WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I'm quite happy with my camera. It's more a curiosity than anything else.
Well, you see my shots all the time. Yes, LG pulled a HTC M9 with the smaller sensors on the G7/V35, but it's not a terrible sort of cameras. G Cam ports just highlight one approach to taking pictures.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I know I posted pictures of this already but I did some editing on the photos.

Turned out all right.

DSC_0249-02.jpg

DSC_0255-01.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't know. Maybe because I'm trying to slow down my consumerism and only buying things when and if I need them I find the hype around Prime Days a bit disconcerting. It's also the summer sales here in France.

I'd swear that Mobile Nations is a subsidiary or being paid well to advertise for Amazon... hmmmm

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I don't know. Maybe because I'm trying to slow down my consumerism and only buying things when and if I need them I find the hype around Prime Days a bit disconcerting. It's also the summer sales here in France.

I'd swear that Mobile Nations is a subsidiary or being paid well to advertise for Amazon... hmmmm

Both could be correct. (By both, I mean on you with consumerism and them being paid to advertise.) I don't really care for Prime Days at all. I didn't even look to see what's on sale.

Speaking of them, I'm late but any thoughts on the Xperia 1 review from them?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Both could be correct. I don't really care for Prime Days at all. I didn't even look to see what's on sale.

The only reason why I'm seeing it is because I'm using a web browser and going to the main page to start with.

Both WC and AC are advertising Prime Day offers galore.

Mobile Nations always like to push 'stuff' for people to buy. They're heavily consumer driven sites.

In a time where we should be looking to change our habits it's things like Prime Day and other things like Black Friday sales should become a thing of the past.

I get that they need to get rid of old stock, I used to work in retail, but it's getting a bit silly now.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I haven't used the Mobile Nations website in a while. I stick the forums app to duck the ads.

If you're a YouTuber full time, picking up sponsorships is a standard practice. Not hating on those who do, I just sleep walk through the consumerism.

More importantly, did the workers at the Amazon warehouse in MN go on strike?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

I am too lazy to switch smartphones. Need to sell a couple since they are just sitting there collecting dust.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So just some pictures from the King Tut exhibition.

In France they let you take pictures in these things in other countries they don't.

The lighting was quite difficult. I used auto but should've gone manual. I'll explain why I didn't.

The detail is still pretty good.

DSC_0308-01.jpgDSC_0310-01.jpgDSC_0314-01.jpg

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My opinion on the exhibition.

Rating 3/5

To start. I love ancient Egyptian objects and I'm fascinated by the archeology and culture. We are so lucky to have so much information on an ancient culture. I've been fascinated since I was a child.

The first problem with this exhibition is that they really booked it out. There was simply too many people at once. Didn't help that displays we're close together either. So it felt cramped and there was lots of pushing and shoving going on.

Next is the advertising. It gives the impression that you will see the King Tut golden death mask but it's not there. It's a bit of a let down.

They did have some unique objects there and some with their first time out of Egypt. But it was tiring to see everything with so many people.

Another annoying thing is that they let people in with backpacks. This is unheard of. So that added to the feeling of being cramped and jostled about. Some people with backpacks are so clueless with them. Add to that children's push chairs. I mean really?

To top it off there's people just constantly taking pictures and standing in front of things. If you want a picture you need to take it fast so that's why it's auto.

I actually felt relieved to leave.

If there were less people, visible staff and maybe lack of picture taking I think it would have been a lot more enjoyable. Even without the death mask.

Other than that a decent display.

I'm looking forward to my trip to Egypt in about two years time.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Rating 3/5

To start. I love ancient Egyptian objects and I'm fascinated by the archeology and culture. We are so lucky to have so much information on an ancient culture. I've been fascinated since I was a child.

The first problem with this exhibition is that they really booked it out. There was simply too many people at once. Didn't help that displays we're close together either. So it felt cramped and there was lots of pushing and shoving going on.

Next is the advertising. It gives the impression that you will see the King Tut golden death mask but it's not there. It's a bit of a let down.

They did have some unique objects there and some with their first time out of Egypt. But it was tiring to see everything with so many people.

Another annoying thing is that they let people in with backpacks. This is unheard of. So that added to the feeling of being cramped and jostled about. Some people with backpacks are so clueless with them. Add to that children's push chairs. I mean really?

To top it off there's people just constantly taking pictures and standing in front of things. If you want a picture you need to take it fast so that's why it's auto.

If there were less people, visible staff and maybe lack of picture taking I think it would have been a lot more enjoyable. Even without the death mask.

Nice shots. Sounds like this in terms of how busy and semi obnoxious the crowds can be :

https://www.moma.org/calendar/programs/159

Always liked Egyptian culture. Got a real education from one of my clients earlier this year. Interesting stuff indeed.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

We saw the King Tut exhibition at the Getty Center last year in May. Although the primary reason was to see the Van Gogh being inspired by Indian Mughal paintings (which my then 8 year old wanted to see).

I also think that the British Museum in London had a great collection of Egyptian historical artifacts.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Rating 3/5

It sounds like it was just enough of a taste for you to really go to Egypt. I think it's cool that you're going. Thank you for the review.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)