WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Packing up is already stressful.. now there a watercut for entire housing estate that's gonna last three days... seriously??!!
Luckily there is a biggish backup PVC watertank up in the roof... it'll do for baths and cleaning up ...but not for drinking.
I'm a veteran of those things.

#gallonbucketbaths!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Ages and ages before anything digital, this was the time of the year to buy and post Christmas cards to overseas relatives and friends....
Haven't posted or received a Christmas for a long... can't even remember when was the last time I licked a postage stamp. I think it had a mint taste
Anyone made their own Christmas greeting cards...??

Nope. Christmas greeting cards aren't really my thing right now. Maybe that might be look different if I was with someone who was into that. I do think the thought is sweet though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed that Swappa has a beta of Swappa Local. It seems interesting. I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on it or has tried it?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that Swappa has a beta of Swappa Local. It seems interesting. I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on it or has tried it?
I tried a Swappa local style service before...it used to be called Craigslist. Lol.

All jokes aside, I don't have any intention of using their local service before. Having did the dumpster diving on Craigslist, I'm now in a place where for my convenience it's better to just get the item shipped to my PO Box vs going through the shenanigans of an in person meet.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So current update on the phone situation.

The Nokia 9 is coming back as is the wireless charging pad.

My wife has cancelled her Sony Xperia 5 as it was coming from the same company and she was unsure of it anyway. It also appears to be stuck somewhere... This company has lost all creditability now.

She's suggest getting the USB port fixed on the XZ as that's what she's currently using and likes the size. The battery is atrocious though. I suggested getting an XZ3 but can't seem to find any that are silver at a decent price.

So it's a question mark as to what we do now.

Until I get the phone back I'm unsure what to do.

The market for the Nokia 9 is dismal at best. It was used for a total of 6 days. Unfortunately doesn't mean anything.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So current update on the phone situation.

The Nokia 9 is coming back as is the wireless charging pad.

My wife has cancelled her Sony Xperia 5 as it was coming from the same company and she was unsure of it anyway. It also appears to be stuck somewhere... This company has lost all creditability now.

She's suggest getting the USB port fixed on the XZ as that's what she's currently using and likes the size. The battery is atrocious though. I suggested getting an XZ3 but can't seem to find any that are silver at a decent price.

So it's a question mark as to what we do now.

Until I get the phone back I'm unsure what to do.

The market for the Nokia 9 is dismal at best. It was used for a total of 6 days. Unfortunately doesn't mean anything.
I hope it's not the Hong Kong crew causing you problems. If it is, that's so unfortunate.

This is the issue that people have with Android. If you're using a relatively unpopular handset, replacement parts tend to get hard to find. And the repair costs don't get cheaper. I'd have done a battery swap and USB C port swap as well. The issue there is finding a good repair shop that wouldn't break the screen in doing the repairs. Plus your IP rating will go down once it's repaired.
It may not be worth all that work, which is what the OEM wants to sell you a new phone.

I can hear the penny section on removable batteries yelling loudly. They have good reason, but Apple has defined that market so much that sealed slabs are the norm going forward.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I hope it's not the Hong Kong crew causing you problems. If it is, that's so unfortunate.

This is the issue that people have with Android. If you're using a relatively unpopular handset, replacement parts tend to get hard to find. And the repair costs don't get cheaper. I'd have done a battery swap and USB C port swap as well. The issue there is finding a good repair shop that wouldn't break the screen in doing the repairs. Plus your IP rating will go down once it's repaired.
It may not be worth all that work, which is what the OEM wants to sell you a new phone.

I can hear the penny section on removable batteries yelling loudly. They have good reason, but Apple has defined that market so much that sealed slabs are the norm going forward.

Yeah it's the place I've bought other phones from. Their return policy is garbage so never dealing with them again. I've learnt my lesson. Cheap is great so long as you abide by the rules of cheap. In other words, expect crap service and expenses when dealing with the company that sold it to you.

With the X5. It's been a headache since she paid for it. It should be here by now but it was out of stock and now it's apparently stuck in customs. We've had no information from them at all so my wife told them we want a refund immediately. They said they can't do it until it comes out of customs. I don't know what to think. There's something not right.

As for getting the XZ repaired that's an issue. Do we pay for the repair and new battery and if things go wrong then we pay for a new screen? It's a hard one. I'd rather she just got a X5 locally or got the XZ3. Either or. Unfortunately she really dislikes a black phones and trying to find silver XZ3 is proving difficult.

Also she's not a fan of the XZ camera and it's not going to get updated so I don't see the point really.

She's contemplated using the Nokia 9 but I doubt she'll get 'used' to it.

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So on Friday I went to get apply for my Canadian passport. Because of the location we had to go through the Arc de Triomph roundabout and I took a video. So here's an idea what this is like.

[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BUVc8tlO7n-S34Y_rF1r2RiRXSE1op81[/video]

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Here's another video of us driving into Paris. Due to where we typically end up we do a lot of driving along the River Seine.

[video]https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hYlTceIRwgXWEvYQ-IYthFCPrNDDw0G_[/video]

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's the place I've bought other phones from. Their return policy is garbage so never dealing with them again. I've learnt my lesson. Cheap is great so long as you abide by the rules of cheap. In other words, expect crap service and expenses when dealing with the company that sold it to you.

With the X5. It's been a headache since she paid for it. It should be here by now but it was out of stock and now it's apparently stuck in customs. We've had no information from them at all so my wife told them we want a refund immediately. They said they can't do it until it comes out of customs. I don't know what to think. There's something not right.

As for getting the XZ repaired that's an issue. Do we pay for the repair and new batter and if things go wrong then we pay for a new screen? It's a hard one. I'd rather she just got a X5 locally or got the XZ3. Either or. Unfortunately she really dislikes a black phones and trying to find silver is proving difficult.

Also she's not a fan of the XZ camera and it's not going to get updated so I don't see the point really.

She's contemplated using the Nokia 9 but I doubt she'll get 'used' to it.
I might suggest to put a skin on it - if you can find one. Unless she's one of those naked types. I think the XZ2 was the last models Sony did where the paint job for the bezels at front and the back of the phone matched.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey @MSFTisMIA these are for you.
04da35b4a042bd971b9f533516ff4911.jpg
1f1856afd6aaf57161560be65d4cdc08.jpg
b2647a6dc938291577ecc56e4a1cdd57.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So my friend who was a SE twin with me (we both bought them at launch but didn't know that the other did) finally upgraded to the iPhone 11. She was struggling with storage. I feel like she's the real MVP to hold on from April 2016 to November 2019. Me being me, I mentioned that I am excited for her with having improved battery life and good cameras. I'm curious how the size difference played out for her though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs