WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea why they don't just go back to reusable glass bottles. When I was a kid, soda was sold in glass bottles. There was a deposit, and people took the empty bottles back to the store, collected the deposit money, and the bottles got sent back to be reused.
If you watch the documentary it becomes obvious why they changed.

So summary for those who cant be bothered to watch

They have completely removed responsibilty from themselves for the packaging. So making it cheaper for them.

The change to plastic was due to consumer desire apparently though there's no evidence for this.

They have pushed responsibilty for the packaging to the consumer and wants nothing to do with it. To the point of blaming the consumer for littering via an environment group advertising campaign supported by large companies.

They also lobby governments to prevent any measures for them to take any responsibility for the plastic they produce.

It's not just Coca cola of course but they're all the same.

To me this tells me one thing. The only way to hurt these companies is to stop buying their product. We don't really need them anyway.

And keep in mind, there are very environmentally friendly ways that they can still get their product to the masses but they choose not to.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So last night I went to Versailles.

Every summer they do a fountains at night show on Saturdays and also fireworks.

Personally I found it a touch expensive for what it is. You only get 2 hours to see the fountains which is very difficult to do (you're basically running around if you want to see everything) and the fireworks is 20 mins which is fine but you have to be in the right spot to see everything. So not sure how I feel about the whole experience. You sort of need to decide between seeing the fountains and putting yourself in a place to watch the fireworks.

For €26 you would expect spectacular but on the whole it was a bit average. Still interesting but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for that kind of cash. It should be cheaper but this is Versailles...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So I put the Xperia 1 through its nighttime paces. On the whole it did well. Most of the mistakes with anything are probably down to my impatience and shaky hands.

It was very difficult lighting but I'm impressed.

DSC_0012-01.jpg

DSC_0023-01.jpg

DSC_0036-01.jpg

DSC_0031-01.jpg

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I just did some minor cropping and I probably didn't choose the best pictures.

I'm quite happy overall. I did some video as well and that turned out pretty good.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm doing well, thanks. I hope you are too, Ed. It's nice to see you. What's going on?

Also doing well. Currently in a broken phone state at the moment though, and trying to decide what to do. I shattered the screen on my 7+ and kept using it for a couple days until the display quit working, so I got out my 6+ which also has a cracked (but lesser cracked) screen and have been using that for the time being.

I have zero desire to buy another $1000 phone again as I’ve been contract free for about a year now and it feels great! Maybe I can find a good deal on a lightly used 7+ or maybe an 8+?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
What a hike, what a day!
1a6b283b92d6ea37a3a28d62de599c8c.jpg
91fe30833845564445f0f4b3dfde95a2.jpg
f67af8995988456eaacefd20e2c44ae5.jpg
128700e6423205a6a5134c55ed0f06c5.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Also doing well. Currently in a broken phone state at the moment though, and trying to decide what to do. I shattered the screen on my 7+ and kept using it for a couple days until the display quit working, so I got out my 6+ which also has a cracked (but lesser cracked) screen and have been using that for the time being.

I have zero desire to buy another $1000 phone again as I’ve been contract free for about a year now and it feels great! Maybe I can find a good deal on a lightly used 7+ or maybe an 8+?
Always good to hear from you Ed.
I think you should be able to find one especially since Apple is still selling the 8 series.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry you have two phones with broken screens. That's really a bummer. I don't blame you about the prices. I wouldn't spend that much for a new phone either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven