WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Started a big financial goal of mine today! Hopefully this adds fuel to my fire.

The earlier you start, the better it is.
Unfortunately I did not have a 401(k) until I was almost 30 because my first employer did not sponsor a 401(k) my first few years of employment. It is a fairly uphill climb if you are not able to start contributing in your 20s.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately I did not have a 401(k) until I was almost 30 because my first employer did not sponsor a 401(k) my first few years of employment. It is a fairly uphill climb if you are not able to start contributing in your 20s.
Thi is so true. I had to tap into mine for my last year of school for it took a hit. My employer had a policy of 3 years on the job and it's yours to keep. Once I left and came back, they started paying into the old account so if I leave again it remains mine. It is slowly coming up but I have some serious work to do.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I have heard that before for sure about starting earlier.

Ahh that sounds frustrating that you had to wait.
The earliest I could have started this was last year really. In my position class, I didn't have the choice of one, only the pension. No one told me about this at work and I only learned of this supplemental plan last year. I really wanted to start before my birthday.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So, I see Samsung is pushing commercials with the reverse wireless charging feature on the S10+.

Cute.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

All in all, I'm satisfied with the Mate 20 Pro. I still feel like I'm one additional device away.

Maybe that's just the perpetual itch talking. Lol.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So my dad is finally changing phones soon. I made him a Google account and just downloaded Outlook and WhatsApp (this will be set up with the sim card).
I'll have to go through his Google account to set permissions at some point
Aside from news, I don't know what else to put.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So my dad is finally changing phones soon. I made him a Google account and just downloaded Outlook and WhatsApp (this will be set up with the sim card).
Don't let him loose on Twitter...

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Is he on Facebook. Haha
A few of my elderly 80yr aunts uses that cos they like to check on the 'younger' generation!!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I think Rue has this hanging on his front porch...View attachment 141020

Well if I had a front porch....

I wasn't sure what Thin Mints were but I assumed it had something to do with cookies. Truth is I'm not a fan of being bothered by Girl Guides/Boy Scouts either.

My wife hates people knocking on the door when no one is expected. Even the postal guy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Well if I had a front porch....

I wasn't sure what Thin Mints were but I assumed it had something to do with cookies. Truth is I'm not a fan of being bothered by Girl Guides/Boy Scouts either.

My wife hates people knocking on the door when no one is expected. Even the postal guy.
Those thin mints are good though...

Seriously though, I think it's easy to rag on people who go door to door for all sorts of reasons. I did a tryout as a campaign person getting signatures for different causes. I didn't last long because of how ****ty the pay was and how much I didn't like some of the extra reactions I got from knocking on people's doors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99