WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Hmm that's really interesting. I have heard of one and three but not so much the second one. I agree about the gratitude journal being difficult. At the beginning of the year, I did a 90 day challenge of doing that and at times, it was hard to find something to write about or I just didn't feel it.

Maybe I should do it again. I'm in a period of waiting so it's tough.

The thing with gratitude journal writing is that it doesn't have to be a big process.

Just a sentence. "Today I'm grateful for...."

That's it. It's easy to get caught up in trying to make something a big process when all you need to do is look at the simple things and a quick sentence.

As for Flow. There's a whole book on it. It's not as well known but I have heard people mention it on TV in the UK. I've also heard some YouTube people mention it but I'm typically skeptical on those people. They tend to promote 'trends'.

Positive psychology isn't a trend type of thing. It's unfortunately being co-opted by the money making 'woo' ministers (typically those promoted by Oprah). You'll hear a lot of them use words from the theory and promote it as their own or say something like 'the science of positive psychology says..." So it's good to be careful who you hear things from. Positive psychology is a science and like all science it's constantly being looked at, challenged and new ideas are emerging.

In life sometimes little things can mean a lot. I believe in keeping things simple.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

This is gonna be an old school cluster**** indeed. Better pull out your finest tea set and scones recipe to get through watching this trainwreck.

When the lifestyle of the privileged gets threatened, **** like this becomes too commonplace. 100% panic moves always leave the common man to pay for priviled mistakes.

I'm really curious how this is going to go. Like you said it's like watching a train wreck but for me (and many others) it's been a three year train wreck in the making. Now just three months they plan to sort it out... yeah I see that happening...

The common person is going to get hurt the most out of this but they are the ones who let the wool over their eyes and drank the kool-aid.

So many of the people against the EU are against them for the wrong reasons and sadly the mainstream media hasn't helped one bit. They've been so soft on the Brexit leaders it's pathetic.

But then, how do you change a 'religious belief' in something? You can point out all the things that are wrongly reported and they still think the same way. Not much different than 45 supporters.

If you ever read the nonsense coming out of some 'Brexit believers' it's crazy. They bring up WWI and WWII FFS!!! I mean really what does that have to do with anything???? Talk about living in the past....

I'm at a loss really. Part of me feels sorry for people the other part just wants me to see an end to this nonsense.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

My perception of what counts as heavy rains are slightly skewed having been in what eventually ended up being one of the strongest hurricanes ever as a child.

All considered, it was pretty strong, bursty rain.

I haven't been in a hurricane (thankfully) but in a few tropical storms so I have a good handle on large quantities of rain.

Rain after long periods of dry weather is never a good thing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It's funny. A lot of the media in the UK are saying how short lived Boris will be as PM. They're talking a few of months.

Not sure about that...

It's a big 'depends on' thing. Truth is his party being the mess it is will be his downfall rather than the public likability.

If Brexit doesn't happen (one way or the other) by Oct 31st the Tory party as it is will be decimated in any type of election which will likely come about because of that.

It really is down to the next three months for Boris in that way. I guess most can't see him doing what needs to be done which is why they have that timeline.

Interesting times...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

My perception of what counts as heavy rains are slightly skewed having been in what eventually ended up being one of the strongest hurricanes ever as a child.

All considered, it was pretty strong, bursty rain.

Went through Andrew in my late 20s. I’m so done with hurricanes and thunderstorms. Funny thing is, I can deal with the storms since they last a few hours. It’s the weeks without power in this absurd heat that I can’t handle anymore.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

The thing with gratitude journal writing is that it doesn't have to be a big process.

Just a sentence. "Today I'm grateful for...."

That's it. It's easy to get caught up in trying to make something a big process when all you need to do is look at the simple things and a quick sentence.

As for Flow. There's a whole book on it. It's not as well known but I have heard people mention it on TV in the UK. I've also heard some YouTube people mention it but I'm typically skeptical on those people. They tend to promote 'trends'.

Positive psychology isn't a trend type of thing. It's unfortunately being co-opted by the money making 'woo' ministers (typically those promoted by Oprah). You'll hear a lot of them use words from the theory and promote it as their own or say something like 'the science of positive psychology says..." So it's good to be careful who you hear things from. Positive psychology is a science and like all science it's constantly being looked at, challenged and new ideas are emerging.

