WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
For work stuff I threw in the towel and went Xr and iPad Pro 10.5 route. Make sure you check Pencil compatibility before you get any iPad model. The Logitech Crayon is a good alternative for certain iPad devices as well.

I do have a HP 2-in-1 issued by work as well.

Good luck with your search @MSFTisMIA
Yeah, looks like I'm going to have to go that route for my own personal aims. I'll be sure to double check the iPad for pencil support before purchase. I will likely wait and get the iPhone 11 or the SE2 if that gets launched.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm all for them playing hard, as long as the Astros still roast the hell out of them.
Your position is understandable, considering your loyalty. In my opinion, the Astros have went far enough and frequently enough in recent years. A change would be nice. That's all I'll say on that.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Your position is understandable, considering your loyalty. In my opinion, the Astros have went far enough and frequently enough in recent years. A change would be nice. That's all I'll say on that.
You should use them as a point to emulate. Their first world series appearance was in 2005 (NL, losing to the White Sox), with the other being in 2017. I could argue that the Nationals have had a longer stretch of winning over the last few years than the Astros, with 5 90+ win campaigns and no losing records since 2012. In that same stretch, Houston has has 3 100-win seasons and 2 100-loss seasons. I'm glad your team finally broke through as it was some massive underachieving happening in DC with those talented clubs over that same stretch.

I'm a Mets fan so I'm fine with the Nats getting roasted. I was salty when Florida and Philly and Atlanta had good years too. I disliked Harper on your team and like him less in Philly.

But I give credit where credit is due - Max and (especially) Ryan Zimmerman are the only guys on that team I tip my hat to. If you guys win, I'll be happy for Zimmerman.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Had my Lumia830 reverted from W10 to WP8.1/Denim for the longest time, perhaps six months back.... Guess it's time to move it again to W10.... Before the world ends... Oh what fun I'm having before it's too late!!!
ff939d927c6e39f503abf03a18551589.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You should use them as a point to emulate. Their first world series appearance was in 2005 (NL, losing to the White Sox), with the other being in 2017. I could argue that the Nationals have had a longer stretch of winning over the last few years than the Astros, with 5 90+ win campaigns and no losing records since 2012. In that same stretch, Houston has has 3 100-win seasons and 2 100-loss seasons. I'm glad your team finally broke through as it was some massive underachieving happening in DC with those talented clubs over that same stretch.

I'm a Mets fan so I'm fine with the Nats getting roasted. I was salty when Florida and Philly and Atlanta had good years too. I disliked Harper on your team and like him less in Philly.

But I give credit where credit is due - Max and (especially) Ryan Zimmerman are the only guys on that team I tip my hat to. If you guys win, I'll be happy for Zimmerman.

That's a valid point about the Astros and the Nats. I recall that you are a Mets fan for sure.

My thoughts about Bryce in Philly might mirror yours as I shared many jokes about that lol.

I get you on that. The only Jersey that I have is a Zimmerman one.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Since the topic is sort of sports at the moment I thought I would mention something I watched last night and give my opinion on it.

No it wasn't sports but sort of sports related. I know surprise!

Last night we decided to watch The Game Changers documentary. It's on Netflix if anyone is interested. (I know I said I cancelled my subscription but my wife got a 30 day free trial).

So if you haven't heard of this documentary, it's a doco on plant based (vegan) health benefits. It's produced by James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jackie Chan. Only Arnold really shows up in the doco. I'll make a comment on that later. So a little bit bigger budget than the usual ones I've seen.

It's a typical setup. A guy (James Wilks) goes in search of the best way to recover from an injury and explores the options landing on plant based diet as being the optimal. This is sort of similar to other docos I watched.

Now if you looked up any of the criticisms about this you may have heard it doesn't feature many women and to be specific appears to be targeting men. To put it bluntly, that was the whole point of this doco. The idea that 'Only real men eat meat' is a claim they were challenging. Putting it down to pure marketing hype to make people eat more meat. Nothing better than stroking people's egos, especially men.

So why target men? Simple, from a plant based statistic, women are more likely to switch and stick to the diet then men. Why? Possibly a multitude of reasons. They don't talk about this in the doco but it's a well known statistic. Let's not forget all the put downs that have been targeted at plant based eaters over the years as being weak and wimpy (though sometimes warranted). They talk about this in the doco.

I give this doco a 4/5. My reasoning is that on the whole it was good and provided some great science, all of which is referenced and available on the website. They had a lot of experts, many I haven't seen before and it was great to see that as well.

They didn't really go into animal welfare (a big thing for a lot of vegans), sort of mentioned it, they discussed briefly the environmental impact of animal farming and it's carbon footprint. A well known statistic that it's the equivalent of all transport, 13% and the large water usage.

Their focus was mainly on the health benefits and the new science behind it. They even brought up the fact that the paleo diet is based on false premises. Early humans were mostly vegetarian (apparently).

I liked that they made the information accessible to people.

So why is this sports related? Well, they have a lot of sports people in it. Body builders, football players (US), boxing, track, etc.

And then there's Arnold. Who is not vegan, though they sort of imply it in the movie. So why is he there? Not sure but I think it's a way to say, it doesn't have to be all or nothing and it's ok to have a journey to becoming plant based. At least that's what I get out of it. He's gone more plant based but still has eggs and the occasional steak.

It kind of messes up the other science of the doco though but it's a way I guess to appeal to men.

If you've never watched anything on plant based diet this is a good starting point for anyone. Just go in with the knowledge that it's focus on changing men's mindset but most of the science is for everyone. There is one bit that is very male specific.

Also keep in mind that some of the science may be a bit new and still needs testing though I don't know enough to say one way or the other. That's one of the issues with docos like this. They say a lot but you just never know if it's 100% correct and you can't trust those who criticize because they may be doing so purposely.

Life is too complicated these days...

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Since the topic is sort of sports at the moment I thought I would mention something I watched last night and give my opinion on it.

No it wasn't sports but sort of sports related. I know surprise!

Last night we decided to watch The Game Changers documentary. It's on Netflix if anyone is interested. (I know I said I cancelled my subscription but my wife got a 30 day free trial).

So if you haven't heard of this documentary, it's a doco on plant based (vegan) health benefits. It's produced by James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jackie Chan. Only Arnold really shows up in the doco. I'll make a comment on that later. So a little bit bigger budget than the usual ones I've seen.

It's a typical setup. A guy (James Wilks) goes in search of the best way to recover from an injury and explores the options landing on plant based diet as being the optimal. This is sort of similar to other docos I watched.

Now if you looked up any of the criticisms about this you may have heard it doesn't feature many women and to be specific appears to be targeting men. To put it bluntly, that was the whole point of this doco. The idea that 'Only real men eat meat' is a claim they were challenging. Putting it down to pure marketing hype to make people eat more meat. Nothing better than stroking people's egos, especially men.

So why target men? Simple, from a plant based statistic, women are more likely to switch and stick to the diet then men. Why? Possibly a multitude of reasons. They don't talk about this in the doco but it's a well known statistic. Let's not forget all the put downs that have been targeted at plant based eaters over the years as being weak and wimpy (though sometimes warranted). They talk about this in the doco.

I give this doco a 4/5. My reasoning is that on the whole it was good and provided some great science, all of which is referenced and available on the website. They had a lot of experts, many I haven't seen before and it was great to see that as well.

They didn't really go into animal welfare (a big thing for a lot of vegans), sort of mentioned it, they discussed briefly the environmental impact of animal farming and it's carbon footprint. A well known statistic that it's the equivalent of all transport, 13% and the large water usage.

Their focus was mainly on the health benefits and the new science behind it. They even brought up the fact that the paleo diet is based on false premises. Early humans were mostly vegetarian (apparently).

I liked that they made the information accessible to people.

So why is this sports related? Well, they have a lot of sports people in it. Body builders, football players (US), boxing, track, etc.

And then there's Arnold. Who is not vegan, though they sort of imply it in the movie. So why is he there? Not sure but I think it's a way to say, it doesn't have to be all or nothing and it's ok to have a journey to becoming plant based. At least that's what I get out of it. He's gone more plant based but still has eggs and the occasional steak.

It kind of messes up the other science of the doco though but it's a way I guess to appeal to men.

If you've never watched anything on plant based diet this is a good starting point for anyone. Just go in with the knowledge that it's focus on changing men's mindset but most of the science is for everyone. There is one bit that is very male specific.

Also keep in mind that some of the science may be a bit new and still needs testing though I don't know enough to say one way or the other. That's one of the issues with docos like this. They say a lot but you just never know if it's 100% correct and you can't trust those who criticize because they may be doing so purposely.

Life is too complicated these days...
This sounds really interesting, thank you for sharing!
I don't have Netflix but I'm curious so I might do a trial.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12