WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
So here’s a great story from China. I saw a spicy hot pot place on my way back from the riverfront and decided to eat dinner there.

I forgot to change dollars to yuan before I went for the little walking tour. I tried two different bank ATMs to withdraw cash but no luck. Also since it’s Sunday the banks were closed.

I asked the hostess if I could use my credit card. She said yes. The waitress was super helpful in picking out the ingredients since the entire menu was in Chinese and she spoke little English. About three people used a translator and got my order placed. The food was great, ultra spicy (no pictures because Pixel 3a was dead). Once I was done we tried all my credit cards but no luck.

I explained to them that my hotel was a 5 minute walk. The waitress and the store manager walked with me to the hotel where I got money changed and we walked back to the restaurant to settle the account. They lent me a charger at the restaurant so that I could take a couple of pictures with them as a great memory of Guangzhou. All along they apologized profusely since my cards wouldn’t work with their credit card machine.

I learnt that the waitress is a student and she is now determined to become proficient in English. Oh and they all refused to accept a tip for all the trouble I caused.

Such great hospitality.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Back to the old house for a week. Finally gonna get all the packing done. The movers will arrive this coming Friday with a container.
Its hard to believe the things we accumulated over the past 15 years, even though we promised ourselves not to get stuff. Several months back we rid a lot of things we no longer need and gave away quite a bit of the bigger things like beds & furniture, stereo, kitchen appliances etc We're putting the house on the market, hopefully it'll fetch a decent price. We then can use the money towards the farm.
We are moving into my wife's childhood old single storey linked city house in Kota Kinabalu. The house is much smaller...we are downsizing!!!!.. but it's ideal since it just the two of us.
Hope our stuff fits into the container!!!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello from the great firewall of China.
190e1b3bf1ec9df65a3720576c3e8e0e.jpg
So...does Mobile Nations count too?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I do wonder how people find the motivation to exercise when it's cold outside. By that, I mean people who don't do gyms and do things like biking, running, walking or even hiking (not familiar with this personally, outside of knowing that it is a thing that people do).
People are always motivated by the things that they find important to themselves.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So here’s a great story from China. I saw a spicy hot pot place on my way back from the riverfront and decided to eat dinner there.

I forgot to change dollars to yuan before I went for the little walking tour. I tried two different bank ATMs to withdraw cash but no luck. Also since it’s Sunday the banks were closed.

I asked the hostess if I could use my credit card. She said yes. The waitress was super helpful in picking out the ingredients since the entire menu was in Chinese and she spoke little English. About three people used a translator and got my order placed. The food was great, ultra spicy (no pictures because Pixel 3a was dead). Once I was done we tried all my credit cards but no luck.

I explained to them that my hotel was a 5 minute walk. The waitress and the store manager walked with me to the hotel where I got money changed and we walked back to the restaurant to settle the account. They lent me a charger at the restaurant so that I could take a couple of pictures with them as a great memory of Guangzhou. All along they apologized profusely since my cards wouldn’t work with their credit card machine.

I learnt that the waitress is a student and she is now determined to become proficient in English. Oh and they all refused to accept a tip for all the trouble I caused.

Such great hospitality.
This is a great example of people on the hustle in the right way. I bet you that waitress is going to remember you in her own way once she gets better at English.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Back to the old house for a week. Finally gonna get all the packing done. The movers will arrive this coming Friday with a container.
Its hard to believe the things we accumulated over the past 15 years, even though we promised ourselves not to get stuff. Several months back we rid a lot of things we no longer need and gave away quite a bit of the bigger things like beds & furniture, stereo, kitchen appliances etc We're putting the house on the market, hopefully it'll fetch a decent price. We then can use the money towards the farm.
We are moving into my wife's childhood old single storey linked city house in Kota Kinabalu. The house is much smaller...we are downsizing!!!!.. but it's ideal since it just the two of us.
It's amazing what you accumulate and you own see this when you have to move. I was in my apartment for scene years and I tried not to add in too much stuff. When I downsized two years ago to move in with the gf, I was just shaking my head as I did the clearing out process of the amount of stuff I had. She's been in her apartment for 20 years and she did a partial cleaning recently. She was complaining about how much **** she has.

If she has to move, it'll take her eons to pack.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure what our Xmas situation will be currently so no plans for decorations at this point.
I'm not really a holiday decorating person. Growing up, that stuff used to give my aunt joy and I just helped. Otherwise, I'm fine without having decorations up. If I had kids I'd still feel the same way, but of course you put out that stuffs for them.

She likes the decorations so I just go along with it.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
It's amazing what you accumulate and you own see this when you have to move. I was in my apartment for scene years and I tried not to add in too much stuff. When I downsized two years ago to move in with the gf, I was just shaking my head as I did the clearing out process of the amount of stuff I had. She's been in her apartment for 20 years and she did a partial cleaning recently. She was complaining about how much **** she has.

If she has to move, it'll take her eons to pack.
I know..
the magazines, the VHS & cassette tapes, the CD/VCD/DVDs...
talking about disks, I have about a hundred unused DVD-R/RWs. This was all the rage to burn to disk back then.... these blanks has ceramic coating on one side that is printable... "Back in those misty olden days, we had colour printers that could print directly on the CD!"
It's the nature of tech things to be doomed into obsolescence as soon as it emerges

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I know..
the magazines, the VHS & cassette tapes, the CD/VCD/DVDs...
talking about disks, I have about a hundred unused DVD-R/RWs. This was all the rage to burn to disk back then.... these blanks has ceramic coating on one side that is printable... "Back in those misty olden days, we had colour printers that could print directly on the CD!"
It's the nature of tech things to be doomed into obsolescence as soon as it emerges
I got a ton of burned CDs. I rather had offloaded my data onto those than to keep them stuck on a drive. Yup, that was the rage indeed.

People will still have an affinity for local storage. All the stuff we use now as you've rightfully said will become anitquated. Which is why overproduction of certain things is so concerning for the planet.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey Laura! I know your Browns are fighting to save their season, but swinging helmets ain't the way to go about it...

... meanwhile in Duvall County, we are still treading water.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey Laura! I know your Browns are fighting to save their season, but swinging helmets ain't the way to go about it...

... meanwhile in Duvall County, we are still treading water.
Yeah, I blame the coach for the lack of discipline. Garrett was never a troublemaker in the past. I also agree with his suspension.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Such great hospitality.

What a story! Wow...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I wish y'all good luck with that. Take many breaks, lol. At a point, it will probably be easier to just get rid of stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion