WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My cat is not usually photogenic. But this was cute.View attachment 141365
Aaaawww
After the sad incident I stay away from owning another cat. But some months back, three young strays came and adopted the backyard. My sister inlaw grew attached to them.
One of the kitten became lethargic and doesn't want to eat, it is probably infected with a blood virus. The prognosis is not good. The last episode with Mickey still fresh in my sis inlaws memory.
Cats... Sigh!!

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm itching for a change. I'm good on the tech front.

It's real with the housing thing but now I'm going down the rabbit hole of vehicles. I like my car and I chose to buy one that was 12 years old at the time I purchased it (at the time, the newer models were like $3-4k more expensive, which I didn't have). New cars are a no for me, but with these phones losing headphone jacks, I'll like Bluetooth. That is the only change I would make, aside from the few quirks I deal with occasionally.

I have a transmitter which works decently enough for my needs for this at the moment.

Edit: My car doesn't even have an aux port. I thought I would settle for that but at this point, it has to actually make sense to do that.

Edit2: The car thing is just an outlet. It doesn't make sense for me at this time. My car has been solid to me. I am still itching for a general change.

I think we went over the radio situation didn't we? If you take it to a professional service they should be able to sort something. Just depends on cost of course.

Other option is if a newer model has a similar radio layout as yours does but has Bluetooth then that's an option. Just swap it out.

One last option is dependent on the radio you have in your car. I bought a Bluetooth aftermarket add-on that attached to the CD changer port of my radio. So now I have audio Bluetooth without the annoyances of a dongle. The only thing that sucks about it is the lack of true volume control but I live with it. I had phone only Bluetooth already.

There are solutions if you want them. I constantly think about changing the radio as well.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
People keep stealing the sign at the peak so...
a79a5d7fde1b4a7a824b6400c66d350f.jpg

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you ever wanted to know the real issues behind our plastic problem. Watch this.

This should be shared to show the truth.

The companies simply don't care.

https://youtu.be/qvYZ3sbTaQ0
I have no idea why they don't just go back to reusable glass bottles. When I was a kid, soda was sold in glass bottles. There was a deposit, and people took the empty bottles back to the store, collected the deposit money, and the bottles got sent back to be reused.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I think we went over the radio situation didn't we? If you take it to a professional service they should be able to sort something. Just depends on cost of course.

Other option is if a newer model has a similar radio layout as yours does but has Bluetooth then that's an option. Just swap it out.

One last option is dependent on the radio you have in your car. I bought a Bluetooth aftermarket add-on that attached to the CD changer port of my radio. So now I have audio Bluetooth without the annoyances of a dongle. The only thing that sucks about it is the lack of true volume control but I live with it. I had phone only Bluetooth already.

There are solutions if you want them. I constantly think about changing the radio as well.

You're right. We did. Sadly, there's no newer models for sale locally. There is one but the mileage is like 5k more than mine so that gives me pause.

Your CD solution sounds great. I have a similar thing but your solution is better. I agree on the volume control. Thank you for suggesting it. I think I'll hold off, as it doesn't make sense for me to replace this yet. I should put off a big change like that for a while.

I would like to change my housing situation and that's the primary focus.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea why they don't just go back to reusable glass bottles. When I was a kid, soda was sold in glass bottles. There was a deposit, and people took the empty bottles back to the store, collected the deposit money, and the bottles got sent back to be reused.

It makes too much sense Laura. But there’s hope for the way things were, I was reading an article today about the “comeback” flip phones are making.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb