WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hope so...

Traveling in Europe is a bit different than USA.

Paris can be frustrating.

The protests are still on as well.

Makes for fun times...
They'll figure it out. The wife (my old coworker) is pretty resourceful (she's a social worker too). I think if you can navigate the nonsense that is NYC, you've got a fighting chance to travel abroad.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So, I'm waiting for some stuffs to come in before switching over to the Nokia. I vacillate between Android skins back in the day a ton to keep my Android experience pretty fresh. In the Galaxy Nexus days, you needed root to port skins over, but I always liked that stock + look (Xperia launcher was the favorite).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I do need a new pair of Bluetooth headsets though as the Sabbats aren't loud enough anymore for the commute. I may get another pair that's louder though, but I'm not sure yet. I'm using the X-12s that are on the ear. I may go with the E-12 Ultras with the updated chips as the call quality and Bluetooth connections on this are in the milder warm garbage category.

I have dug out my essential and Xiaomi ANC USB-C headphones as well. My issue has always been fit - I don't like in ear solutions, as most are shaped in such a way that they don't fir my ear. I do prefer on ear (wired and wireless) but like most things I use, aren't popular. The X-12s work but I have to use the wing tips to give me that fit I want. Unfortunately, it doesn't make them convenient, because the charging case designed for the earbuds without the wingtips. But, I'll likely stay with Sabbat as I like their sound profile. It'll be the E-12 Ultra that have in the in ear design with hope that the shape of the earbuds don't require me to use wing tips.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have to admit I haven't lost that love of history that Europe offers and the difference.

But I'm not unrealistic.

I still look at the Eiffel Tower every night. Simply because it was just some wild fantasy to have that view.
I just want to visit to see if the colonial hype is real.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I just want to visit to see if the colonial hype is real.
I assume you're referring to the buildings? Or?

When/if you decide to visit I'd suggest giving yourself time so you can venture outside Paris.

Paris is nice but getting out of it is a good idea.

The biggest issue with Paris is that there's so much to see and to just be a part of. The tourist stuff is ok but the city itself is pretty.

I know this will sound weird but I don't recommend going up the Eiffel Tower. It's simply not with it.

There's better views from other buildings, with the Eiffel Tower in it...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I assume you're referring to the buildings? Or?

When/if you decide to visit I'd suggest giving yourself time so you can venture outside Paris.

Paris is nice but getting out of it is a good idea.

The biggest issue with Paris is that there's so much to see and to just be a part of. The tourist stuff is ok but the city itself is pretty.

I know this will sound weird but I don't recommend going up the Eiffel Tower. It's simply not with it.

There's better views from other buildings, with the Eiffel Tower in it...
I'm being tongue in cheek, talking how the hype of Old World Western European culture still being more superior to everything else...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So while I was in the middle of swapping daily driver duties to the new stallion in the stable, I didn't want to be unreachable considering my wife or daughter weren't home yet. I powered up the Acer Jade Primo that I keep on a Digits SIM and paired it to my truck's stereo. A few minutes later I got a text message and I about fell on my *** when Cortana's lovely voice asked me if I wanted her to read the message or ignore it. Honestly, I had forgotten all about this and I couldn't believe this feature still worked. Windows really had some awesome stuff, thank you Clippy (not Nadella) for ruining it for us all.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So while I was in the middle of swapping daily driver duties to the new stallion in the stable, I didn't want to be unreachable considering my wife or daughter weren't home yet. I powered up the Acer Jade Primo that I keep on a Digits SIM and paired it to my truck's stereo. A few minutes later I got a text message and I about fell on my *** when Cortana's lovely voice asked me if I wanted her to read the message or ignore it. Honestly, I had forgotten all about this and I couldn't believe this feature still worked. Windows really had some awesome stuff, thank you Clippy (not Nadella) for ruining it for us all.
WP had some dynamic stuff baked in. It's just a pity all it all went down.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is well integrated in Outlook for iOS and I now use it to catch up on emails whilst driving.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm being tongue in cheek, talking how the hype of Old World Western European culture still being more superior to everything else...
I actually didn't know there was hype about that.

The only thing I would say that is better is a respect for having a life outside of work and it's generally more liberal than the USA.

The charm of Europe is mostly due to the old cities and towns. The towns generally have nicer people than cities but I've never really had an issue either way.

There are, like anywhere, lots of issues. France has tonnes, but so does everywhere else.

Things change, things stay the same.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I actually didn't know there was hype about that.

The only thing I would say that is better is a respect for having a life outside of work and it's generally more liberal than the USA.

The charm of Europe is mostly due to the old cities and towns. The towns generally have nicer people than cities but I've never really had an issue either way.

There are, like anywhere, lots of issues. France has tonnes, but so does everywhere else.

Things change, things stay the same.
There's always hype about that from some of the stuck up people who look like you, so...

Jokes aside, Paris is on my list...after Tokyo. Well after Tokyo.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So some trolls online are up in arms with the prices of Xiaomi's Mi10 and Mi10 pro models. I'm more up in arms about it being curved displays, so I guess that's a thing now. I'm good with the Mi9 for what I intend to use it for.

Back to the Mi10 for a second. These same tracks who are crying about price have a point, but not really. Their ire shouldn't be directed at Xiaomi. Other major OEMs are still overcharging for their devices and comparatively speaking, Xiaomi still offers a ton of value for the money. If people weren't spending money the way they do in the high end market, then this wouldn't be an issue. Even OPPO backed Oneplus is asking prices. There's a ton of competition in the budget flagship space.

Truthfully, anything from the SD820 chip down still runs good for basics. So chasing the latest only fuels waste and the excuse for OEMs to continue to charge what they're currently charging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre