WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

In other news.

My cat had a bit of a tummy problem in relation to something she ate probably.

She wasn't eating so we took her to the vet.

She's fine and is finally eating normally again (in general, she's being fussy... cats, sigh)

She lost a bit of weight but she looks like she's finally over whatever it was that upset her system so much.

Had to give her some meds and she got an injection and blood tests at the vet.

She's really good at the vets.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Other thing I should mention is that I tried a GCam port that supposedly worked for the Xperia 1 and it didn't. So I'll be waiting.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

We've had excessive rain last month and this month as well. It also has been unseasonably cool for the past two months.

We'll see what July is like.

Has to get better in early July. Can't hinder the Baseball All star Game. What would the deplorables do for entertainment?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I learned a fun fact that the Gear S3/Sport/Galaxy Watch chargers work for Fossil Q Explorist Gen 3 products, including the OG Falster.

What does this mean? I can recycle accessories. So the dual Qi pad will work for all my non Huawei watches. I will likely get a gold Gen 3 Q Explorist and a Gear S3/Watch Active. Makes life simpler not drowning in extra chargers.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I learned a fun fact that the Gear S3/Sport/Galaxy Watch chargers work for Fossil Q Explorist Gen 3 products, including the OG Falster.

What does this mean? I can recycle accessories. So the dual Qi pad will work for all my non Huawei watches. I will likely get a gold Gen 3 Q Explorist and a Gear S3/Watch Active. Makes life simpler not drowning in extra chargers.
Sweet! This sounds very useful.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I saw that... It's not really surprising. Especially in Alabama.

I like that idea that it's in 'honour' of patriotism... Except for the flag (maybe), nothing else is patriotic.

The founding fathers must be rolling in their graves.

If they are then someone should let them out... That means they're alive....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So as most of you know I work in engineering. I typically work for very large firms on large projects.

I'm currently working for an Italian firm in France involved in a project in Russia.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Now as a person who's worked in a lot of companies you run into all sorts of IT ideas and issues.

IT managers have different views on things everywhere I go. Some are more strict, others are more lax.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

In general though, a person who works with CAD software typically has more access simply because this software needs to be a bit more open and it's typically quicker to fix things when you don't have to call IT for every little thing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's not the way this company is here. Worse is that the IT has been outsourced.

The IT rules are so strict I cannot even update my CAD software using the update manger of said software.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Reason why this is a problem is simple.

Hotfixes and service packs are a common thing on CAD packages and usually fix a bunch of things that have come to light.

Having an external IT company who's priorities are obviously other things and with little to no knowledge of CAD software means they simply ignore these things even when requested...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm currently using AutoCAD and I'm drawing in 3D. I'm doing a whole bunch of things and my file is getting fairly large.

Before it got large though it was only 5MB and I had several crashes with AutoCAD. It also runs really slow in some instances. I've become careful about doing certain operations and I'm constantly saving my progress.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

After several days of this and some other issues I had. I decided to contact IT. Which isn't easy. No English speaking line...

Anyway, they fixed one issue but for some reason I can't figure out won't fix the AutoCAD problem.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Now, something that's not really new, the computer I'm using is about 5-6 years old. It's running Windows 7. It's got 16GB of RAM. Dual Xenon processors and a dedicated video card.

I'm also running an older version of AutoCAD.

Now to me a simple fix would be to do the patches and service packs for AutoCAD and maybe if there's still an issue update the video card. IT should at least do the updates. But no.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What's happened is this.

My coworker, who helped me contact IT has a similar issue with AutoCAD. He mentioned this to them and we've told them what we think would fix this problem.

Instead of doing what we suggested they took over his computer for two days. Meaning he couldn't work and he's got deadlines to meet.

Then when they completed messing around updating drivers, defragmenting his hard drive (yeah on Windows 7) they restarted his computer and... It's not loading Windows at all. It went into repair mode and won't start.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99