WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

It's cheaper to lay two cement strips than a 8foot wide surface..it'll be good enough for any non-4WD vehicle and medium size lorry/trucks to pass thru.
The funds saved, will be used for culverts and side drainage. Critical for slopes

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's cheaper to lay two cement strips than a 8foot wide surface..it'll be good enough for any non-4WD vehicle and medium size lorry/trucks to pass thru.
The funds saved, will be used for culverts and side drainage. Critical for slopes
Have you looked into permaculture at all?

There's lots of resources online.

Sounds like your farm would be perfect for this type of farming.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It a road, leading to the spot of my yet-to-be-built house!!
The farm has been in neglect for years, with thick undergrowth. Wild jungle trees have invaded and has grown 20ft high.
At least the old fruit trees are bearing fruits.. free of pesticides..

I was also asking because we have friends in Australia who have a driveway like that as well. As you mentioned a lot cheaper.

Our farm driveway is just gravel. No plans to pave or anything. Way too expensive.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks to the current US President, I can casually walk through my neighborhood and see informal information signs like this posted on trees...View attachment 141049

The USA is in a very bad place at the moment.

The UK isn't much better I should point out.

Not entirely sure how France is but I know that immigration everywhere is a big topic currently.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't blame you for going new when given the chance. Sometimes you have to take the plunge.

There is still a part of me that's tempted to get an XZ3. As much as I had certain gripes, I did like the XZ2. I just felt that LG was offering a bit more in the G7/V35 to what I wanted.

I have little complaints about the phone.

Other people have bigger complaints about small things (to me but big to them).

I don't think any phone is perfect but I think this one is definitely a good one and I see as a starting point for them to improve on.

I'd like to see upgrades to the Cinema Pro app and some minor changes to the camera app.

They're getting rid of the What's New app (finally!) and Audio Recorder (though I don't use this it could be handy).

The finger print scanner could be better and I'd prefer a larger battery but other than that I'm happy.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Have you looked into permaculture at all?

There's lots of resources online.

Sounds like your farm would be perfect for this type of farming.
Thanks for the introducing me to permaculture, a new word for me. It does read like old fashion village farming without a fiefdom!!
We're starting slow, getting the access road, clearing the field and old terraces.
Once that is done, we'll figure the spots for small cabins, rest huts, workshop, storehouse etc.
We're looking into solar panels for electricity.
The main problem would be water. Rain water collection and a small stream won't be enough

We hired a mixer to do up the lower portion of the road. Half day work. When the cement dries up, I'll be driving my small car up!!

54fec5b2db8ebd213fe978b9471cafd1.jpg

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the introducing me to permaculture, a new word for me. It does read like old fashion village farming without a fiefdom!!
We're starting slow, getting the access road, clearing the field and old terraces.
Once that is done, we'll figure the spots for small cabins, rest huts, workshop, storehouse etc.
We're looking into solar panels for electricity.
The main problem would be water. Rain water collection and a small stream won't be enough

We hired a mixer to do up the lower portion of the road. Half day work. When the cement dries up, I'll be driving my small car up!!

54fec5b2db8ebd213fe978b9471cafd1.jpg

Permaculture is a lot more than just old fashioned village farming. :p There is some that in it. One of the creators (they're Australians) spent a lot of time in France looking at methods here.

To me permaculture just makes sense from both a farm design perspective and overall farming method.

There's an ethics to permaculture as well - Earth Care (soil, plants, water, animals), People Care (you, your neighbors and community), Fair Share (sharing surplus with other people and animals)

The other aspect is about reducing the amount of work you have to do as a farmer. Hence the word perma, short for permanent. The culture part is both agriculture and cultural shift in thinking.

If you want some good resources at all I will happily point you in the right direction. We've found out recently that there's stuff going around claiming to be permaculture but isn't.

I know you're just at the beginning and have lots of work to do but if you're interested you might find permaculutre a good way of doing things. It's the way we're doing our farm.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

Darn... After more than a month of not using my Charge2, and having the updates on my nokia 8.1... The two still are not on speaking terms!
I would have thought Fitbit would have solved the pairing bugs by now.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Darn... After more than a month of not using my Charge2, and having the updates on my nokia 8.1... The two still are not on speaking terms!
I would have thought Fitbit would have solved the pairing bugs by now.

