WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

One more. They have a horse show at the chateau and they warm up before the show out the back (entrance) of the chateau.
f8784f446fbbcefb739642ae68bb0831.jpg
That's really cool. I'd like to visit the chateau.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's horrible this hasn't been taken care of all these years. Housing court appears completely useless!
While I appreciate your righteous indignation, I posted here to show that...these are the types of clients I work with. I've gone to housing court with and for clients. It's a very eye opening experience.

If it makes you feel any better (or worse based on perspective), at least it appears she's not in a public housing (NYCHA) apartment. When the repairs go awry in their buildings, it's WAY worse than this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So the second set of tools are a bust. I'm wondering if I should just eat the cost and get another gear sport. I don't want to, but I don't want to ruin the screws further. I need to sleep on this.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

While I appreciate your righteous indignation, I posted here to show that...these are the types of clients I work with. I've gone to housing court with and for clients. It's a very eye opening experience.

If it makes you feel any better (or worse based on perspective), at least it appears she's not in a public housing (NYCHA) apartment. When the repairs go awry in their buildings, it's WAY worse than this.
Wow! That's really horrible that private landlords are able to get away with that crap. I know public housing sucks everywhere, but I had no idea how bad private landlords could be and get away with it.

That has to be very hard for you trying to help your clients but getting nowhere due to the court system's inadequacies.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Are these rent controlled apartments? The reason I ask is because I know a lot of shady and illegal doings have gone on in order to force out tenants, and then sell the buildings to guys like Jared Kushner who renovate the property and raise the rents so that only rich people can afford to live there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Wow! That's really horrible that private landlords are able to get away with that crap. I know public housing sucks everywhere, but I had no idea how bad private landlords could be and get away with it.

That has to be very hard for you trying to help your clients but getting nowhere due to the court system's inadequacies.
Like many others, I fight the fight with the clients the best way I can, Laura.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90344799/these-are-nycs-worst-landlords

Yes, there is a list. For more fun, look at the evictions list embedded in the article and tell me if you keep seeing any common landlotds between both.

Here's the thing, it cuts both ways when you have garbage tenants and slum landlords.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/17/...Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage#commentsContainer

NYS just passed rent reforms, leaning more in the direction of tenants. One of my colleague is a uber small landlord - two apartments. She's got both tenants who are problems, destroying properties and costing thousands of dollars in repairs. Of course, one has been delinquent in rent for about 8 months and she's taken him to housing court.

A very complex issue, to say the least.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Are these rent controlled apartments? The reason I ask is because I know a lot of shady and illegal doings have gone on in order to force out tenants, and then sell the buildings to guys like Jared Kushner who renovate the property and raise the rents so that only rich people can afford to live there.
NYCHA apartments are rent controlled, public housing units. NYCHA is one of, if not the largest landlords...in the country. Because it's a government agency, things get done at at snail's pace - except for when they want to take clients to court for nonpayment of rent.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So so glad that I was able to go to this event this whole weekend. I feel so tired but it was worth it.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

So I did manage to rest a bit this weekend but looks like I now have a bad back because I overdid it helping out my parents by cutting their hedge. Wonderful.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Summer decided to arrive this week in a very big way!

After all the cool and cold weather this is going to be a shock to the system.
e694af37035f607c7e5a7419da242878.jpg

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

And now I have hiccups.

I really hate hiccups. I have my method for getting rid of them but it's a bit hard to describe.

There's a guy in the Guinness World Records (I believe) who had hiccups for most of his adult life. Can't imagine that....

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

Here I am eating a bagel and apparently that's enough to shock my diaphragm into spasm. Wonderful. I really like how this week is turning out already.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Here I am eating a bagel and apparently that's enough to shock my diaphragm into spasm. Wonderful. I really like how this week is turning out already.

Sounds like you're having a great day....

I've found it hard to find a good bagel since I left Canada...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077