WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So it's 3PM here and haven't heard anything from the recruiter even though a texted him twice now.

In any normal country this would be seen as poor customer service (yes I am a customer). However, this is France... Welcome to French customer service. He probably won't reply until he has an answer, unlike normal situations where you'd get some feedback.

I can't say what the chances of actually finding out about the job are today but since most French people typically work to 6 or 7PM I have a few hours yet.

I wasn't informed if there were other candidates either so there's a possibility that I may not get this position at all. Not the end of the world but not what I would prefer.

So annoyingly I am waiting on an answer. I was told I'd know today but I can't really trust that.

In the end I may be annoyed and frustrated for no reason but can't help it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So it's 3PM here and haven't heard anything from the recruiter even though a texted him twice now.

In any normal country this would be seen as poor customer service (yes I am a customer). However, this is France... Welcome to French customer service. He probably won't reply until he has an answer, unlike normal situations where you'd get some feedback.

I can't say what the chances of actually finding out about the job are today but since most French people typically work to 6 or 7PM I have a few hours yet.

I wasn't informed if there were other candidates either so there's a possibility that I may not get this position at all. Not the end of the world but not what I would prefer.

So annoyingly I am waiting on an answer. I was told I'd know today but I can't really trust that.

In the end I may be annoyed and frustrated for no reason but can't help it.

Ahh, I hope that you will get an answer today before he leaves for the day.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
There was something that Rue shared a while ago about people having a set number of soulmates (but more so in the connection sense, not necessarily only romantic). I wish I took a screenshot of it. He said that his wife was one of those people for him, along with one of his best friends. I also recall him saying that you'll be lucky if you meet two or more in your lifetime. (Rue, I know you have a lot going on so don't worry about searching your memories for what you said). This randomly popped up in my mind today.

I was getting to know someone a little while back and the connection was unlike anything I ever had before. There were truly no cons at all about getting to know him. This was paused because he realized that he has to work on himself so we're just friends.

I'm talking to someone else now and the connection feels very different so I wonder if there's a point (to continue getting to know, that is).

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So the good news is I have the job. The bad news is I have no idea of the conditions currently.

Still waiting on the contract. I can't make a decision until then.

Congrats! I hope the terms will be favorable, or at least enough for you to make a decision.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
There was something that Rue shared a while ago about people having a set number of soulmates (but more so in the connection sense, not necessarily only romantic). I wish I took a screenshot of it. He said that his wife was one of those people for him, along with one of his best friends. I also recall him saying that you'll be lucky if you meet two or more in your lifetime. (Rue, I know you have a lot going on so don't worry about searching your memories for what you said). This randomly popped up in my mind today.

I was getting to know someone a little while back and the connection was unlike anything I ever had before. There were truly no cons at all about getting to know him. This was paused because he realized that he has to work on himself so we're just friends.

I'm talking to someone else now and the connection feels very different so I wonder if there's a point (to continue getting to know, that is).
https://youtu.be/iibpewIA_ik

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This was the first sales week ended in a long time that I was so apathetic. Normally I'd use this time of year to take advantage of the discounts to replinsh and replace items I use, but I was so uninterested that I didn't do much of that.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
This was the first sales week ended in a long time that I was so apathetic. Normally I'd use this time of year to take advantage of the discounts to replinsh and replace items I use, but I was so uninterested that I didn't do much of that.
The only thing I needed was a new phone, but I couldn't wait until last Friday till now, so I didn't very anything.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Well someone has to game the system.
Right?
b9d7977e32d3f9caaa170cd41bc65d9c.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
There was a sale week on? Never would have guessed... (Sarcasm alert)

Unfortunately black Friday and cyber Monday have made it here. Also Mobile Nations might as well been called Amazon Nations for the past few weeks....

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
There was a sale week on? Never would have guessed... (Sarcasm alert)

Unfortunately black Friday and cyber Monday have made it here. Also Mobile Nations might as well been called Amazon Nations for the past few weeks....
The company formerly known as Mobile Nations is now Future PLC, which is a UK based company with headquarters in Bath. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03757874

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The company formerly known as Mobile Nations is now Future PLC, which is a UK based company with headquarters in Bath. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03757874

Ah, UK based for "tax purposes" I'm sure.... I guess Brexit wasn't an issue for them. I wouldn't personally base my company in the UK at this point in time.

Though Bath is nice...

The website still says Mobile Nations though.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't fully remember what I said but basically it was more like a feeling, almost like a pull, like I had to meet or be with these people. It's difficult to put into words.

I'm not one for love at first sight or anything like that either. We have chemicals in our brains that purposely trick us into 'falling in love' as it were very quickly (typically lasting for about two years). The idea of 'sparks flying' and chemistry (literally). This is believed to be based on the idea of producing children as soon as possible. It's generally part of our genetic makeup. But of course, nothing is that simple when you're human with all the extra baggage we carry and have created.

Of course biology is messy, there are differences. Hence people with different sexuality etc.

When it comes to meeting people it's always a choice to decide to be part of their lives or not. As MIA put it with the video. Just have fun and enjoy the experiences. I think we tend to get too caught up in things too quickly.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)