Don’t be too convinced it’s the Fitbit. I had nothing but trouble with a Nokia 6, 6.1 and 7.1 when it came to Bluetooth. My Ionic has never had pairing issues like it did with the Nokias. Surprisingly, Samsungs were hit or miss but usually good. Sonys and iPhones are “buttah”.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

So for something a bit lighter in topic than politics or mobiles I thought I would enlighten you to some things you may not know about Europe and in this case specific to France (though Germany/Austria fits into this as well).

That is the word F**K is not really a swear word here. In fact it's practically meaningless. Doesn't exist in the French language or officially as a French word so is not viewed or thought of as anything. Bearing in mind that they do know it's a swear word in English.

So what does this mean exactly and why am I telling you this?

Well, if you come to France you can turn on some music, watch TV or hear music in a shop, restaurant, cafe, etc (you get the point) and there's no censorship any time of the day.

As you can imagine this can upset some more sensitive people from North America or UK...

The word F**K is thought to derive from German and is not considered much of a swear word there. In Austria there's a town called F**KING which consistently has it's sign stolen. I recommend reading the WIKI on the town it's quite amusing.

So with that in mind I'm posting a picture of a treat display from a French cafe. Don't worry I blurred the words but to give you an idea of where this is located. It's in a large national bagel sandwich shop. To add to this the register had some advertising on it as well saying "F**k Burger Queen". Yes Burger King is here in France...

Usually this has some sort of sweet things in it. You can tell they know what the word means but don't care. :grin:

DSC_0336-01.jpeg

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

So for something a bit lighter in topic than politics or mobiles I thought I would enlighten you to some things you may not know about Europe and in this case specific to France (though Germany/Austria fits into this as well).

That is the word F**K is not really a swear word here. In fact it's practically meaningless. Doesn't exist in the French language or officially as a French word so is not viewed or thought of as anything. Bearing in mind that they do know it's a swear word in English.

Well, if you come to France you can turn on some music, watch TV or hear music in a shop, restaurant, cafe, etc (you get the point) and there's no censorship any time of the day.

As you can imagine this can upset some more sensitive people from North America or UK...

The word F**K is thought to derive from German and is not considered much of a swear word there. In Austria there's a town called F**KING which consistently has it's sign stolen. I recommend reading the WIKI on the town it's quite amusing.

So with that in mind I'm posting a picture of a treat display from a French cafe. Don't worry I blurred the words but to give you an idea of where this is located. It's in a large national bagel sandwich shop. To add to this the register had some advertising on it as well saying "F**k Burger Queen". Yes Burger King is here in France...

Usually this has some sort of sweet things in it. You can tell they know what the word means but don't care. :grin:

View attachment 141061
Heard the beer in that German Town is f**king good

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Weird to have 2 orders wrong back to back. Fortunately, I will be getting credit for both things but still. Why? I know that human error is real but back to back from places that don't usually mess up is odd.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 141061

This is interesting, thank you for sharing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Weird to have 2 orders wrong back to back. Fortunately, I will be getting credit for both things but still. Why? I know that human error is real but back to back from places that don't usually mess up is odd.

Also got to work, and my papers are misplaced on my table. Not only that, they took my pen away, gave me another one and decided to log into my computer. Really?! It was easy to figure out who used my computer but it's just weird.

The day will improve. This I know.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Also got to work, and my papers are misplaced on my table. Not only that, they took my pen away, gave me another one and decided to log into my computer. Really?! It was easy to figure out who used my computer but it's just weird.

The day will improve. This I know.

You're having a good day! It's Friday so can't be that bad.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

We ordered our cat food online sometimes for convenience and one time we received dog food and dog treats.

Not very useful....

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

We ordered our cat food online sometimes for convenience and one time we received dog food and dog treats.

Not very useful....

Oh no, that's just terrible. Wow. I hope they at least considered changing out the food for the right one.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You're having a good day! It's Friday so can't be that bad.

I forgot to mention that because of this mix up, I was really late to work.

I'll keep with the good day attitude though. As you said, at least it is Friday. We are having excessive heat as well this weekend so it's a lot. I'll be doing my best to stay cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077