WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

How do I remove 10 subscriptions and I'm still falling behind on YouTube? I miss being able to watch at work.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It sounds like it was just enough of a taste for you to really go to Egypt. I think it's cool that you're going. Thank you for the review.
I've seen quite a few Egyptian exhibitions in various museums around the world.

When I was very young the King Tut exhibition came to Toronto. I wasn't able to go and our school didn't take us but we did a few things on ancient Egypt.

A lot has changed since then and our understanding has increased quite a bit.

I've been wanting to go to Egypt since I moved to Europe (well long before that). It's just been too unstable.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We saw the King Tut exhibition at the Getty Center last year in May. Although the primary reason was to see the Van Gogh being inspired by Indian Mughal paintings (which my then 8 year old wanted to see).

I also think that the British Museum in London had a great collection of Egyptian historical artifacts.

The Getty in LA is really nice. I've seen a lot of Van Gogh paintings. Which one is this? I'm curious now.

I used to have a membership to the British museum. Main reason is to get into the paid exhibitions for free. Saw an amazing Ice Age art exhibition. 40,000 year old artifacts. Gave you goosebumps just looking at it.

The Egyptian collection is good at the British museum and the fact it's free is great.

The Louvre has a large collection as well.

Still nothing like going there.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

The Getty in LA is really nice. I've seen a lot of Van Gogh paintings. Which one is this? I'm curious now.

I used to have a membership to the British museum. Main reason is to get into the paid exhibitions for free. Saw an amazing Ice Age art exhibition. 40,000 year old artifacts. Gave you goosebumps just looking at it.

The Egyptian collection is good at the British museum and the fact it's free is great.

The Louvre has a large collection as well.

Still nothing like going there.
Sorry it was Rembrandt and not Van Gogh.
Here are a few pictures from May 2018.
28520f5fbe5a80956b9d1f5d798e0082.jpg
1b606b3a2ef7f24fc586cd14bf3a1b30.jpg
3ded88344fe13524b16e53576573d527.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Nice shots. Sounds like this in terms of how busy and semi obnoxious the crowds can be :

https://www.moma.org/calendar/programs/159

Always liked Egyptian culture. Got a real education from one of my clients earlier this year. Interesting stuff indeed.

I've watched a lot of documentaries over the years about Egypt and it's been interesting seeing the changes as they learned new things.

In France museums are free for EU citizens under the age of 25 and they do a free night every 1st Sunday of the month. (I'm going by memory here)

I had a desire to be an ancient Egyptian archaeologist or historian. It just seemed too far out of my reach as a young person.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What a horrible day I'm having at work mostly software related.

I never had AutoCAD run this slow in my entire career using it.

I can only assume it has something to do with the lock-down nature of the computers here. Never experienced anything like this.

I could drive home and back by the time a single operation is complete... it feels that way anyway.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What a horrible day I'm having at work mostly software related.

I never had AutoCAD run this slow in my entire career using it.

I can only assume it has something to do with the lock-down nature of the computers here. Never experienced anything like this.

I could drive home and back by the time a single operation is complete... it feels that way anyway.
https://youtu.be/91v7TX1PcWU

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So Dump is showing his true colours again. Surprise.

Some think it's a distraction from the Epstien case but I think it's to get his base going for 2020... Scary thought that.

Even if it comes out that Dump did mess with young girls and it's proven his rabid base won't care one bit.

The hope is that there are some who won't be able to stomach it but that's of course if Faux News covers any of it.

That's where we are in politics in the USA today folks.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So Dump is showing his true colours again. Surprise.

Some think it's a distraction from the Epstien case but I think it's to get his base going for 2020... Scary thought that.

Even if it comes out that Dump did mess with young girls and it's proven his rabid base won't care one bit.

The hope is that there are some who won't be able to stomach it but that's of course if Faux News covers any of it.

That's where we are in politics in the USA today folks.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/07/16/politics/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-trump-tweet/index.html

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

While I kvetch about lots of stuff with the Mate 20 Pro, I like how Huawei handles transition between each of the three lenses. Not a fan of what Sony did for the X 1, although I can understand why pairing up the main and telephoto can make sense.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I like the screen and hand feel of the X 1. Would be curious to see how a smaller version (X 2) would be. Didn't think the Xperia 10(10+) were that unwieldy.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Shout out to all the (more well known) old school Android skins:

Samsung - Touch Wiz
HTC - Sense
Moto - Motoblur
Sony - Timescape UI
Xiaomi - MIUI
LG - Optimus UI
Huawei - EMUI

Oh yeah, Xiaomi been around THAT long. I could have flashed MIUI on Nexus devices...galaxy nexus, that is. So has been Huawei, but Xioami's skin was always a bit more developer/enthusiast friendly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb