WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Been a long day...
Took the car to the shop to replace rear absorbers and the front set of absorber bush. Wheel alignment was next. The car drives and feels so much better.... I guess we can't skint on stuff like these to make driving safer.

Then the heavens opened up and the I had a free car wash!!!

The heat and humidity so suffocating. Having the aircon on offers temporary relief.. this calls for more serious remedy... so..
shaved ice with cream corn and assorted jellies...!!!!
e85356e97ac551e39f58d4ca9552ab00.jpg

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
When we actually move in to our new place, beginning of Feb, I'll get the DSLR out and take some decent shots.

The apartment is double aspect. We face NW/SE. This is common here in Paris. Especially for larger apartments (2 or more bedrooms).

In our case we're also top floor which is nice. It was a desire but it seemed an unlikely possibility. Most rental places are ground, 1st & 2nd. Typically the worst.

The compromises with this place are mostly due to our being in an area without a fast train into Paris. The others being that the two bedrooms and kitchen are on the small side.

However the living room/dining is huge and we have an enclosed glass balcony that we're going to 'junglfy'. The doors open on the balcony as well and there is a view towards Sacre Coeur but it's not great.

We are well connected though. I only need one bus (20 min) to get to work and there's literally a Metro station out front. The Metro isn't the best station and it's slow which is why I said this place is a bit of a compromise.

We're in a general good location overall though.

Nice! I'm glad that it worked out for y'all.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm finally fully adjusted back to EST.

In more interesting news, I might be looking for a new computer sometime this year. My computer has been good to me but I have had issues getting into it 2 times lately. Last May, it needed a refresh. For the past 2 days, my computer installed a critical update and I couldn't get into it until I did a refresh. Before my trip, I had a similar issue with a Windows update first and then after updating a program (so had to do a system restore). This is tiring. My current laptop has an optic drive, which is awesome but I'm saddened about not being able to have one for the next computer.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Since I still have my savings goal to meet (for a bigger goal), I have some funds to help with that but considering what 99 and MIA went through, I'll have to save a bit more to make this happen, while I look. I don't need the amount of storage that y'all chose though and I have had this computer for almost 5 years. I do know that I'll prefer to have a dedicated graphics card and decent RAM though.

Having a lighter computer will be nice though for when I'll need to carry it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Friday, eh? Guess I'll be more excited later on. At least it's a holiday weekend. Something to look forward to.

I'm also looking forward to the weekend as well. I need to do a lot of cleaning (especially laundry) and it's great to know that losing most of a day to that isn't the end of the weekend for me.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Got an appointment to get my Eve V tuned up. Noticed that I only have 90GB free on a 256GB machine and I only have 10GB personal files.

Dang, I wish you good luck with that as it seems like you really like it. That's a lot of space used. Is that due to Windows 10? I think I should be fine with 128GB.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm also looking forward to the weekend as well. I need to do a lot of cleaning (especially laundry) and it's great to know that losing most of a day to that isn't the end of the weekend for me.
There are a few things I want to do as well. Weather looks like it will be an inconsistent but cold mess. I'll keep it low key. Just need to clear a few hurdles and then I feel like I can make a few moves.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Since I still have my savings goal to meet (for a bigger goal), I have some funds to help with that but considering what 99 and MIA went through, I'll have to save a bit more to make this happen, while I look. I don't need the amount of storage that y'all chose though and I have had this computer for almost 5 years. I do know that I'll prefer to have a dedicated graphics card and decent RAM though.

Having a lighter computer will be nice though for when I'll need to carry it.
More cushin' for the pushin', I'd say...

...i meant, if I'm going to spend the $$$ on a device I'm not going to change for a while, I'd rather have the extra horsepower.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If it snows here everything comes to a halt.
I was in middle school when we had "snow" in Miami back in '77. I thought people were absolutely losing their minds on something so.........trivial. I had lived 5 years in Jacksonville, Fl. when we first came from Cuba so I had seen plenty of snow.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I was in middle school when we had "snow" in Miami back in '77. I thought people were absolutely losing their minds on something so.........trivial. I had lived 5 years in Jacksonville, Fl. when we first came from Cuba so I had seen plenty of snow.
That's hilarious. Here in NYC, you couldn't use that as a late excuse for work as the supervisor would point to a half snow covered jacket in a corner...

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Wow. How does someone criticize every fault about their partner but is unwilling to hear faults about themselves? Currently watching Family or Fiance. It's very interesting.

I feel like I talked about it here before. The synopsis is that there's an engaged couple who stays in a home for 3 days with their families seeking their blessings to get married. They air their issues/concerns with the couple getting married. Each day, the couple meets with a therapist to discuss things and the individuals meet with the other family to do an activity to get to know them better. After that, they ask each family member for their blessing. Blessing or not, the couple chooses to proceed or not proceed with getting married.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb