WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
We use oat cream and non dairy butter that taste like butter.

You can use scallops and mushrooms together we did think of adding regular mushrooms but decided against it.

If you plan to use the king oyster mushrooms I highly recommend you marinate them for about 20 mins. You can search for other methods but this will work.

Marinade
2 tablespoons of fish stock (you can buy a veggie version if you want)
About a 1/4 cup of water so it's more of a loose paste than a stock
Minced garlic
Salt

Add the remaining marinade to the dish when you're making it. Add just after the wine.

I forgot the garlic in the original recipe but have since added it.
Thanks. I'll cook this for the gf within the next few weeks. She cannot eat white pasta (and traditional whole wheat ain't that much better for her), so we do the alternative stuffs like the chick peas based or the ones mixed with grains like quinoa.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Since we're talking about phones.

Just got the October update. Yeah Sony has been a bit slack.

However, it looks like they finally fixed the fingerprint scanner. It appears to be working a lot better.

I haven't looked into the camera much but it did seem quicker as well.

So all good.
Nice.

I'm curious about your wife's experience with the Xperia 5 once she starts using it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I'll cook this for the gf within the next few weeks. She cannot eat white pasta (and traditional whole wheat ain't that much better for her), so we do the alternative stuffs like the chick peas based or the ones mixed with grains like quinoa.

We found it difficult to find good gluten free pasta. I think we only found one that was decent but even then it was not that great.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nice.

I'm curious about your wife's experience with the Xperia 5 once she starts using it.

It will probably show up next week some time. It has to be updated before she uses it otherwise the fingerprint scanner may cause her grief. It is significantly better now. I just hope she's happier with the 5 which I'm sure she will be. It won't be perfect but better.

I haven't heard back about the Nokia 9 yet. That's a bit annoying. It's not like it was cheap...

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
That looks really good! Do y'all plan to make it again? I don't like seafood so this sounds up my alley.

Yeah plan to make it again. We didn't cook the king oyster mushrooms long enough to make them soft. So there will be a try number two. Unlike other places though France is very seasonal so we only have a limited time before the mushrooms are no longer in season.

In the future I plan to grow my own mushrooms.

You don't need to marinade the mushrooms if you don't want a seafood taste. This is a seafood tasting dish overall though.

If you just want to try the 'scallops' you could do an Asian dish and use soy sauce to marinade or even a hoisin sauce with some garlic. Then make a nice veggie packed fried rice. :)

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I finally got some time to set up my Apple Watch 4 LTE today morning. So far so good. Still figuring out what I want on the main Infograph watchface.
It does feel a tad bit heavier than my original Apple Watch that I had been wearing since May.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It was a fun exercise signing up for benefits today (last day and all).

I caved in and switched to a high deductible HSA plan. We'll see how it goes.
Good luck. I left my benefits unchanged as open enrollment was the end of last month. The insurance is useless for some of the things I do. Sigh.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Afternoon cup...
4061d6abf5e008bb178ce175b2972589.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Got my flights and hotel reservations sorted for China.

Need a few more things.
High Speed Train ticket to Guilin
Hotel in Guilin
One day tour in Guilin
One way flight to Beijing
Two day tour in Beijing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss