WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I just don't get it with the Marlins. How is it that they need to have fire sales when they win the World Series as often as they have? Are their owners just the cheapest guys in the league?

I'd love to see the Dolphins become good again. They were a powerhouse when I was a kid.

How are the Heat doing this year? I haven't kept up with the NBA lately.
I'll let Mr. Clue talk about how cheap the old Marlins owner was, who owned the Dolphins at the same time at one point.

The Heats are one of the surprises of the NBA this year and appear playoff bound (#3-4 seed right now).

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'll let Mr. Clue talk about how cheap the old Marlins owner was, who owned the Dolphins at the same time at one point.

The Heats are one of the surprises of the NBA this year and appear playoff bound (#3-4 seed right now).
Yikes! I didn't know the same guy owned both the Marlins and the Dolphins.

That's great the Heat are having a successful year so far.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yikes! I didn't know the same guy owned both the Marlins and the Dolphins.

That's great the Heat are having a successful year so far.
H. Wayne Huizenga owned the Dolphins after original owner Joe Robbie passed and his horrible kids were fighting for control of the team. They sold around the same time the Marlins came into existence. Around this time Huizenga also owned the Florida Panthers hockey team. H. Wayne cheerfully held the first fire-sale after the '97 series and then sold the dumpster to current Red Sox owner John Henry. Naturally, after the '03 series we had fire-sale #2 since it worked so well the first time.

Mercifully, that ******* has never had his grubby mitts on the Heat. They're one of the biggest surprises this year as MIA mentioned. That ********* also owned Blockbuster Video and Waste Management Company. So it's natural to think of Huizenga when you see a dumpster fire, he perfected them.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
H. Wayne Huizenga owned the Dolphins after original owner Joe Robbie passed and his horrible kids were fighting for control of the team. They sold around the same time the Marlins came into existence. Around this time Huizenga also owned the Florida Panthers hockey team. H. Wayne cheerfully held the first fire-sale after the '97 series and then sold the dumpster to current Red Sox owner John Henry. Naturally, after the '03 series we had fire-sale #2 since it worked so well the first time.

Mercifully, that ******* has never had his grubby mitts on the Heat. They're one of the biggest surprises this year as MIA mentioned. That ********* also owned Blockbuster Video and Waste Management Company. So it's natural to think of Huizenga when you see a dumpster fire, he perfected them.
Wow! That's worse than I thought. I hope he sells to someone who actually wants to win and spends the money to win.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow! That's worse than I thought. I hope he sells to someone who actually wants to win and spends the money to win.
Not to speak ill of the dead but he's no longer with us. As I said, he sold the team to John Henry who then sold to Jeffrey Loria, aka Satan's twin brother. Loria sold to a group headed by Derek Jeter a couple of years ago. We simply have no luck with owners. The Dolphins were sold to Stephen Ross (another New York real estate mogul) about 5 years ago and he's not f****d up the team too bad. Well, no worse than when Huizenga had it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Not to speak ill of the dead but he's no longer with us. As I said, he sold the team to John Henry who then sold to Jeffrey Loria, aka Satan's twin brother. Loria sold to a group headed by Derek Jeter a couple of years ago. We simply have no luck with owners. The Dolphins were sold to Stephen Ross (another New York real estate mogul) about 5 years ago and he's not f****d up the team too bad. Well, no worse than when Huizenga had it.

I didn't know he died. Hopefully the current group will figure things out sooner rather than later.

I also hope the Dolphins owner will figure out.

I don't have much hope for the Clowns. I'd be surprised if their new coach lasts more than 1 season.

The Indians owner is going cheap yet again too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know he died. Hopefully the current group will figure things out sooner rather than later.

I don't have much hope for the Clowns. I'd be surprised if their new coach lasts more than 1 season.

I almost fell off my hair with that Brown's comment.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Rachel Phelps owns the Indians again?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Meanwhile, here in NYC:

1) The Knicks are still the Knicks

2) The Nets are the going along, with a shot at making the playoffs

3) The Yankees should be in the mix again for post season play

4) The Jets are still the Jets

5) The Mets are still wildly inconsistent

6) The Islanders are playing good hockey

7) The Rangers are playing like the Nets - in the hunt but with lots of work to do if they want to get into the playoffs

8) The Devils aren't worth talking about right now

9) Very few people pay attention to NYCFC and the Red Bulls in MLS in comparison to the other teams on this list

10) And the sleeper team in the region right now - Rutgers basketball. The women are doing well, but the men's team is the real surprise.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking through xda and I'm wondering if it is still worth rooting anymore. These folks are still doing great work...i just wonder if I want to take that all on again.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Which device? Do you use NFC or Netflix? I IRC, neither works on rooted devices.
A Xiaomi. If I do it's to put the Pixel experience on. I don't use NFC unless for pairing devices and I only watch Netflix on Android TV. I likely won't root it and use it as a work phone.

I just remember how fun it was flashing ROMs and unbricking devices years gone by and wondered out a loud for a second if I wanted to do that again. Probably not.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
A Xiaomi. If I do it's to put the Pixel experience on. I don't use NFC unless for pairing devices and I only watch Netflix on Android TV. I likely won't root it and use it as a work phone.

I just remember how fun it was flashing ROMs and unbricking devices years gone by and wondered out a loud for a second if I wanted to do that again. Probably not.
To clarify, NFC still works on rooted devices, but not Google Pay.

I have my 2013 Nexus 7 tablet, which I may root if I'm bored and want to play around with it.

Good luck if you do decide to root your Xiaomi.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Aw c'mon, you know you want to type adb push.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Having used the BlackBerry keyboard now it starting to make me pay more attention to what and how I type. I was never mindlessly firing away before, but it really makes me miss physical keys. I was a lot more accurate on those.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Well the rental lease is signed.

We have keys. We've ordered stuff. We're going to start moving stuff we're even getting our stuff from our container near Bordeaux.

So overall, a good start to the week.

Been busy as hell but it'll get better.

Just sorting out other things now.

It's always a long list when moving.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

We have keys. We've ordered stuff. We're going to start moving stuff we're even getting our stuff from our container near Bordeaux.

Good luck with completing the move. I don't envy you at all. It does seem like the worst is over, now that the lease has been signed and you have keys.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Congrats!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb