WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, the setup process is almost done.

If I were getting a Samsung device, this S10+ and the Note 10 have my favorite in hand fields of Samsung devices over the past three years.

It's a tough one. I suppose that with the devices I have access to, I'd choose the Note 10. If I were only had one device, I'd pick the S10+.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Left home at 4:40AM. Came back at 8:20PM.
Drove about 5.75 hours in absolute garbage LA traffic on a Friday. That was a really bad ending to an even crazier week.

How's everyone else's weekend going?
Watching the gf put in 40 million passwords to get her setup from the Note 5 to the S10+. The Gear Sport is the last hurdle.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting into the t-shirt business with some funny quotes. I might take a communal approach, where if people have a saying, it can be added and profits get split a certain way. Going to do some research.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, the setup process is almost done.

If I were getting a Samsung device, this S10+ and the Note 10 have my favorite in hand fields of Samsung devices over the past three years.

It's a tough one. I suppose that with the devices I have access to, I'd choose the Note 10. If I were only had one device, I'd pick the S10+.
I had the S10+ and am eyeing the Note 10. Let's see if that happens or not.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
So just an update of my first week at work.

I basically for thrown into the deep in. Barely had an introduction to the project or time to read up on anything.

With that I'm a bit annoyed. I've had constant emails asking me to review things with short timelines on things I have no idea about. So yeah it's been fun.

I also come to the understanding that I have the Cluster F### project. Which is always nice.

Things will get better in time but it's been a rough week.

It looks like I'll have the occasional trip to Spain and possibly Middle East as well.

Wow. I wish you good luck with this. I hope things will get better soon.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Ah 5 guys.. .

Still very American looking, even in France. Only the menu is in French, barely.

Funny know if I mentioned this or not but a good hamburger is hard to find here. Not that this is something I go looking for that often.

Did it pass the test for being good enough? I think you mentioned that once? I do recall you saying that a lot of the French scene for food is very French.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Lastly, I decided to listen to that new Tool album, Fear Inoculum again. I can say I like it but not as much as their older stuff.

You can of course makes lots of excuses as to why it's different or not as good. Experiences, age, anxiety, etc.

To me what's lacking is the energy, the wit, sarcasm and anger of the previous albums.

It's very easy to hear too. Listen to any song on the new album then go listen to Vicarious or 10,000 Days or The Pot (probably one of my favourite songs & I've never touched the stuff).

The emotion just isn't in the music of the new album. It's pretty obvious.

Good new album but not anywhere near as good as their old stuff personally. Took too long to release the album.

Anyway that's my music critique.
I'm not sure if you've listened to Steven Wilson. I really like his older albums, especially Hand Cannot Erase and The Raven that Refused to Sing. I'm not as fond of his 2017 album To the Bone for similar reasons as you mentioned about the latest Tool album.

Chuck Finley69

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Lastly, I decided to listen to that new Tool album, Fear Inoculum again. I can say I like it but not as much as their older stuff.

You can of course makes lots of excuses as to why it's different or not as good. Experiences, age, anxiety, etc.

To me what's lacking is the energy, the wit, sarcasm and anger of the previous albums.

It's very easy to hear too. Listen to any song on the new album then go listen to Vicarious or 10,000 Days or The Pot (probably one of my favourite songs & I've never touched the stuff).

The emotion just isn't in the music of the new album. It's pretty obvious.

Good new album but not anywhere near as good as their old stuff personally. Took too long to release the album.

Anyway that's my music critique.

I’m partial to anything Shinedown or Theory of a Deadman when all else is crumbling....

Good luck with everything

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Wow. I wish you good luck with this. I hope things will get better soon.
I'm sure it will.

I'm entering in the middle of everything so things are advanced and I'm playing catch-up.

Just wish I would have had more time review things before being dumped in. Just means I'm asking a lot of questions all the time.

I'm hoping by the end of this week I'll have some time to review things.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I’m partial to anything Shinedown or Theory of a Deadman when all else is crumbling....

Good luck with everything
I've been listening to Nine Inch Nails and Tool. I had an annoying song stuck in my head I wanted to get rid of and I just needed something to push it out.

I also find both a bit motivating and allows me to focus. With Tool it's more the rythemic sounds of guitar and drums. With NIN it's the base lines.

I've listened to other stuff as well and sometimes nothing. I just let my mood direct me.

My work isn't that bad and neither is life. Just some things to sort out.

Been here before.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if you've listened to Steven Wilson. I really like his older albums, especially Hand Cannot Erase and The Raven that Refused to Sing. I'm not as fond of his 2017 album To the Bone for similar reasons as you mentioned about the latest Tool album.
I'll give him a listen.

I was going through some other progressive rock groups after Tool and a few them sound like Tool, not that I want that, but I didn't give them a thorough listen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion