WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The year is winding down. Doing the year review and am having mixed feelings about 2019, and with good reason. Shaking the tree to look at 2020 to see what I can get done, what I want to get done and what I need to get done.

Searching for the right mix of all three.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The year is winding down. Doing the year review and am having mixed feelings about 2019, and with good reason. Shaking the tree to look at 2020 to see what I can get done, what I want to get done and what I need to get done.

Searching for the right mix of all three.
There's lots to clean up, if I'm totally honest. I had some ideas that I was fleshing out and I think now it's time to start really laying the groundwork.

I suppose from a tech lens if I could I'd have gotten a HP Spectre machine, but I wanted to not overspend. I plan to add a 9 Pureview, but I may need to clean up the 100 million LGs I own. I like the Note 10, even though the battery is garbage. Still, if choosing between the Note 10 and the Xperia 5, it's the Sony, even though Samsung has the better auto mode.

We will see what I do.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So our cat is finally get used to the new surroundings.

Unfortunately this is only until the 21st then we move again and that's only for two weeks as well until we get to our month accommodation.

We're constantly looking online for places to live but it's a bit slow at the moment. Unsurprisingly.

Hoping to find something in January. Preferably unfurnished.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Unfortunately this is only until the 21st then we move again and that's only for two weeks as well until we get to our month accommodation.

We're constantly looking online for places to live but it's a bit slow at the moment. Unsurprisingly.

Hoping to find something in January. Preferably unfurnished.

I hope that you'll be able to find something that works for you.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

... tell me about it
e243cab586fb15d06e4e8d46eb85bac8.jpg

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So morning musings.

Back in 2016 (yeah that long ago) the UK held a referendum on staying in the EU. On Friday they overwhelmingly voted in the Tories who unleashed this mess due to party infighting.

They also unleashed the racists and emboldened them. Unfortunately this win has just emboldened them even more. They feel even more justification for their beliefs.

I already have stories of people getting, for lack of a better term, harassed by their neighbours for being 'foreign'. Even going so far to knock on their doors and tell them that now that the conservatives have won, "So we won't have to put up with you much longer". This was said to an Asian person born and raised in the UK. Though this is disgusting, it's fairly mild to what I'm expecting some people will get. What makes this all the more confusing is that this person being in the UK has absolutely nothing to do with the EU or even present immigration policy. I'm not entirely sure where they're getting their information from but there is nothing that's been said they're going to kick all the foreigners out, but they seem to think this is going to happen.

Not forgetting what that would do to the economy, hospitals, etc.

Ever since the referendum there's been this identity politics playing out and a overwhelming nationalism running rampant through the UK, though mostly in the North. Both are very dangerous and are really just plain silly.

There is no such thing as a True British person. Everyone in Europe are mongrels. Everyone everywhere is basically the same. What makes you anything is purely culturally based. Nothing more. Skin colour, height, eye colour, etc mean absolutely nothing in this context.

I'll never understand racism and I'll never understand nationalism either. I get where both come from but as humans we should be far beyond this now, like many other things. But such is life when you have a slightly more complex monkey brain than your closest relative.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Congratulations!
We bought the house back in 2004, the current value is about double of what we paid for 15 yrs ago. But the reality is the settling the bank loan & servicing of interest will take a huge bite out of any gains. Factor in some addition expenses, payment for local property gain tax, etc... it was not a big money return investment.
I guess we'll use some of the money to fix up the house we're moving into. It's my wife's old childhood house, which she managed to keep. And also divert some money to maintain the farm..

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So morning musings.

Back in 2016 (yeah that long ago) the UK held a referendum on staying in the EU. On Friday they overwhelmingly voted in the Tories who unleashed this mess due to party infighting.

They also unleashed the racists and emboldened them. Unfortunately this win has just emboldened them even more. They feel even more justification for their beliefs.

I already have stories of people getting, for lack of a better term, harassed by their neighbours for being 'foreign'. Even going so far to knock on their doors and tell them that now that the conservatives have won, "So we won't have to put up with you much longer". This was said to an Asian person born and raised in the UK. Though this is disgusting, it's fairly mild to what I'm expecting some people will get. What makes this all the more confusing is that this person being in the UK has absolutely nothing to do with the EU or even present immigration policy. I'm not entirely sure where they're getting their information from but there is nothing that's been said they're going to kick all the foreigners out, but they seem to think this is going to happen.

Not forgetting what that would do to the economy, hospitals, etc.

Ever since the referendum there's been this identity politics playing out and a overwhelming nationalism running rampant through the UK, though mostly in the North. Both are very dangerous and are really just plain silly.

There is no such thing as a True British person. Everyone in Europe are mongrels. Everyone everywhere is basically the same. What makes you anything is purely culturally based. Nothing more. Skin colour, height, eye colour, etc mean absolutely nothing in this context.

I'll never understand racism and I'll never understand nationalism either. I get where both come from but as humans we should be far beyond this now, like many other things. But such is life when you have a slightly more complex monkey brain than your closest relative.
"Beliefs kill, belief cures."

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It's hard when you work so hard on something and you don't even get close to the grade you thought you would get. All in all, my grade (as in the letter, not the percentage) for this class is what I hoped it will be. Even though I feel this way, I still took a picture of the feedback so that I can make corrections to my own work.

I think this hits the feels additionally because this project is what I want to do for my career. After the feeling passes, I'll make the corrections.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720