WC 1M Post Challenge - You Ready?!

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Oh, i find it interesting how no one is talking about corona virus' impact on mobile production.
Huge impact. If everyone knew the stockmarket and stocks would be in worse shape. A huge amount of many many things not just electronics is produced out of China huge.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Huge impact. If everyone knew the stockmarket and stocks would be in worse shape. A huge amount of many many things not just electronics is produced out of China huge.
Xi is under a ton of pressure, because this is the last thing he needs in fighting a trade war with this President and amdist concerns of slowing local economic growth.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Kinda like folding displays screen to body ratio. There's nothing wrong with bezel imo. I dunno honestly about foldables, unless it's super thin and has a lock feature for the hinge or something... There are so many things that just are not "there" yet.
OEMs are looking for the next thing to excite the high end market. I think there is a place for different form factors, but I think it's the next OS iteration that will really move things forward.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
An interesting part in the high end space is the usage of polycarbonate. If you're not using some combination of glass, steel, aluminum, ceramic, titanium, it's not premium. The only people who have loved this change are the phone designers and the repair companies. Even then, some of these phones have such low repair scores it's laughable.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Plus, as it spreads, it's going Impact other places. Besides China, lots of phones get made in Korea and Vietnam. I thought I saw something about Samsung and one of their Korean factories about Corona virus.

We are just talking about phones here. As much as people **** on the Chinese economy, it does play a key role in global trade.

Interesting times ahead indeed.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to wrap my mind around this Halsey album. Every once in a while it's helpful to listen to popular music. I still like what I like, though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This is my sweet spot here. The mocha brown Mate 10 Pro or the diamond black Mate 10 porsche design is one phone I wish I could have tried. Even though I'd be giving up the jack an Qi, 6" screen with a 4000mah battery is a win for me.

I'll chug along though with what I have though.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This is my sweet spot here. The mocha brown Mate 10 Pro or the diamond black Mate 10 porsche design is one phone I wish I could have tried. Even though I'd be giving up the jack an Qi, 6" screen with a 4000mah battery is a win for me.

I'll chug along though with what I have though.
There are a few handsets I wish I could have tried over the years. Here are the ones that stood out for me, in no particular order:

Sony Xperia 5
Sony Xperia XZ3
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5 (5G)
Huawei Mate 10 pro/porsche design
Huawei Mate RS
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Samsung Note 7/FE
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
Asus Zenfone 6
Asus ROG II
LG V50
LG G8
Nokia 8 Sirocco
Realme X2 Pro
Razer phone 2
HTC U12+

Only two of these are still in play...and even then, it's not a certainty.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
We wandered around a bit too. This is one of the few 'passage ways' left in Paris. They're trying to revive them. Great to get out of the weather.

We also went to another area not really tourist friendly but if you want a little edginess in your life and to see a real diverse area then Saint Denis is a good place to go. Went by an Asian shop for some things, picked up coffee from a local roster, went to a Lebanese place for falafel and a bakery for a baguette. There's also Indian and vegan restaurants.

We know this place from our second trip to Paris when we lived in UK.

The archway is the entrance to the district.
4ca8f017f6a0d7ed59e25344166e760e.jpg
ab8cb51a5f8f6166e1facb78ab464a91.jpg
a1563a7dbf7b8325738ee48059873503.jpg
That looks like a great place. I would really enjoy seeing the non-touristy places even as a tourist. Excellent photos too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
There are a few handsets I wish I could have tried over the years. Here are the ones that stood out for me, in no particular order:

Sony Xperia 5
Sony Xperia XZ3
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5 (5G)
Huawei Mate RS
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Samsung Note 7/FE
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
Asus Zenfone 6
Asus ROG II
LG V50
LG G8
Nokia 8 Sirocco
Realme X2 Pro
Razer phone 2
HTC U12+

If someone said, "narrow this down, it would be:

Mate RS. I didn't care for the dual FPS, and I know that the Mate 10 got better battery life. And while the Mate 20 Pro is clearly a better phone, I really, really liked this thing.

Xperia XZ3. I really liked the in hand feel of this thing. If I could have made two changes, I would have imported the XZ2 premium's camera (Sony's best in 2018) and use an in screen FPS.

Mi Mix 3. Always liked the slider and I always liked this Mi line.

The thing with these three is that I would use all three as daily drivers.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Sony Xperia 5
Sony Xperia XZ3
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5 (5G)
Huawei Mate RS
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Samsung Note 7/FE
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
Asus Zenfone 6
Asus ROG II
LG V50
LG G8
Nokia 8 Sirocco
Realme X2 Pro
Razer phone 2
HTC U12+

I owned and used the Xperia xz3 and the Nokia 8 scirroco just fyi. Out of those two I preferred the xz3 based on my time with both.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
If someone said, "narrow this down, it would be:

Mate RS. I didn't care for the dual FPS, and I know that the Mate 10 got better battery life. And while the Mate 20 Pro is clearly a better phone, I really, really liked this thing.

Xperia XZ3. I really liked the in hand feel of this thing. If I could have made two changes, I would have imported the XZ2 premium's camera (Sony's best in 2018) and use an in screen FPS.

Mi Mix 3. Always liked the slider and I always liked this Mi line.

The thing with these three is that I would use all three as daily drivers.
In order, it still would be the Mate RS, Mi Mix 3 and the XZ3. Those porsche phones were hard to find with good reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett