WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

So yesterday I went to check out the Fossil watch I'm interested in at a Fossil shop.

I live about 20 minutes from two big shopping centres. The one that has the shop is the one we frequent the most because it has a large grocery store as well. It also just opened a new food court which has some nice places.

Anyway. I would've bought the watch yesterday but the sale simply wasn't close enough to what I found online.

Which is annoying. I personally would've bought it in the shop had their price been a bit better.

So on Amazon, by Fossil, I can get the watch for €135. In shop on sale for €179. Not a huge difference but had it been a around €145-150 I would've bought it at the shop without issue.

I can appreciate that they need to pay people and rent etc but with that kind of price difference it's hard to not want to save some. It's weird when it's Fossil undercutting their own shop but I guess they just want to sell stuff.

I personally would like to avoid using Amazon and buy in a shop though.

At least I got to try it on. Looks good and heavier than I was expecting.

Going to buy it today. Sigh.
You know the drill - mini review.

I looked up the model you had mentioned. It's very nice. I'd get the Commuter in gold as that better fits my style.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So yesterday I went to check out the Fossil watch I'm interested in at a Fossil shop.

I live about 20 minutes from two big shopping centres. The one that has the shop is the one we frequent the most because it has a large grocery store as well. It also just opened a new food court which has some nice places.

Anyway. I would've bought the watch yesterday but the sale simply wasn't close enough to what I found online.

Which is annoying. I personally would've bought it in the shop had their price been a bit better.

So on Amazon, by Fossil, I can get the watch for €135. In shop on sale for €179. Not a huge difference but had it been a around €145-150 I would've bought it at the shop without issue.

I can appreciate that they need to pay people and rent etc but with that kind of price difference it's hard to not want to save some. It's weird when it's Fossil undercutting their own shop but I guess they just want to sell stuff.

I personally would like to avoid using Amazon and buy in a shop though.

At least I got to try it on. Looks good and heavier than I was expecting.

Going to buy it today. Sigh.

I'm glad that you got to try it! I agree with you about having such a difference in price.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So I bricked the V35.
Now, I can go through the effort to fix it, but I'm honestly sitting here, deciding if I want to do all that.

I'm fortunate where I can either pull out the G7+ and deal with the shortcomings of the spotty radios or switch over to the Mate 20 Pro.

From a hardware perspective, LG has what I like. From a software perspective, they are unobtrusive and if you want manually manage your stuff, you can do that. I'm just wondering if they still really fit into what I want.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Now, I can go through the effort to fix it, but I'm honestly sitting here, deciding if I want to do all that.

I'm fortunate where I can either pull out the G7+ and deal with the shortcomings of the spotty radios or switch over to the Mate 20 Pro.

From a hardware perspective, LG has what I like. From a software perspective, they are unobtrusive and if you want manually manage your stuff, you can do that. I'm just wondering if they still really fit into what I want.

I'm curious with what you'll do. I feel like I can't predict it. I wish you good luck with either one.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious with what you'll do. I feel like I can't predict it. I wish you good luck with either one.
Swapped back to the G7+ for now. Going to do some community work this week so I'm not using the Mate 20 Pro. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the ***.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Hard to find something I like and want to use as a daily driver these days. SMH.
Maybe the radios will be tolerable due to the 9.0 update. If they are, I may just chug along with the G7+. Otherwise, I've got to decide if I really want to give LG another try or go in a different direction.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Maybe the radios will be tolerable due to the 9.0 update. If they are, I may just chug along with the G7+. Otherwise, I've got to decide if I really want to give LG another try or go in a different direction.
Something still says while visually, 9.0 wasn't going to add much to the V35, performance wise it would have been welcomed.

I think ultimately that's one of the issues that Android still faces when it comes to Apple. As much as we knock Apple for their controlling nature, because they've rebranded themselves as a lifestyle company, they're more willing to provide more proper software support to ensure customers have a more invested experience. (Hardware) Choice doesn't always make convenience more desirable.

What to do indeed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Something still says while visually, 9.0 wasn't going to add much to the V35, performance wise it would have been welcomed.

I think ultimately that's one of the issues that Android still faces when it comes to Apple. As much as we knock Apple for their controlling nature, because they've rebranded themselves as a lifestyle company, they're more willing to provide more proper software support to ensure customers have a more invested experience. (Hardware) Choice doesn't always make convenience more desirable.

What to do indeed.
So far the radios seem a bit better (for data) and the battery life is as bad as I remember. Did a factory reset and restore as 9.0 broke the pixel black theme I was using. The issue I have is that the gf's apartment isn't too kind for poor radios, especially for phone calls.

I may unbrick the V35 eventually. Still don't know yet.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I do like the stuff Huawei is doing hardware wise. Guess I'm an old fart that prefers the flat screen experience.

The usual choices are still on the table (9 Pureview, XZ3, K20 pro). I certainly plan to get a Key2 for the business but only at the right price.

I really liked the V35 though. Sad I bricked it but had a sneaky suspicion that it may happen. Typically whenever I have manually updated LG phones I never had to jump through so many hoops. SMH.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

So far the radios seem a bit better (for data) and the battery life is as bad as I remember. Did a factory reset and restore as 9.0 broke the pixel black theme I was using. The issue I have is that the gf's apartment isn't too kind for poor radios, especially for phone calls.

I may unbrick the V35 eventually. Still don't know yet.
Likely will go as stripped down as much as possible here. May even take off the Wear OS pairings I have. Haven't fully updated some updates yet, but we will see.

I'm not a fan of a ton of white in Google OS. Never have been since 5.0. Hopefully, I can find an updated black theme to trim away all these extra layers of white.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

OK, mods. We have passed 150K posts, I think. I vote to throw it up to a million and call it a day, but it's up to the regulars here and the lurkers who want to reply.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know the drill - mini review.

I looked up the model you had mentioned. It's very nice. I'd get the Commuter in gold as that better fits my style.
Everyone is different.

I prefer silver watches. Always have. Gold just always had a bit too much of a bling factor that just isn't me.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm glad that you got to try it! I agree with you about having such a difference in price.
It's the main reason why I like stores still. I buy online when it doesn't matter much but most things I prefer to buy in person.

It's not my old fashioned ideas just the annoyance of returning things if they don't work for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro