WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I like the new wireless headphones. The sound signature is very good. The fit is decent and I prefer on ear to let in ambient sound.

Here are the issues:

1) you have to take the hooks off to fit them in the charging case. This will wear the hooks out and add another level of inconvenience for use as they are gonna slide out my ears.

2) the white is glossy as F. Really wish I'd gotten the black with the blue trim.

If I wanted the best fit, I would have gotten the E12, which has the in ear style. The reason why I didn't get that one is that its sound signature is for that model is more bass heavy. Since I listen to all sorts of stuff, I preferred to have a more versatile sound signature at the expense of a better fit.

We'll see how this goes. It's just as loud on the Mate 20 Pro as it is on the V35. I would be curious to pair this with a XZ3 for that more granular type control and better codec support.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like the new wireless headphones. The sound signature is very good. The fit is decent and I prefer on ear to let in ambient sound.

Here are the issues:

1) you have to take the hooks off to fit them in the charging case. This will wear the hooks out and add another level of inconvenience for use as they are gonna slide out my ears.

2) the white is glossy as F. Really wish I'd gotten the black with the blue trim.

If I wanted the best fit, I would have gotten the E12, which has the in ear style. The reason why I didn't get that one is that its sound signature is for that model is more bass heavy. Since I listen to all sorts of stuff, I preferred to have a more versatile sound signature at the expense of a better fit.

We'll see how this goes. It's just as loud on the Mate 20 Pro as it is on the V35. I would be curious to pair this with a XZ3 for that more granular type control and better codec support.
The ear hooks do make a different for fit. It just sucks I have to use them. The volume though is right where I need it to be though. It reminds of the first time I used the DAC in the V20 - my ears took notice.

We will see how they work for a whole week, but I'm impressed so far. I also didn't want the E12 because I still have my Jam Ultras, which are quite bass heavy (but don't sound as clean) and in ear.

It's a solid addition that will get some usage for sure.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Chateau
2c671319422cebd1fac3dd9fc8fc6574.jpg

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

I like the dynamic range and colours of the gcam but it's let down by the N8.1 small sensor.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

There is a small pond in the farm, we have not clear it years. Now there are several types of Pitcher plants (nephentes) thriving...
ca8513b10a028b1c94eefd2c8e9a8c1e.jpg
ba5dfed12ac0c95f22fadcfb1cdd4665.jpg
e34d91206954f310aa66000855b5e46d.jpg
d73d264f348cf705689915f8d6c2c539.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I should point out that I've been shooting in auto mode in tricky conditions. Also I'm using a 4:3 mode at the max resolution most of the time.

I've been trying not to edit the photos but I need to. I'm doing my best to not over edit. It's easy to get carried away.

Needless to say I'm still getting used to the camera.

So here's some more.
7b6075c26393583a47a9f54e37ae948e.jpg
c532b587ac15ff743f6754b243747c6b.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

One more. They have a horse show at the chateau and they warm up before the show out the back (entrance) of the chateau.
f8784f446fbbcefb739642ae68bb0831.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's interesting what's going on with the Pixel 3. It's holding its value in a strong way for a phone that didn't sell much. The issue is that the market is flooded with 64GB models. I kinda would be interested in a Pixel 3 on the cheap but only the 128GB model.

I don't think it's a bad phone. In fact, if they had gone to this design for the Pixel 2, people wouldn't have complained as much.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I got a second set of tools. Gonna try to see if these have the y tips I need to get into the Gear Sport. I think that at this point, the Gear Sport is a slightly better daily fit for me. I may get a S3 Classic to pair with the Mate 20 Pro.

I still plan to keep my Wear watches, though. I want to pair one Wear and one Gear to my two primary devices. I like my OG Huawei Watch as they got the styling right - big screen, thin bezels in a small body. I love the Falster's minimalistic and subtle but very versatile design (if I didn't like the design for the Q Explorist so much, I would have eaten costs to upgrade to the Falster 2). I love the fact that I don't have to me kind to the Watch 2 if I want to go work out - I did the City Challenge last summary and while my Fitbit Alta still bears the scars of the event, my Watch 2 looks great.

I just think that Wear OS got to a point where design wise, there are some really nice choices. The SoC situation is just garbage right now. How I would kill for a chip on the 10nm process for better battery life.

Also, the tiles idea is good, BUT Google has to be careful for some redundancies. You should be allowed to remove the assistant page to the left to give more access to tiles that way. I also think there should be a cap of 4 tiles on each side to minimize the scrolling overload - something I dislike with the Tizen setup. Also, they really needed to develop that assistant pane. I'd love to see voice assistant integration to tile level tasks. The chip isn't efficient enough and the OS still needs to move you around in less steps.

There is stuff here but I feel it'll die on the vine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs