WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have questions.
I realized how my statement could be read just now. I was and still am extra tired so I didn't notice.

By this, I meant that at work, we relocated back to our regular areas. Moving everything and trying to set up was a lot. The workstations are set up but we have different issues with each station that will be fixed at some point hopefully.

This is definitely not anything super interesting. Just glad to have my office back somewhat.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I realized how my statement could be read just now. I was and still am extra tired so I didn't notice.

By this, I meant that at work, we relocated back to our regular areas. Moving everything and trying to set up was a lot. The workstations are set up but we have different issues with each station that will be fixed at some point hopefully.

This is definitely not anything super interesting. Just glad to have my office back somewhat.
Hooray context! Hooray clarification!

https://youtu.be/BfGkhhm4vXw

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So I'm at my farm this weekend

It's been some time and let's just say things have gotten out of hand.

I'll probably take pictures.

This is going to take awhile....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
We did come down with a purpose though.

I can't remember if I mentioned my issue with residency here in France

To make a long story short.

As a partner of an EU citizen I have the right to live with her. Wherever she wants to live in the EU. However some EU countries requirements are different. But in general you need to prove you won't be a burden.

Even the UK who has one of the easier entrances because they were too lazy to set things up correctly, has an income requirement for non EU spouses.

Anyway. I have to apply for residency in any EU country I move to and so long as I prove I'm not a burden I'll get a 5 year residency permit.

Here in France that didn't happen with the first application. I got a one year. I didn't consider this an issue because I thought I'd get a five year next. But that didn't happen. Even though at this point I had my new job.

So they gave me a one year again. This is actually against EU law because it creates stress for an individual. So I used the EU system of complaint. This involved us telling our position to the Finnish bureau and then taking our case to the French bureau. Process takes 10 weeks.

Anyway after the submitting my last two quarters of earnings to them I now have a 5 year residency.

I pick up the card on Monday. They're only open in Mondays and Fridays for this.

So at least this is sorted now.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
So I'm at my farm this weekend

It's been some time and let's just say things have gotten out of hand.

I'll probably take pictures.

This is going to take awhile....
Jeez... do we live in mirrored universe? I was at the farm two days in a row. Its still fruiting season but the durians are gone, we have move on to langsat/duku (Lansium parasiticum)
2e809e964aabc0967c3421fc7689e094.jpg

b3997ac11eaee5c10609fef510dd484a.jpg

I wish we have one of those apple tree shaker to bring down the ripe fruits but unfortunately, it doesnt work that way. Its all manual work. Up the ladder, and the fruits are hand picked..
The blistering humidity and heat is not helping.

I can feel for Rue about his sticky immigration situation. I was born in the peninsular part of Malaysia but living in the state of Sabah. Same country but I need a work permit which is renewed yearly. Now that I'm retired I still need a staying permit even though my wife is local. I'll have to fill forms, submit marriage declarations duly witnessed by commissioner of oaths, etc.....
The best way to avoid all these beaurocracy is to leave the state often and get a auto 3 months visitor pass on my passport at the air/sea-port..
Immigration laws does my head in

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Jeez... do we live in mirrored universe? I was at the farm two days in a row. Its still fruiting season but the durians are gone, we have move on to langsat/duku (Lansium parasiticum)

I wish we have one of those apple tree shaker to bring down the ripe fruits but unfortunately, it doesnt work that way. Its all manual work. Up the ladder, and the fruits are hand picked..

I can feel for Rue about his sticky immigration situation. I was born in the peninsular part of Malaysia but living in the state of Sabah. Same country but I need a work permit which is renewed yearly. Now that I'm retired I still need a staying permit even though my wife is local. I'll have to fill forms, submit marriage declarations duly witnessed by commissioner of oaths, etc.....
The best way to avoid all these beaurocracy is to leave the state often and get a auto 3 months visitor pass on my passport at the air/sea-port..
We haven't got any fruit to worry about. Thankfully. It's more to do with regular maintenance.

It takes about 6 hours to do it. This time will probably take longer...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Today's real crap about the immigration situation there.

I thought mine was a pain.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So our "dear uncle" has gone to France. Hey Rue, is there any room in the dungeons of these castles over there that we can stick him in? We can put him on one section and ol Boris in the other.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
We did come down with a purpose though.

I can't remember if I mentioned my issue with residency here in France

To make a long story short.

As a partner of an EU citizen I have the right to live with her. Wherever she wants to live in the EU. However some EU countries requirements are different. But in general you need to prove you won't be a burden.

Even the UK who has one of the easier entrances because they were too lazy to set things up correctly, has an income requirement for non EU spouses.

Anyway. I have to apply for residency in any EU country I move to and so long as I prove I'm not a burden I'll get a 5 year residency permit.

Here in France that didn't happen with the first application. I got a one year. I didn't consider this an issue because I thought I'd get a five year next. But that didn't happen. Even though at this point I had my new job.

So they gave me a one year again. This is actually against EU law because it creates stress for an individual. So I used the EU system of complaint. This involved us telling our position to the Finnish bureau and then taking our case to the French bureau. Process takes 10 weeks.

Anyway after the submitting my last two quarters of earnings to them I now have a 5 year residency.

I pick up the card on Monday. They're only open in Mondays and Fridays for this.

So at least this is sorted now.
Wow this is a whole situation. Wow. Congrats on the extended residency

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hooray context! Hooray clarification!

https://youtu.be/BfGkhhm4vXw

Haha. You're funny. The last one is a no way ever in life. It's not a situation I would ever accept for myself once again. Also shows that it's no good to assume anything that is important to me.
As for my friend, not even in the area for that to change. I'm not even super anxious about that as I was before. I'm good.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Just read this and that is dumb that they have to make you do that. So silly.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Haha. You're funny. The last one is a no way ever in life. It's not a situation I would ever accept for myself once again. Also shows that it's no good to assume anything that is important to me.
As for my friend, not even in the area for that to change. I'm not even super anxious about that as I was before. I'm good.
"Laughter is the best medicine".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)