A short river boat ride in HCMC
3ecbd44fa647f25f49d882807fb91770.jpg
9f4b7e6a99b08078b09f812b593cc526.jpg
6030409788f8a841afeac7d60502eb9b.jpg
ec2f08f782d67ab481f1baeb8b290d12.jpg

and dinner
5ecbd2dfdb7e3d1268a6f2fb111c4632.jpg
3e990b6898611949e47c8116b2636477.jpg
Ooh! That looks so amazing. I'd love to take an holiday there.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I cannot wait until Monday, when I'll walk more dogs. There are many new arrivals at the kennel. Hopefully, many of these cute dogs will already be adopted before I arrive on Monday. I'm sure I'll meet some new dogs on Monday.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So a quick update on my phone.

Yesterday I decided to do a complete refresh of my phone. I'm not sure but something didn't seem right so I thought that was the best thing to do. It may have been a GCam port I tried or possibly something else. In any case I did the reset from PC.

Overall it went well aside from me not backing up a couple of things prior to doing the reset. Not a big deal.

Android is still a bit messy when doing a restore. They really got to fix that. I also hate that Sony turns on NFC automatically.

Overall things feel a lot better and on top of thati was surprised to find Wifi calling on my phone! I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before.

So overall pretty pleased with the result. I'll be curious to see if the camera works a bit better. Fingerprint scanner is still as pain though. I really miss the power button combo.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Today we're heading into Paris for as vegan fest. Not sure what pictures I'll take.

We're also heading to a shopping mall in hopes of seeing a Sony Xperia 5 in a different colour than black.

My wife is thinking about the red bit still isn't sure about the phone in general. Not because she doesn't like it but because of the size.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Ooh! That looks so amazing. I'd love to take an holiday there.
You should. If you have been to this region (South-East Asia) all the place feels similar geographically but different culturally.
The food here has been really great so far and the coffee... amazing!! From the street vendors, to the cafes up to the high-end franchises.. gotta try them all!!
Another week to go...
8f8645909f99886c60b362a89e292de1.jpg
f3b10a5e5e5dec96dea7b326f96a9768.jpg

8c9e5b8d54ff3246aa8dc0e7b757c7fb.jpg

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about upgrading my Asus T100 so I can start to get a few things done. Was looking at the Surface line a bit after I thumbed through the Asus stuff and was a bit lukewarm with what I saw.

Likely a Surface Laptop 2 (i5 256GB model). While I liked what I saw in the Surface Pro line, I don't use the T100 in tablet mode once I switched over to an Android tab as media consumption. If I can get one for $700, that would work as I know I'll keep it for a few years (T100 is 6 years old).

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My wife is thinking about the red bit still isn't sure about the phone in general. Not because she doesn't like it but because of the size.
Saw the Xperia 1 in person yesterday. As a guy with big mitts, I can say it felt weird. The width felt fine and I could hold the phone in a normal fashion and easily reach the top 2/3 of the display with my thumb. It's when text input becomes necessary that the proverbial monkey wrench makes its presence felt. I can't remember if the keyboard can be slid across the display on Android like you could with Windows but that would be a problem with me. I can only imagine how this would affect a woman, unless she's Elena Delle Donne.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Thinking about upgrading my Asus T100 so I can start to get a few things done. Was looking at the Surface line a bit after I thumbed through the Asus stuff and was a bit lukewarm with what I saw.

Likely a Surface Laptop 2 (i5 256GB model). While I liked what I saw in the Surface Pro line, I don't use the T100 in tablet mode once I switched over to an Android tab as media consumption. If I can get one for $700, that would work as I know I'll keep it for a few years (T100 is 6 years old).
Search is still being expanded. Looks like the Matebook is on the list. We will see what comes of it. I would prefer USB - C so I'm not running around with a ton of different chargers.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
There's a $499 deal on a Lenovo Flex 14 with i5, 8GB/256GB on Staples today @MSFTisMIA
Thanks for the tip, just researching and not looking to make a purchase today. This looks like it's a good base and when you upgrade the RAM, it runs better.

If I browse at the high end stuffs:

Surface Laptop gives me the USB A port (I got a mean USB hub that runs swell on the T100 to give me port access) at the cost of the proprietary charger

Huawei Matebook X Pro gives me USB-C and the USB-A the cost of the geopolitics and the Matebook 13 gives me a cheaper, smaller version at the cost of geopolitics and a loss of the USB-A port.

Asus gives me all the ports I want but ain't a touch screen. The Dell stuff or HP don't interest me.

Good thing I have time to decide. If I were guessing, it's between the Matebook 13 and the Surface 2 laptop.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got a new toy, one which none of you would expect. It's a blue Samsung Galaxy S10+.

The microphone on my LG V20 bit the dust, so nobody could hear me unless I used Bluetooth. I could've gotten a V50, but it was just as expensive as the S10+, so I opted for the Samsung, which is my first Samsung device. A Spigen clear case and a screen protector are arriving from Amazon tomorrow.

I have everything set up on the Sammy and removed my account from the LG and did FDR (in the proper order).

Now I just need to play with the camera. I'll do a mini review once I've used the S10+ more.
59a482eb357f7bc9f3c7331704b300ec.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, I got a new toy, one which none of you would expect. It's a blue Samsung Galaxy S10+.

The microphone on my LG V20 bit the dust, so nobody could hear me unless I used Bluetooth. I could've gotten a V50, but it was just as expensive as the S10+, so I opted for the Samsung, which is my first Samsung device. A Spigen clear case and a screen protector are arriving from Amazon tomorrow.

I have everything set up on the Sammy and removed my account from the LG and did FDR (in the proper order).

Now I just need to play with the camera. I'll do a mini review once I've used the S10+ more.

Wow! Congrats! I'll be looking forward to your mini review. How is the size for you so far?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Saw the Xperia 1 in person yesterday. As a guy with big mitts, I can say it felt weird. The width felt fine and I could hold the phone in a normal fashion and easily reach the top 2/3 of the display with my thumb. It's when text input becomes necessary that the proverbial monkey wrench makes its presence felt. I can't remember if the keyboard can be slid across the display on Android like you could with Windows but that would be a problem with me. I can only imagine how this would affect a woman, unless she's Elena Delle Donne.
I have big mits like yourself.

This is my first large phone and I thought I was going to find it weird but I didn't.

There is a one handed mode. I use Gboard which has swipe keyboard but I think most do on Android.

Overall I like the experience and the tall aspect doesn't bother me.

However, my wife has decided she's not that keen...

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So update on the phone situation for my wife.

She's not fond of the tall skinny look of the Sony Xperia 5 and she's over having the camera in the corner as like me she has a tendency to grab the phone from there. These two things kill the idea of the Xperia 5.

So she's decided to get a Nokia 9 Pureview. With full understanding of its short comings.

If the Nokia becomes too painful we'll sell it and she'll likely get a Xperia 1 in purple if the new Nokia Pureview isn't out yet.

So that's where things are currently.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

Congrats! Though I'm not a huge fan of Samsung I do like their new phones and I hope it works for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss