" form factor. Plus, while I respect how Huawei transitions you between lenses in their camera app, I like the LG toggles better.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Yes. We can call it "baggage". Got a few posts on "baggage" you know where.

I put it in quotes because baggage can be seen as a negative or things that can be effectively managed to minimize its impact. Had a conversation recently with a friend of mine about that. She was quick to talk about how much I didn't have to carry around some of the "baggage" I had. I laughed as it's not "baggage" as I've made peace with it and know how it's impacting my walk through the life course.

That's a great way to look at it and also to handle this as well. I'm pretty sure that I have read some of the posts.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Damn!! The strap on my fitbit charge 2 broke this morning. Now I got a funny pale band of skin around my wrist where band use to be.

Never thought I would have connection issues with the Nokia8.1, it just won't pair with Charge2. Never had problem pairing it with the 950XL before.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Damn!! The strap on my fitbit charge 2 broke this morning. Now I got a funny pale band of skin around my wrist where band use to be.

Never thought I would have connection issues with the Nokia8.1, it just won't pair with Charge2. Never had problem pairing it with the 950XL before.
I wear my Alta HR all the time and use multiple straps to avoid this issue.

I don't keep mine constantly synced to all my phones as I don't use the thing for notifications. Some of these devices don't play as nicely with Fitbits sometimes.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's a great way to look at it and also to handle this as well. I'm pretty sure that I have read some of the posts.
Again, it's a matter of perception. My friend views it as a negative of me holding onto things. I view it as putting things in its "proper place" for me, which one has to show a certain level of insight to be able to do. Just interesting how the different takes can be.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

May be worth a re read. Did you end up reading everything there?

If you did, I tip my hat to you.

I think so too, I have some digging to do.

Haha, yes I did. I think one time when you shared it here and it was new to me, I took a couple of days to read back all the way to the start. Sometimes I fall behind, but I do always aim to catch up as you have some interesting posts and you share viewpoints that I don't really think of from your various perspectives. Speaking of, I might have an idea/suggestion/question for you. I'll message you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Again, it's a matter of perception. My friend views it as a negative of me holding onto things. I view it as putting things in its "proper place" for me, which one has to show a certain level of insight to be able to do. Just interesting how the different takes can be.

True, that is interesting how different your point and your friend's point is on this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

True, that is interesting how different your point and your friend's point is on this.
Some of these differences are due to experience, expectations, values, and a few other things. Lots of factors shape people's outlooks on things like these.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So yesterday I tried to use the repair tool from Sony only for it not to work. Not sure if that had anything to do with my computer or the Sony software or my phone.

So instead I did a reset. I'm still setting things up.

I had this thought that maybe something on my phone was causing the battery drain. It could have been several things so I thought the best way to handle it is to start fresh.

I'll see how it goes. I'm keeping apps to the minimum that I use. I'm not a huge app user anyway.

It's just been crazy how quickly my battery drained even with Sony Stamina mode on.

Yes I'm still thinking about a new phone. Most likely to be the XZ3 I guess. Just waiting for a bit more of a drop in price. Phones are expensive here.

Before anyone points to used or otherwise, I'm buying the phone through my company so I need a proper invoice.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So yesterday I tried to use the repair tool from Sony only for it not to work. Not sure if that had anything to do with my computer or the Sony software or my phone.

I had this thought that maybe something on my phone was causing the battery drain. It could have been several things so I thought the best way to handle it is to start fresh.

I'll see how it goes. I'm keeping apps to the minimum that I use. I'm not a huge app user anyway.

It's just been crazy how quickly my battery drained even with Sony Stamina mode on.

Yes I'm still thinking about a new phone. Most likely to be the XZ3 I guess. Just waiting for a bit more of a drop in price. Phones are expensive here.

Before anyone points to used or otherwise, I'm buying the phone through my company so I need a proper invoice.
Mentioning to you a pre owned phone is as effective as asking Mr. Clue to invite Tio Trump over for brunch or asking Tio Trump to not insult people on Twitter.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

And here I wanted you to stun the thread by ordering a Red Magic 3. What a shame (heavy sarcasm alert).

Have you seen the initial impressions of the X 1?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte