WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Yay! I was looking forward to this. So far, it sounds like it is workable for you. Hopefully it will continue to be. Thank you for sharing!

Let us know it goes with Open Camera. That was more of an option for me when I had the XZ2C.
That'll be his best bet as the G cam port situation is all over the place for Sony phones.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

These ear hooks aren't that great for extended usage. I think the new earbuds work best for short bursts. Sound is still good - it supports the DTS surround on the V35, so that's a nice touch. Even with that turned off, I like the sound.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nice review. Thanks for the in depth information about the camera app especially.

I'm curious to learn how the Open Camera app compares to the stock camera app.

I haven't taken any shots yet but it appears to let me take RAW so that's a good start.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I would kill for that ultra-low humidity.

I don't miss high humidity at all. It's draining.

Thing to keep in mind here is that Paris and in general in France there's very few people with A/C and these temperatures are not typical for this area. The heat and humidity will just linger and be stifling.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That'll be his best bet as the G cam port situation is all over the place for Sony phones.

I know I wasn't able to capture RAW with Open Camera on my XZ. It's possible that this latest version of the OS will make the GCam port possible since it allows access to the Camera2 API.

I'd like to try a GCam port but I'll wait a little longer to see if there's success on the Xperia 1.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Lastly, I found a setting Display Size. This allows for increase size of elements. This includes the camera app so now I can actually see the lens switching point.

I still think it should be somewhere else on the screen. Yeah it's convenient for switching but a pain when you miss.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Another day in paradise. Looks like Mr. Clue is in a giving mood and sent me some more 305 weather. And here I thought I told him I had enough of that last week...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Another day in paradise. Looks like Mr. Clue is in a giving mood and sent me some more 305 weather. And here I thought I told him I had enough of that last week...

The difference is that when we have historically high temps in June, hurricanes are just around the bend. The centers of high pressure that cook us move off to the north and east and they leave a yuuuge welcome mat for the August and September storms.

Y’all don’t get that. Sandy notwithstanding.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The difference is that when we have historically high temps in June, hurricanes are just around the bend. The centers of high pressure that cook us move off to the north and east and they leave a yuuuge welcome mat for the August and September storms.

Thanks to climate change extreme weather events are more common regardless and everywhere.

We get flooding and pretty nasty storms with damaging high winds.

Sure no hurricanes/cyclones but I think that's sufficient damage.

Soon there will be several million climate refugees in the next few years. Love to know how that's going to be handled...

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Thanks to climate change extreme weather events are more common regardless and everywhere.

We get flooding and pretty nasty storms with damaging high winds.

Sure no hurricanes/cyclones but I think that's sufficient damage.

Soon there will be several million climate refugees in the next few years. Love to know how that's going to be handled...
Over here we got over the prolong dry months (courtesy of el nino). Agriculture loss due to low rainfall is real. One is the thing we do in wife's fruit farm is carry out flowering & fruit setting census for the durian trees (yeah, those thorny stinky things!!). The fruit setting was quite couraging and expected a bumper crop, but the hot dry spell resulted in very much lower yields.
The weather is back to normality, mid 30s Celsius, humid and muggy. Heavy storms are back...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

As a very seasoned hurricane vet, Sandy doesn't count. Your point is well taken.

This weather overall is just crazy. I always find it interesting that the people who fight climate change do so vociferously can do so comfortably knowing they will be dead an gone before seeing any of the serious effects.

Life in 'Murica. Ain't it grand?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Over here we got over the prolong dry months (courtesy of el nino). Agriculture loss due to low rainfall is real. One is the thing we do in wife's fruit farm is carry out flowering & fruit setting census for the durian trees (yeah, those thorny stinky things!!). The fruit setting was quite couraging and expected a bumper crop, but the hot dry spell resulted in very much lower yields.
The weather is back to normality, mid 30s Celsius, humid and muggy. Heavy storms are back...
Here we had a long stretch of cold weather and rain. It's affected the crops but mostly grape vines. So bad year for wine apparently but we'll see. I've heard some people say this happens frequently that the farmers complain then everything is fine. So who knows.

But now we're in a heat wave. For Europe that is. I know some won't see it that way.

The weather is a mess.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

As a very seasoned hurricane vet, Sandy doesn't count. Your point is well taken.

This weather overall is just crazy. I always find it interesting that the people who fight climate change do so vociferously can do so comfortably knowing they will be dead an gone before seeing any of the serious effects.

Life in 'Murica. Ain't it grand?
The only people against the science of climate change are those with an agenda. Usually tired to lots of money. That includes the 2% of scientists...

Anyone else is just plain ignorant and either doesn't understand the science, which isn't hard really, or just doesn't care because jobs...

We're too glued to the idea of 'easy money'. Not realising that all these large polluting companies are given millions of dollars each year by governments for said jobs.

I guess the future didn't mean as much to some people as it does to others.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The only people against the science of climate change are those with an agenda. Usually tired to lots of money. That includes the 2% of scientists...

Anyone else is just plain ignorant and either doesn't understand the science, which isn't hard really, or just doesn't care because jobs...

We're too glued to the idea of 'easy money'. Not realising that all these large polluting companies are given millions of dollars each year by governments for said jobs.

I guess the future didn't mean as much to some people as it does to others.
I just find it interesting that the most looney views have come from people who are in power and have access to privilege.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Here we had a long stretch of cold weather and rain. It's affected the crops but mostly grape vines. So bad year for wine apparently but we'll see. I've heard some people say this happens frequently that the farmers complain then everything is fine. So who knows.

But now we're in a heat wave. For Europe that is. I know some won't see it that way.

The weather is a mess.
We've had excessive rain last month and this month as well. It also has been unseasonably cool for the past two months.

We'll see what July is like.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I just find it interesting that the most looney views have come from people who are in power and have access to privilege.

It's because they believe that having money will somehow protect them and their families from pretty much anything.

Also being privileged doesn't make you smart or better than anyone else just means you have money and are white, typically.

Lastly, some of these people purposely use their 'loony' views to attract people for the sole purpose of taking those people's money. They know these people are vulnerable. It's like a cult really.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Now you know I'm not the greatest fan of sports and most importantly of athletes in those sports. Some are better than others.

Here in Europe the biggest stars are those of football - soccer. Typically paid ridiculous amounts of money for simply kicking a ball around and running.

They are a privileged lot regardless of skin colour or background when they get to the higher levels.

That's why stories like this **** me off to no end.

Not my favourite news site - https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9373780/manchester-city-riyad-mahrez-failed-pay-nanny/

I'm a little appalled by the hourly wage let alone anything else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb