WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
indeed they have...
Spurs haven't recovered since the loss to the Red in the CL finals last May.

http://www.football.co.uk/news/7-st...xt-the-absurdity-of-liverpools-season/634130/

there are a lot of stats and nitpicking critism, but the main focus is winning the league.. hopefully its done as early as April against City..
The problem was that there were holes in the depth of the team last year. They had too many close wins or defeats, which means they could draw a lot (which they are doing now).

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
To everyone that is joining in the celebrations..
Kong Hei Fatt Choy
c2f47f2311ed9dc26533c4eb7bdf91cf.jpg
Happy New Year!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So yesterday was a busy day.

We had an early delivery of white goods at our new place. They were supposed to give us a 30 min call before but gave us 12 instead. Thankfully we don't live that far away but it sure feels long when you're in a hurry. This is 8am in the morning.

Next our internet provider sent technicians to our place. Unfortunately I had the keys to access the area they needed. We have a maintenance person, but she decided to not help. Really nice of her. So I had to leave work to drop off the keys. The good part is I'm less than 15 mins from there the other good part is we now have fast fibre internet.

We then had a delivery of our dining chairs which went smoothly and we put those together before heading to the Airbnb.

We slept badly the night before our delivery and last night because the owner of the Airbnb that we're in lives upstairs and has been quite noisy. Meaning he's been up all hours of the night and the floors are very creaky. We're not sure why this is but it's been annoying. He's an older guy that may have something to do with it. Looking forward to getting out of here.

Today is another busy day as well but thankfully mostly in our control.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So, in-hand feel is underrated, but something I always take into account with a device. Some handsets turn me off when I pick them up, some take a while to warm up to, and some make sense from the moment I touch them. I judge the feel without a case on first, as some phones can be improved with a case (I keeping in a case anyways).

Xiaomi is a good example. The Mi 5 is still my favorite from them of all time. In hand feel so super, super good. Mi Note 2 had a nice in hand feel I liked front the beginning. The Mi Mix 2 I really liked too. The Mi 6 was in the middle for me. I played with a Pocophone F1 and a Mi 8 and could tell immediately they weren't for me.

I recently got to hold a Mi 9t pro and a Mi 9. While I respect both handsets and what Xiaomi is doing, they were never ones I would seek out to buy - and my in hand feel confirmed it. The 9t pro is very nice. The Mi 9 is very nice too. I just don't like the in hand feel of the Mi 9t and the Mi 9 has the type that can grow on me. If I had to keep only one based on in hand feel, it would be the Mi 9.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So having messed around recently with both a Mi 9t pro and a Mi 9, here are my thoughts:

Mi 9t pro:

- Screen is good enough. 1080P made by Samsung, no complaints. Love the all screen look as I don't care for selfie cams

- Overall weight and build quality is good

- The blue and red colors with the flamed patterns on the back are very eye catching. I love the carbon fiber black more but that's subjective.

- Performance is very good.

- Pop up camera is interesting.

- Fast charging is welcomed.

- 3.5mm is always welcomed.

- Bigger battery is always wekcomed.

Mi 9:

- Screen comments are the same as Mi 9t pro

- Feels a bit narrower in hand based on the curve

- IR blaster is a nice treat

- Performance is similar to the Mi 9t pro

- No 3.5mm will always suck for me

- Fast charging (wired and Qi) very appreciated

- Camera is very similar to the Mi 9t pro

Gripes:

- I don't like the in hand feel of the Mi 9t. The curve of the Mi 9 makes sense to me. The more angular/traditional style of the V40 makes sense. The Mi 9t is some kind of "odd feeling intermediate ". There is a slight curve on the back that does not for make it feel narrower and fit better in hand, for my tastes. I'm not a faux guy and that's what I'm getting here.

- I don't like the notch on the Mi 9. It's bigger than it needs to be and Essential still had the neatest notch in waterdrop style (Oneplus is number two for me).

- Not a fan of the camera on each. No OIS sucks. Found a nice g cam port so using both that and the stock app is a good workaround.

Overall, both are good phones and strong arguments for their target audience. Mi 9 is a nice value of mix of flagship features for the price point. The Mi 9t pro is a good mix of performance power with nice styling for its price point. If I were picking between both, I'd pick a Mi Mix 3 5G as it has the mix of the strengths of both for my needs (5G, good price, all screen, premium design, better cameras with OIS at the cost of both the 3.5mm and Qi and a brick weight wise). If I had to get ONLY one for my needs, it'd be the Mi 9.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs