WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
This is true but still hard to picture. For hiking, I figure that your body heat really helps with that.
Yup. If hiking uphill (or downhill in the canyon) the body warms up very very quickly. I once went for a hike in upstate New York in snow and moonlight. Outside temperature was 4F. I was absolutely drenched by the time I was down from the mountain. Most of the time I am always a layer or two more and that means lots of perspiration with the exertion.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
View from the hotel. Although right now most of the lights are off. It's 6AM here.
6ce678b30b155b4147112f5a430083b5.jpg

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Walked down to the river to see the skyline and the site of the Asian Games. The Guangzhou Light Festival starts today so I will see if we get to go with our hosts one of the evenings.

7b89a4066b9045ecc17003dfefcb76ab.jpg
1be7f761fe7137a56a3f1485f130ddc7.jpg

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
My Christmas tree is more than 10yrs.. 7foot plastic thingy.. looks a bit sparse to be honest. I need to add more shiny glittery things on it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My Christmas tree is more than 10yrs.. 7foot plastic thingy.. looks a bit sparse to be honest. I need to add more shiny glittery things on it.
I have a little 3 foot artificial tree that is probably older than I am. It belonged to my maternal grandparents, and I inherited it when they passed away 25 years ago.

I don't put it up until after Thanksgiving.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Growing up here not many homes had a Christmas tree, in the 60s. Some would go down to big cities like Kuala Lumpur or even Singapore where the big departmental stores sells imported Christmasy things. It was very expensive then, so we never had a tree until my elder brother started working and bought a 4footer. Some of my uncles could fashion a tree out of dried branches, wire and green crepe paper!!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
That's what my aunt did...bought a mini plastic tree she used for eons each year as she partly decorated the house I grew up in. Had a social spot in the closet for the tree and her decorations too.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Ages and ages before anything digital, this was the time of the year to buy and post Christmas cards to overseas relatives and friends....
Haven't posted or received a Christmas for a long... can't even remember when was the last time I licked a postage stamp. I think it had a mint taste
Anyone made their own Christmas greeting cards...??

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Ages and ages before anything digital, this was the time of the year to buy and post Christmas cards to overseas relatives and friends....
Haven't posted or received a Christmas for a long... can't even remember when was the last time I licked a postage stamp. I think it had a mint taste
Anyone made their own Christmas greeting cards...??
Liked a stamp for work on Thursday. Mint wasn't what I tasted.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Monday, eh? Color me unsurprised.
Trying to get centered to go work while on a crowded train with a dude on his bicycle blasting trap music. Gardening tools, female canines, counterfeit bills, illegal narcotics, Richard straddling, overpriced alcohol and the code is something I'd be more open to hear about after lunch...not the first thing going into work.

Last edited:

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Packing up is already stressful.. now there a watercut for entire housing estate that's gonna last three days... seriously??!!
Luckily there is a biggish backup PVC watertank up in the roof... it'll do for baths and cleaning up ...but not for drinking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077