WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Mentioning to you a pre owned phone is as effective as asking Mr. Clue to invite Tio Trump over for brunch or asking Tio Trump to not insult people on Twitter.

I did consider a pre owned phone actually but they don't do VAT (Value Added Tax) invoices for them. So that doesn't work for me unfortunately.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And here I wanted you to stun the thread by ordering a Red Magic 3. What a shame (heavy sarcasm alert).

Have you seen the initial impressions of the X 1?

I haven't looked at the new videos yet but I won't buy the X1 anyway. Too expensive and a first gen phone (sort of).

If anything (if I had the extra cash or maybe used) I'd buy the X10 just to try out the size.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Mentioning to you a pre owned phone is as effective as asking Mr. Clue to invite Tio Trump over for brunch or asking Tio Trump to not insult people on Twitter.

Me inviting mushroom head for brunch? You gotta better chance of getting pregnant by the tooth fairy.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I haven't looked at the new videos yet but I won't buy the X1 anyway. Too expensive and a first gen phone (sort of).

If anything (if I had the extra cash or maybe used) I'd buy the X10 just to try out the size.

So I watched some videos relating to the X1. Overall it seems like a nice phone but apparently the camera though good still seems to be behind the other OEMs which is a bit shocking considering the tech in there.

Of course I don't fully believe reviewers are the best to comment on cameras anyway but I know it's about how easy it is to get the picture you want.

But like I said. Too expensive and maybe I'll consider it in the future or the X2 if they come out with that.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I have a crude comment that will be left unsaid to stay out of Laura's doghouse.

Needless to say, these tech influencers need to get a clue.
I completely understand what you've implied, and I agree. I can't say it either, else I'd have to ban myself.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In relation to the Mac Pro. It is a professional machine aimed at people with too much money to burn. It's not for the average Apple user. Their computers have always been overpriced. You're buying the Apple brand stuff.

I think the stand is a bit much though. That's almost insulting regardless how well it's designed. But keeping in mind the target audience for these things... I doubt they'll get many buyers for it unless you're loaded and it has to be Apple everything. It's VESA monitor after all, you can buy stands that do that for 1/20th the price.

What I do find amusing is how much the Mac Pro looks even more like a cheese grater...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I watched some videos relating to the X1. Overall it seems like a nice phone but apparently the camera though good still seems to be behind the other OEMs which is a bit shocking considering the tech in there.

Of course I don't fully believe reviewers are the best to comment on cameras anyway but I know it's about how easy it is to get the picture you want.

But like I said. Too expensive and maybe I'll consider it in the future or the X2 if they come out with that.
Rumor mill has the X 2 being a smaller X 1 in the fall. I just wished Sony had a better launch strategy.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Rumor mill has the X 2 being a smaller X 1 in the fall. I just wished Sony had a better launch strategy.

Yeah I read that. But I also read it still may be called the X1. Apparently the X1 is the Premium replacement and this other phone is the official XZ3 replacement.

Don't really know for sure though. In any case it's messy. Typical Sony....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

For those who may have missed the UK protests of 45 here's some links to the more humourous side of things. I'd post the photos but some have bad language.

https://www.boredpanda.com/donald-t...oogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-uk-visit-protests-baby-blimp-london-funny-signs-8943271
The UK alliance has been a slam dunk, especially since the great war days. Every US president has gone to the UK early in their election to shore up ties.

This dude threw up all over something THAT easy by ticking off PM May and the London mayor from the outset. If he didn't have to come to the UK, he wouldn't have.

Don't blame the protests, but to him, it's just white noise.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I read that. But I also read it still may be called the X1. Apparently the X1 is the Premium replacement and this other phone is the official XZ3 replacement.

Don't really know for sure though. In any case it's messy. Typical Sony....
Which I don't mind, but launch the Premium model in April (not announce in Feb and launch in July) and the regular sized one in September.

Messy is the only thing that Sony seems to know.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In relation to the Mac Pro. It is a professional machine aimed at people with too much money to burn. It's not for the average Apple user. Their computers have always been overpriced. You're buying the Apple brand stuff.

I think the stand is a bit much though. That's almost insulting regardless how well it's designed. But keeping in mind the target audience for these things... I doubt they'll get many buyers for it unless you're loaded and it has to be Apple everything. It's VESA monitor after all, you can buy stands that do that for 1/20th the price.

What I do find amusing is how much the Mac Pro looks even more like a cheese grater...
It's Apple being Apple...that uber exclusive stuff. I'll stay in my lane as this isn't for me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The UK alliance has been a slam dunk, especially since the great war days. Every US president has gone to the UK early in their election to shore up ties.

This dude threw up all over something THAT easy by ticking off PM May and the London mayor from the outset. If he didn't have to come to the UK, he wouldn't have.

Don't blame the protests, but to him, it's just white noise.

May is the one who invited him for this state visit.

She wasn't supposed to be stepping down from being PM though and Brexit wasn't supposed to be extended to October... It was supposed to be the beginning of the new improved 'special relationship' between the UK and the USA as the UK 'throws off the shackles of the EU'... only to be hog tied and screwed by everyone else of course... especially by the USA.

According to baby 45 there were no protests and there were tonnes of supporters.

Evidence says otherwise.

Supporters (those are likely tourists in one of the pics) There's typically more tourists in this area than there were when he was driving through. The roads weren't blocked for people.
FB_IMG_1559738215597.jpg

FB_IMG_1559738221028.jpg

Protesters (that 45 on the toilet spoke too)
protest.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's Apple being Apple...that uber exclusive stuff. I'll stay in my lane as this isn't for me.

Yeah I know. I have zero need for anything like a Mac Pro. I also don't need an Apple laptop.

If I wanted a decent powerful rig I'd build one for about a 1/10th of the price easily. The new AMD processors are both powerful and cheap.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Travel freeze has thawed a bit. So I am going to Puerto Rico next week. Hopefully I will get some sightseeing done next Thursday in old town San Juan.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12