WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Outdoors..by the river. Definite going back for a overnight camping trip.
76b99b350902af0f0b3a9ed7bde43290.jpg

f77f9c7312aa74f80da2551d81867052.jpg

5e60a681050a8f300b5b1ca8aa30c6de.jpg
That looks beautiful! I love those purplish flowers.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So my brother in law has a white Pixel 3a. Can't tell if he has the regular size or XL. I like how he got a new phone and not me
He had his Honor 8 for a while.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Really enjoying the Pixel 3a so far.
Camera is solid (as expected)
Battery life is better than expected.
Display is also better than expected.
And since I don't play any games performance is similar to the S10+. I can't seem to tell a difference.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Really enjoying the Pixel 3a so far.
Camera is solid (as expected)
Battery life is better than expected.
Display is also better than expected.
And since I don't play any games performance is similar to the S10+. I can't seem to tell a difference.

Awesome! I'm glad to hear this! Do you think you'll probably hang out with it for a bit when the Pixel 4 drops or just go to the 4?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! I'm glad to hear this! Do you think you'll probably hang out with it for a bit when the Pixel 4 drops or just go to the 4?
Depends on the camera upgrade and battery life.

Otherwise I need to stay put with this 3a and flip the 8 or Xr to get the 11 Pro for the Mrs. Even with discounts the 256GB version is a pretty penny.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Recently went to the Hard Rock Hotel in A.C. for the gf's birthday. I decided to take the V40 to force myself into using the manual mode. It was a good experience. While I will state that the Mate 20 Pro would have gotten some of these shots more crisper when zoomed in, I'm still satisfied with the results. Most of these were shot in manual mode, mostly default manual mode. There were cases I did tweak shutter speed, white balance and or ISO. I'm in the minority of not being a fan of the manual mode defaulting to the wide angle lens upon first launch of the app, but I can see why. There were times when auto mode shot the scene a bit darker, but I didn't mind that at all.

Also, the current build of G cam port I have been using is so blue and yellow in hue I've stopped using it. I'm looking forward to the next trip I bring the Mate 20 Pro along to as I may play around in their manual mode.

(Mods, please approve the pictures.)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Nice shots! I especially like the Ferris wheel.
Thanks. The V40 is quite capable. While we all can't have access to Pixels/Mates/iPhones/Galaxy S models, I still think LG brings some useful stuff to the table (notice how everyone is now using a wide angle lens). I took some test videos and they were typical LG - pretty good, especially with the audio.

This camera almost makes me want the G8 to try, but I'm good with what I have. Sounds like if you can get a V50 on a good deal, Laura, you may like it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. The V40 is quite capable. While we all can't have access to Pixels/Mates/iPhones/Galaxy S models, I still think LG brings some useful stuff to the table (notice how everyone is now using a wide angle lens). I took some test videos and they were typical LG - pretty good, especially with the audio.

This camera almost makes me want the G8 to try, but I'm good with what I have. Sounds like if you can get a V50 on a good deal, Laura, you may like it.
Yeah, I'm still waiting. I definitely want a V50, but not for the current prices.

I definitely prefer manual camera on the V20. I know I'll like the V50 manual camera for that reason.

I'm not into the G line, since the V line has the DAC that I much prefer.

For some reason I never got into video. My dad had an 8mm movie camera when I was a kid, many family members and friends had camcorders, and one friend even majored in film at university. However, I've never shot any video at all on any device for whatever reason. I've only taken an interest in still photography.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for asking. I'm just busy offline with starting the process of making some changes. Not much has changed in that regard, as it's a long process.
You're welcome.
Ah okay. I'm just glad to hear from you. I wish you the best with the changes you are working on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99