In life sometimes little things can mean a lot. I believe in keeping things simple.

Truth, I can only agree with you on these points. I'm not too familiar with positive psychology until you mentioned it but I will take your word for it on that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

It's funny. A lot of the media in the UK are saying how short lived Boris will be as PM. They're talking a few of months.

Not sure about that...

It's a big 'depends on' thing. Truth is his party being the mess it is will be his downfall rather than the public likability.

If Brexit doesn't happen (one way or the other) by Oct 31st the Tory party as it is will be decimated in any type of election which will likely come about because of that.

It really is down to the next three months for Boris in that way. I guess most can't see him doing what needs to be done which is why they have that timeline.

Interesting times...
Thought I posted something on this earlier.

People put too much faith in heads of state in the form of presidents and prime ministers having enough sway to get things done. Unless it is an authoritarian state disguised with democratic trappings, it's the parties themselves that decides what gets done or not.

Good luck, Boris. Even though luck isn't what you need over the next few months.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Went through Andrew in my late 20s. I’m so done with hurricanes and thunderstorms. Funny thing is, I can deal with the storms since they last a few hours. It’s the weeks without power in this absurd heat that I can’t handle anymore.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Gilbert

This was the monster that tore the roof off my childhood home. I still remember being in my brother's bedroom taping up windows as a yuge gust swept in, ripping the roof (including inside ceiling) off upwards and swinging it to the right (we never found where it landed).

And we got it easy. So destructive it screwed over Mexico twice. At least I got this song out of it:

https://youtu.be/8flDlixo4KA

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I guess my tolerance is high. I was so used to power outages as a child, it doesn't phase me either.

Guess the expectation that I'm in Murica so it should run better as I'm paying for it. So when things break down, I just use my old school navigation skills.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Those things have gotten too risky to partake in, IMO.
Fair point if I guessed correctly. By your statement, do you mean the apps, the workplace route?

Personally, I don't feel comfortable with the workplace route for myself. I like the idea of separation. Apps are super common and I have a friend that it has worked for. I'm kinda looking forward to applying what I have learned and seeing how that works out.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

What's interesting I've seen memes with Bush Jr saying "Miss me yet?".

Truth is, he was no better than 45. He may have had a more likable goofiness to him than the cold evil that 45 displays. There is absolutely nothing likable about 45.

However, if he was in office he probably would've done a large portion of the drastic things that 45 has done. Same choice for supreme court justice, same anti-abortion stance, same ripping apart of healthcare, etc. A lot of what 45 has done is GOP stuff. I doubt 45 cares about any of the regular nonsense. He just likes the title. The GOP are just using him to get what they want. I don't think people get that.

Yeah 45 is a horrible human being but don't let that fact stop you from thinking that the whole GOP at their core are all horrible humans beings. Not a single one is standing up to him. That should speak volumes...

But the blinded continue to vote...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

What's interesting I've seen memes with Bush Jr saying "Miss me yet?".

Truth is, he was no better than 45. He may have had a more likable goofiness to him than the cold evil that 45 displays. There is absolutely nothing likable about 45.

However, if he was in office he probably would've done a large portion of the drastic things that 45 has done. Same choice for supreme court justice, same anti-abortion stance, same ripping apart of healthcare, etc. A lot of what 45 has done is GOP stuff. I doubt 45 cares about any of the regular nonsense. He just likes the title. The GOP are just using him to get what they want. I don't think people get that.

Yeah 45 is a horrible human being but don't let that fact stop you from thinking that the whole GOP at their core are all horrible humans beings. Not a single one is standing up to him. That should speak volumes...

But the blinded continue to vote...

Nah, say what you want about W but he didn’t stand on a corner in Lower Manhattan and throw rolls of Bounty at New Yorkers after 9/11. As dumb as he was, as aloof as his daddy was and as cold as Jeb was while Governor of my “beloved” Flori-Duh, I truly believe in my heart of hearts that they were decent human beings. This current POS couldn’t hold a candle to W. He certainly couldn’t forge the relationship W has with Michelle Obama. That alone speaks volumes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss