WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Shout out to all the (more well known) old school Android skins:

Samsung - Touch Wiz
HTC - Sense
Moto - Motoblur
Sony - Timescape UI
Xiaomi - MIUI
LG - Optimus UI
Huawei - EMUI

Oh yeah, Xiaomi been around THAT long. I could have flashed MIUI on Nexus devices...galaxy nexus, that is. So has been Huawei, but Xioami's skin was always a bit more developer/enthusiast friendly.

I hated Motoblur with a passion. I was happy when they ditched it and went with almost stock Android.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

That's the new Xperia 1. You missed the most Sony part of the picture though.

(I liked the old Xperia T. Almost got one.)
It was a good deal when it came with the headphones.

I totally agree the price is ridiculous.

I do like the phone though...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

While I kvetch about lots of stuff with the Mate 20 Pro, I like how Huawei handles transition between each of the three lenses. Not a fan of what Sony did for the X 1, although I can understand why pairing up the main and telephoto can make sense.
What does Huawei do differently as I haven't looked into it.

I'm not a fan of the button on the live screen personally. Since I've increased the size is not too bad but it is a touch slow going between lens.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is part of my drive home. I took this when out for a walk with my wife.

It's pretty hilly where we're living so it's good exercise.

I had to make some edits.DSC_0334-02.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

What does Huawei do differently as I haven't looked into it.

I'm not a fan of the button on the live screen personally. Since I've increased the size is not too bad but it is a touch slow going between lens.
I'll post pictures later. Their app is a little cluttered for my taste, but in terms of the lens transitions, I like the options.

Zooming in and out changes the lens. Also, there are 4 dots to the side you can tap on for the desired lens: wide, 1x (main), 3x and 5x (telephoto).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It was a good deal when it came with the headphones.

I totally agree the price is ridiculous.

I do like the phone though...
I like it too. I can use it one handed as it fits really nicely in my hand. I would have put the power button to the left, but that's me.

Still needed a 3.5mm, but that's me. It's not as commuter friendly (for mine at least).

Still, I really liked the XZ2/XZ3 design of last year. It wasn't as standout visually, but in hand, I liked it better than most of the competition.

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

This is part of my drive home. I took this when out for a walk with my wife.

It's pretty hilly where we're living so it's good exercise.

I had to make some edits.View attachment 141048
Hey!! That looks quite similar...
(road up to the farm, although mine is only partially completed)
60b8f0aed1a830e08b6c8f3cc5bf41fa.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'll post pictures later. Their app is a little cluttered for my taste, but in terms of the lens transitions, I like the options.

Zooming in and out changes the lens. Also, there are 4 dots to the side you can tap on for the desired lens: wide, 1x (main), 3x and 5x (telephoto).

I just checked. The zoom (using the volume rocker) does go from 1X to 2X in steps then switching lens. The wide is still an option when doing this as well. There's no 5X zoom lens but it does zoom in that far.

Though I'm not a fan of the onscreen button I've gotten used it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I like it too. I can use it one handed as it fits really nicely in my hand. I would have put the power button to the left, but that's me.

Still needed a 3.5mm, but that's me. It's not as commuter friendly (for mine at least).

Atill, I really liked the XZ2/XZ3 design of last year. It wasn't as standout visually, but in hand, I liked it better than most of the competition.

I wish they would have figured out a way to keep the fingerprint and power button together personally...

The 3.5mm thing is going to be an issue. I don't know why they got rid of it.

I did like the XZ3 and was planning that as my next phone but this became a real option for me so I thought why not go new? I've never done this before.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Hey!! That looks quite similar...
(road up to the farm, although mine is only partially completed)
60b8f0aed1a830e08b6c8f3cc5bf41fa.jpg

There's probably roads like this all over the world. I went on some interesting "roads" in Australia. Is yours a driveway or road? This is an actual road. This is a small section of it. It's about a kilometer or so long.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wish they would have figured out a way to keep the fingerprint and power button together personally...

The 3.5mm thing is going to be an issue. I don't know why they got rid of it.

I did like the XZ3 and was planning that as my next phone but this became a real option for me so I thought why not go new? I've never done this before.
I don't blame you for going new when given the chance. Sometimes you have to take the plunge.

There is still a part of me that's tempted to get an XZ3. As much as I had certain gripes, I did like the XZ2. I just felt that LG was offering a bit more in the G7/V35 to what I wanted.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

With how hot this week has been, I have been so tempted to get a frozen or cold drink but since I had one on Sunday, I'm holding strong. Now I have to get through the rest of the week and weekend. My smoothie is a given so I'm not counting that.

Lately, I have seen how "little" purchases can add up and it's shocking.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

With how hot this week has been, I have been so tempted to get a frozen or cold drink but since I had one on Sunday, I'm holding strong. Now I have to get through the rest of the week and weekend. My smoothie is a given so I'm not counting that.

Lately, I have seen how "little" purchases can add up and it's shocking.
I could use as beer as cold as how some people at work don't respect my practice, but I'll settle for some lemon and mint infused water that frigid.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Thanks to the current US President, I can casually walk through my neighborhood and see informal information signs like this posted on trees...20190717_193856.jpeg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks to the current US President, I can casually walk through my neighborhood and see informal information signs like this posted on trees...View attachment 141049
Nice that people are taking the time to print and post these around. I have been seeing this shared on social media as well.

Annoying that these have to be posted though.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

There's probably roads like this all over the world. I went on some interesting "roads" in Australia. Is yours a driveway or road? This is an actual road. This is a small section of it. It's about a kilometer or so long.
It a road, leading to the spot of my yet-to-be-built house!!
The farm has been in neglect for years, with thick undergrowth. Wild jungle trees have invaded and has grown 20ft high.
At least the old fruit trees are bearing fruits.. free of pesticides..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb