WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

I think you're partially right. My first band was a Garmin Vivosport, which I bought from a techgadget shop thinking it would be easy to get paired, it could not with either my Lumia 950XL nor the good wife's Vivo V7.
After more undersuccessful tries at the shop, they offered me similar priced Fitbit Charge2... which had a breeze to be paired.

Months later, I got the Garmin Vivosmart (Music) for the missus. This time there was no Bluetooth issues with either of our phones.
I got to keep the Charge2 that works very well... that is until I sneaked out to a Noki8.1 .
The work around is to keep it paired and update the data to the SIM-less Lumia, and read all the info on the Nokia.
Another negative is not being able to get the GPS to work
I cannot confirm the HMD issues as I never paired my Alta HR to the 8. It is only now I've paired it to the V35 and Mate 20 Pro. I used to sync it only to my primary tablet initially. Hope you're satisfied with your workaround.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

NYC keeps leaving me with mixed feelings. Lots of things keep leaving me with mixed feelings these days.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Probably the guests too. It's my attending's annual BBQ. I made some sorrel to take along.

As it's a casual BBQ, I'm taking the V35. Once a few things are settled, I'd like to add a Galaxy watch to the collection. I'll pair that with the V35 and the S3 classic with the Mate 20 Pro.

After that, I'll be square. Of course I'm always out to try a 9 Pureview or XZ3 or XZ2 Premium or something like that, but I'm not actively looking for one.

Gotcha. This sounds like it will be nice, aside from the heat.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Some street humour, literally.

I'm not surprised this is in Nova Scotia Canada but I'm sure you can find stuff like this everywhere.

Giving directions to here must be fun.Screenshot_20190721-090736-01.jpg

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Just spent some time in Paris today. Still sorting out where everything is. Driving in is making life easier though.

DSC_0390-01.jpgDSC_0386-01.jpgDSC_0359-01.jpgDSC_0353-01.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Aside from the heat, the weekend has been good to me. Today was the first day since starting this class that I have been able to just watch YouTube for hours without guilt or feeling like I should do something else. And I also get to watch a game live for once (not the same as being at one, of course) but this is one of my things I enjoy doing.

I have saved the really long videos for work since my boss is away for a few more days as background noise as all of them are just videos that can be listened to.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

On a related note, I recently heard the advice that people should figure out what makes life enjoyable (like what's important for you) and ditch what isn't when it comes to money by Ramit Sethi. I really like the idea of that, and it makes me wonder why this idea isn't as popular, rather than telling people to give up their daily coffee.

On a podcast I listen to, he shared that he has been driving the same Honda that is old because it's been good to him, and there are some other things he mentioned like that, including choosing to stay in the same place that he rents by the way for a lot of years. It works for him. I'm hoping to find what works for me like that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

All in all, I don't regret using a 2018 LG device as a daily driver. I would have been fine with the G7+ had I been getting LTE here on t-mobile. The V35 has been very solid, all I wished for was 128GB internal storage. I don't use my wired headphones as much as I used to, but it is great to have the versatility to enjoy quality audio. The cameras are serviceable.

Would I buy a 2019 LG? Nope (not right now). I was once interested in the V50, but it's too expensive and LG still hasn't addressed the elephant in the room - their software support.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

All in all, I don't regret using a 2018 LG device as a daily driver. I would have been fine with the G7+ had I been getting LTE here on t-mobile. The V35 has been very solid, all I wished for was 128GB internal storage. I don't use my wired headphones as much as I used to, but it is great to have the versatility to enjoy quality audio. The cameras are serviceable.

Would I buy a 2019 LG? Nope (not right now). I was once interested in the V50, but it's too expensive and LG still hasn't addressed the elephant in the room - their software support.
Because of how I picked up the V35 I haven't felt the need to baby it as I do with everything else. I've added a skin on the back, tempered glass on the front and that's all. It's been a while since I just used a phone as a more of a daily tool.

It's been a good experience so far. Once I get a galaxy watch I plan to use this on weekdays and the Mate 20 Pro on weekends.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

On a related note, I recently heard the advice that people should figure out what makes life enjoyable (like what's important for you) and ditch what isn't when it comes to money by Ramit Sethi. I really like the idea of that, and it makes me wonder why this idea isn't as popular, rather than telling people to give up their daily coffee.

On a podcast I listen to, he shared that he has been driving the same Honda that is old because it's been good to him, and there are some other things he mentioned like that, including choosing to stay in the same place that he rents by the way for a lot of years. It works for him. I'm hoping to find what works for me like that.
That's the basis of Minimalism.

Minimalism isn't about giving up stuff it's about keeping the things that matter to you and getting rid of the things that don't.

It's also about being conscious about any purchases you make when you do buy something.

We're not perfect but we try to keep our buying stuff to a minimum and we don't like clutter.

We're not the best consumers.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Those are lovely pictures. How old is that carousel?
I think there's a sign about it but I didn't take a picture of it.

Taking a guess it's possibly from the world expo. In other words the same time the tower was put up.

But it could be older. Carousels have been in Paris for some time.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I think there's a sign about it but I didn't take a picture of it.

Taking a guess it's possibly from the world expo. In other words the same time the tower was put up.

But it could be older. Carousels have been in Paris for some time.
I was just curious, since I love both history and carousels.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm staying with the V20 for now, but I definitely am interested in the V50. I don't mind the slow or nonexistent updates, since I'm not aware of any other OEM that offers the same audio quality as LG does in its V-series devices. Audio quality is probably the most important feature to me, since I use wired high-impedance headphones to listen to FLAC and WAV files.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Some more. The building here is the army museum. Taking from the car as we drove by. I managed to take 14 pictures of this building in less than 10 seconds. Not burst mode.

DSC_0374-01.jpgDSC_0383-01.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Lastly. Some potatoes we grew in our garden. Funnily enough we didn't plant potatoes. They were left overs from the owners.DSC_0399-01.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99