WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm trying to be stopped by everyone in the street with a hustle. All I want to do is to get in and fry some shrimp. SMH...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Ordered a third set of tools to repair the Gear Sport. Let's hope the third time is the charm. Otherwise, I'll return these too.

I've seen some people swap the battery and had a wireless charging coil issue too. With how the screws on mine look, I don't think it'll survive multiple openings.

If it goes to hell in a hand basket, I'll wait and get a 42mm Galaxy watch. The 46mm turned me off for three reasons:

1) Two toned grey silver as the only color option
2) Overpriced
3) Not a fan of the frontier design.

The 42mm black makes the frontier design a bit more muted, thus tolerable for me.

I really like the S3 classic. Really like it paired to the Mate 20 Pro.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I was always land ownership, not home ownership.

Better to pay land tax and and build your home than pay a mortgage.

The idea of building your own home is as romantic as it is depressing. I’ve been in some form of construction directly or as an administrator for well over 30 years and I’ve been down that road. The fact you’re never truly “filled up” with your phone of choice lets me know your dream home built to your “specs” may also leave you unfulfilled. Bring in a wife or significant other and the exercise quickly turns to s**t.

Not trying to knock the wind out of your sails but like The Bard famously wrote - to thine own self be true. My next dream home is a Winnebago with no rear view mirrors and a tank full of diesel.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

The idea of building your own home is as romantic as it is depressing. I’ve been in some form of construction directly or as an administrator for well over 30 years and I’ve been down that road. The fact you’re never truly “filled up” with your phone of choice lets me know your dream home built to your “specs” may also leave you unfulfilled. Bring in a wife or significant other and the exercise quickly turns to s**t.

Not trying to knock the wind out of your sails but like The Bard famously wrote - to thine own self be true. My next dream home is a Winnebago with no rear view mirrors and a tank full of diesel.
Your honesty has always been appreciated.

I'm simpler for homes than I am for phones though. I'm fully aware that too custom a home isn't going to be something worth passing on to children. I'd likely just build something more generic that can be added on as needed. I just want something that's comfortable for me - nice kitchen is important so I can really see if I'm competent with fire or not.

There's not thing romantic for me about home ownership. I get to hear my coworkers who own a home for a while and who just bought one talk about their experiences all the time. The romanticism is the land ownership.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

In terms of an actual home, I was always a beach front condo type guy anyways. But with all this climate change, I looked at the beach front properties I saw this week and shook my head as I was a bit unnerved at the idea of owning one in these times.

No one knows what the future holds, as it's not like living in the back woods on some sprawling acreage is better.

All I can share is "I know what it looks like and can tell you when I see it".

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Cool. I like using Nine.

That app is such a lifesaver for me. I already sent my dad the digital gift card to get continued functionality in 2 weeks. I'm hoping that it will appear by morning. If I knew that my dad was going to do this today, I would have just picked up a card from the grocery store. Nine is for contacts and calendar and Outlook is for the actual emails.

As for apps, I added a News app for him, which is Microsoft News since that was his news source on his Windows Phone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

In terms of an actual home, I was always a beach front condo type guy anyways. But with all this climate change, I looked at the beach front properties I saw this week and shook my head as I was a bit unnerved at the idea of owning one in these times.

No one knows what the future holds, as it's not like living in the back woods on some sprawling acreage is better.

All I can share is "I know what it looks like and can tell you when I see it".

Beachfront? Too much maintenance. Even the slightest nick or scratch on a finish turns to rust in days. But the views.....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Still looking for non news related stuff to gab about.
Why not write a blog post about the different options of what type of area/home appeals to you and weigh up the different options.

Maybe add in what difficulties you think you may encounter as part of your buying land and building your own house.

Just thought.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Beachfront? Too much maintenance. Even the slightest nick or scratch on a finish turns to rust in days. But the views.....
Lived breach front. Can verify that salt spray is the most corrosive stuff on the planet. We're taking oceanic of course.

When you're driving through what you think is mist and it turns out to be salt spray and your see how far it goes inland you realise that however nice ocean front is it's a maintenance nightmare.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Why not write a blog post about the different options of what type of area/home appeals to you and weigh up the different options.

Maybe add in what difficulties you think you may encounter as part of your buying land and building your own house.

Just thought.
Thanks. I'll post something on this.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I think I'm going to be a bit more serious with my blogs. At some point I'll just do the subscriptions for all three sites. The one I have posted here will be the most frequent. The food and photo ones will be a bit less frequent.

It's part of a few shifts I need to quietly make.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Put some garlic, thyme a d rosemary in the oil. Gonna be lazy and double dip by throwing hand cut fries in there. If the kitchen was bigger, I'd get an air fryer.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Put some garlic, thyme a d rosemary in the oil. Gonna be lazy and double dip by throwing hand cut fries in there. If the kitchen was bigger, I'd get an air fryer.
Doing this in the worst possible pan that's taking eons to come to temp. This will be interesting for sure...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234