WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: WC 150K Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Everyone is different.

I prefer silver watches. Always have. Gold just always had a bit too much of a bling factor that just isn't me.
I never cared for yellow gold. I like silver, stainless steel, white gold and platinum much better. Of course, I've never been able to afford white gold or platinum anything. LOL.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I did my first dog walking training session and loved it. I learned the policies and procedures at the kennel and got to walk dogs. The dogs were so sweet and friendly, and I felt so happy after spending time with them.

Once I'm finished with training I'll be able to just look at the schedule, pick a dog and walk him or her.

I ordered a dog leash, since I'll need my own once training is completed.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I never cared for yellow gold. I like silver, stainless steel, white gold and platinum much better. Of course, I've never been able to afford white gold or platinum anything. LOL.

Neither my wife or I wear much jewelry. I wear my wedding ring (gold with platinum band and one diamond) and my wife wears hers (gold wedding band and engagement ring) a gold bracelet and a necklace (typically silver). That's about a bling as we get.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I did my first dog walking training session and loved it. I learned the policies and procedures at the kennel and got to walk dogs. The dogs were so sweet and friendly, and I felt so happy after spending time with them.

Once I'm finished with training I'll be able to just look at the schedule, pick a dog and walk him or her.

I ordered a dog leash, since I'll need my own once training is completed.

Awesome! Good to hear you had a great time. :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

You know the drill - mini review.

I looked up the model you had mentioned. It's very nice. I'd get the Commuter in gold as that better fits my style.

I'll have it by Tuesday so once I get used to wearing a watch and fiddling around with things I'll do a write up.

I haven't worn a watch in over a decade. I do like the idea of having one again though. It's tiring pulling out the phone to look at the time.

One of the reasons I stopped wearing it is that I found it weird feeling. I'm sure I mentioned this before. I have two compressed discs in my neck and in general affects the left side of my body because it compresses a main nerve. I typically wear my watch on my left wrist and wearing one felt odd. (hard to explain) so I stopped wearing one.

I'm hoping I don't have this issue though. At the moment I haven't been too bad.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Everyone is different.

I prefer silver watches. Always have. Gold just always had a bit too much of a bling factor that just isn't me.
I'm like you with this as I always preferred silver to gold (my smartwatches are black or silver). Still, I only have one bit of jewelry as my gold HS ring and just wanted the obligatory gift ld watch to match it. Lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We'll never hit a million considering how long it took us to get to 150k!

Ah well.
Where has Sahib and Nadia been when you needed them, eh?

At least the mods don't have to edit the title again and you gotta admit, to draw lurkers in for the occasional post, a million in the title is able to generate more casual curiosity...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I'll have it by Tuesday so once I get used to wearing a watch and fiddling around with things I'll do a write up.

I haven't worn a watch in over a decade. I do like the idea of having one again though. It's tiring pulling out the phone to look at the time.

One of the reasons I stopped wearing it is that I found it weird feeling. I'm sure I mentioned this before. I have two compressed discs in my neck and in general affects the left side of my body because it compresses a main nerve. I typically wear my watch on my left wrist and wearing one felt odd. (hard to explain) so I stopped wearing one.

I'm hoping I don't have this issue though. At the moment I haven't been too bad.
Understood.

I'm in the minority who wears the watch on the right hand. Because I'm left-handed, I have never liked anything heavy on my writing hand. So that's wear I've worn bracelets and the fitbit. I wear my ring on my right hand, even though it was measured for my left. My left is slightly smaller as well.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Feing a bit tired and uninterested in doing chores today.
Didn't end up doing much, just folded clothes thes and threw out a few things. Will do the water change for the fish today.

Got up feeling like crap and if I weren't so stacked with immediate things to do at work, I'd have stayed home.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Understood.

I'm in the minority who wears the watch on the right hand. Because I'm left-handed, I have never liked anything heavy on my writing hand. So that's wear I've worn bracelets and the fitbit. I wear my ring on my right hand, even though it was measured for my left. My left is slightly smaller as well.
I would wear it on my right but like you I don't like anything on my writing hand. Not that I write that much anymore

Just what I'm used to.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Where has Sahib and Nadia been when you needed them, eh?

At least the mods don't have to edit the title again and you gotta admit, to draw lurkers in for the occasional post, a million in the title is able to generate more casual curiosity...
I wonder what Sahib is up to these days.

Hope he's well and Nadia too.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It's startling how cool it is here. The winds are quite cold.

It's getting warm again this week but last week and the weekend were basically autumn here.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

I wonder what Sahib is up to these days.

Hope he's well and Nadia too.
Hope they both are OK. I think Nadia was interested in being a doctor and getting up getting married at some point. Remember, she was from KSA, so it would have been interesting to get some insight as to what's going on there.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So Tio 45 wants to buy Greenland. In typical pseduo dictatorship fanboyism, I guess since he can't annex it, he want to Amex it. Betcha if he could he'd make it into a state as a dig as Puerto Rico too.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So Tio 45 wants to buy Greenland. In typical pseduo dictatorship fanboyism, I guess since he can't annex it, he want to Amex it. Betcha if he could he'd make it into a state as a dig as Puerto Rico too.

As I'm sure you know this is pure distraction nonsense. There's zero chance of him buying it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb