WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Here's an old photo taken in the late 70s. A family photo infront of the mansion. Under the blistering hot tropical morning sun...
1f07890dd2ead049fd75d77f9eed032a.jpg

Having the picture taken was such a big deal then. Everyone dresses up..

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So day one with the watch.

I'm still sorting things out with it so my review here is very basic.

So far I'm quite happy. I like the weight. It's generally comfortable. Keeping in mind I haven't worn a watch in over a decade.

It's made me realise that I have to go get my eyes checked as I can barely read the small numbers... or the small dial at the bottom.

Overall I'm happy with the watch.

The smart part of the watch I'm still figuring out but I like what I have.

I didn't hold out much hope for the step counter and I was correct it's not going to be accurate at all.

I like the idea of the programmable buttons. I'm still deciding what I want on them. Music is there currently and I was playing around with the idea of picture taking but that would only be useful if my phone were on a tripod for night photos.

I have one set for the date and it's interesting how the date works on the watch. The hands swing to one of the 12 numbers and the small numbers that are around the outer ring (I can barely see those).

So currently I'm happy. Just unfortunate about the step counter.

Edit: Notifications are pretty decent as well. :)

View attachment 141231

View attachment 141232
Looks very good.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I do like that steel and cherry wood one.

Not sure about the steel braid one though.

Thanks. :)
Hope this was useful. The milanese isn't as bad as it looks and I've found when wearing it I didn't get a ton of hair getting stuck in it. I'll likely add the black and red strap sometime next week.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So I took this test. Interesting result. It said Computer Science. Something I originally wanted to do. It's a long story...

Here's the thing with this test.

Since all of us here are pretty much in careers and have a general good knowledge of ourselves it's likely this will come up with a relatively good result, so long as you're honest with the answers. However, I object to the idea that a teenager should only be given one choice at the end of a test like this. That's not how these things should work and hopefully no one is taking this too seriously.

My wife, as you know, is a career coach, though counselor is closer, just that no one likes the term counselor. She's got a Masters degree in Career Development and is trained in the use of various psychometric testing tools. She's personally not a huge fan of them but finds it a good starting point when someone is completely at a loss.

The test she uses produces many results with rankings attached to them. The test is pretty complex and is location based. The reason for that is because careers are different depending on the country you live in.

Though this test produced a relatively good result and I'm not saying it's a bad test I just don't think it's a very good either. All the results from tests like this should be taken with some skepticism.

To give an example of why these tests don't really work sometimes.

My wife did a test on a client recently who was trying to get out of graphic design and marketing. They were tired of the industry etc. So she wanted a test. My wife didn't think it would be useful but she did it any way.

So result? Graphic design and marketing was one of the top jobs. The others all had elements of this type of work.

Why did she get this result? Several factors. She had friends who kept telling her she was good at her job. It wasn't so much the work as the company she worked for. Lastly, most likely unsure of what else would appeal to her.

That's the problem with these tests. They're good but only for those who have no idea what they want to do with themselves and need a starting point.

Lastly, on this test I found the ink blots rather interesting by forcing you to choose what you should be seeing. I saw completely different things!

Ah well.

Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed you were interested in computer science at a point, but I can kind of see that for you.

Oh wow, I wouldn't have guessed that she has a localized career test. That sounds cool to me. Ah, that sounds frustrating for her and her client. Dang. I get what you mean about the downfall of it.

I agree with you about the ink blots.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I wouldn't have guessed you were interested in computer science at a point, but I can kind of see that for you.

Oh wow, I wouldn't have guessed that she has a localized career test. That sounds cool to me. Ah, that sounds frustrating for her and her client. Dang. I get what you mean about the downfall of it.

I agree with you about the ink blots.

I actually got an award in computer science when I was in year 8 and have been pretty geeky with computers since I pretty much got my hands on one back in the early 80s. I've built quite a few rigs from scratch. Long before it was 'easy'.

I should have stuck with computers but anyway that's a long time ago. I still dabble with web design and some other things.

As for the career test. You need localised tests otherwise you may get meaningless results as job titles and schooling vary from country to country.

As for that client. My wife gets frustrated at times of course but she has a whole bunch of other things to use that she's developed along with her counseling background. She knew at the outset the test would be pointless for this client but my wife believes that people need to take the journey of discovery and she's there to guide them. My wife is very good at what she does and is very dedicated to helping people become empowered in making choices. She doesn't make choices for people, she helps guide them.

Which is why she dislikes the tests. No test can really tell you what you should be doing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Just started watching Four Weddings and a Funeral (the 2019 Mindy Kaling adaptation of it) on Hulu and I really like it. I love the fact that the friendship is strong and that each character goes through their stuff. It doesn't seem like any of the main characters only ever have good times but I'm 4 episodes in so I'll see.

I have heard of the original movie but I think I was really young when it came out so I never watched it. (Yep, Google says that I was and my parents didn't really watch stuff like that so there's no way I would have seen it.)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Just started watching Four Weddings and a Funeral (the 2019 Mindy Kaling adaptation of it) on Hulu and I really like it. I love the fact that the friendship is strong and that each character goes through their stuff. It doesn't seem like any of the main characters only ever have good times but I'm 4 episodes in so I'll see.

I have heard of the original movie but I think I was really young when it came out so I never watched it. (Yep, Google says that I was and my parents didn't really watch stuff like that so there's no way I would have seen it.)

I personally like the movie. It's definitely not a movie for kids.

The movie is a reflection on life, friends, who you really know and how well you know them.

There's a real 'Britishness' to the movie as well which I'll assume the show won't capture. British comedy and awkwardness.

Not sure I can get Hulu here.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I personally like the movie. It's definitely not a movie for kids.

The movie is a reflection on life, friends, who you really know and how well you know them.

There's a real 'Britishness' to the movie as well which I'll assume the show won't capture. British comedy and awkwardness.

Not sure I can get Hulu here.

Ooh okay, that background helps. The show sounds like this so far, which I like a lot. That also explains why I wouldn't have seen it. I don't know about the humor but I have laughed. I have noticed some particular British things (which is a given since they are based in London lol).

Ah, I wish you could.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ooh okay, that background helps. The show sounds like this so far, which I like a lot. That also explains why I wouldn't have seen it. I don't know about the humor but I have laughed. I have noticed some particular British things (which is a given since they are based in London lol).

Ah, I wish you could.

Once the show is done watch the movie and see what you think. :)

I'm not sure what I think about all this regurgitation of old movies and shows...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh, I just finished watching The Great Hack on Netflix.

If you haven't seen it yet or don't know what it's about I highly recommend it. Everyone should watch this.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Once the show is done watch the movie and see what you think. :)

I'm not sure what I think about all this regurgitation of old movies and shows...

Will do!

I understand you on that. I watched The Lion King and it was okay. The social experience was worth it over the actual movie itself.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

The reviews on IMDB are not the greatest for this. It's a mixed bag.

From what I read though it appears it doesn't really compare in story line to the movie.

So the movie may be a shock to you.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The reviews on IMDB are not the greatest for this. It's a mixed bag.

From what I read though it appears it doesn't really compare in story line to the movie.

So the movie may be a shock to you.

I believe this. The movie description sounds kinda different from the show.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium